Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for A. Osmer > Reviews

Browse

A. Osmer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Osmer "Anthony" RSS Feed (GA)

Fintie Folio Case for Kindle Paperwhite - The Book Style PU Leather Cover Auto Sleep/Wake for All-New Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (Fits versions: 2012 2013 2014 and 2015 New 300 PPI), Vintage Winter Ice
Offered by GoodWorldDeals

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it so much I just HAD to write this review., December 30, 2014
I don't usually leave reviews, but I liked this item so much that I just had to make the time to do it. I absolutely LOVE this case! I've had others, varying in price and quality and this one is by far my all time favorite. The one I got was the "Vintage Winter Ice" book style. Here are the reasons I just love this case:

1. It actually feels like a book in your hand. A common complaint people have about e-readers is that it just doesn't "feel" like a real book. Well, this case gives you that authentic "real book" feeling without being heavy or bulky. It is in fact quite comfortable to hold and even folds back easily if you prefer. It's kind of holding like a small, hard bound, leather, book.
2. It's appearance is simple yet beautiful and elegant. And I loved the color even more once I got to see it in person.
3. It is very well made and provides the best protection of any case I've ever had. The case is a protective hard cover on both sides with a protective inner sleeve that holds your Kindle in place on all sides, even allows you to close the entry point of the sleeve with a fold-in Velcro flap. And it still leaves access to the power button and charging port.
4. Auto Sleep/Wake feature works perfectly. I've had some cases that didn't always work properly and would drain the battery. But this one works every time, the way it's supposed to. I haven't had the issue other's have mentioned, with the Kindle going into sleep mode when folding the case backwards. I can of course, only speak for the one I have.
5. The magnetic close feature is very nice. I've had other cases with a fold over flap that snaps into place, and I've had one with a very weak magnet that never held securely. BUT this case's magnet holds very well and provides a complete seal all the way around. This allows it to not only feel like a real book but it makes it look like one too.

I couldn't be happier with this case. And it was also one of the more inexpensive cases I've bought. What more could you ask for? I HIGHLY recommend this case. :)

Batman: Arkham City - Action Video Game, PC
Batman: Arkham City - Action Video Game, PC
Offered by Gulf Bay Enterprises
Price: $16.89
31 used & new from $3.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! (For DirectX 10.1 users anyway!), November 28, 2011
Well, I pondered upgrading to an Nvidia DX11 card to get the full Phsyx and all. I guess now I am glad that I did not. It seems most complaints are related to DX11. I have not had a single issue playing this game with my machine.

My machine is as follows:
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Core i7 965 3.2 GHz (Quad Core)
ATI Radeon HD4870X2 (directx 10.1 card)
8 GB Ram

And I must say that this is an absolutely beautiful game. I was able to max all settings, except the lack of Physx and the 1920X1080 limitation of my monitor. It is a gorgeous game visually even without DX11 and Physx. The voice acting, just like on Arkham Asylum (which I also have on pc and never had a single issue with)is amazing.

The plot and story of the game also is incredible. I have finished all but Catwoman's last mission or 2. I thought that the story line was better than any Batman story I have read/watched/ or played in the past (not to imply I am a Batman junkie. I rarely read comics, but LOVE the Christopher Nolan movies, as well as the old Animated Series). So many twists and turns. Just amazing writing.

Anyways. If you have a DirectX 10.1 card, based on my experience, you should have no problems; go ahead and buy, and prepare to be amazed. DirectX 11, I cannot speak for and I would trust the other reviews on that. I have seen this complaint on the AC forums as well; and I do really hate it when I get stuck with issues like that and I do not doubt their frustrations. Sorry guys.

BTW: The Catwoman content is already present on the PC version. No need to download at all!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2012 4:33 AM PST