Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for P. O'Hara > Reviews

Browse

P. O'Hara's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. O'Hara "Semi Equip" RSS Feed (Santa Cruz, CA USA)

What Goes Up...
What Goes Up...
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun, quick paced, and engaging story, July 20, 2015
This review is from: What Goes Up... (Kindle Edition)
Being a "techie" I really enjoy books and movies that have a "let's look at science from a different perspective" bent to them. What Goes Up starts very quickly (which I like) with a suggestion that a fundamental mistake has been made by one of the greatest scientists in history - I'm hooked. The story develops quickly and keeps the reader engaged. Stover's easy going, every man writing style, makes for a very quick read. I hope there's a sequel!

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Upgrade [Old Version]
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Upgrade [Old Version]
Offered by RetailSoftware
Price: $23.50
8 used & new from $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Free Upgrade - NOT. Thanks Microsoft, March 31, 2008
I bought a beautiful new iMac for Christmas for the family (and me). It came with a coupon from Microsoft that permitted me to upgrade (for free) Office 2004 Student/Teacher Edition to Office 2008 Home and Student Edition when it became available in the Spring. I thought, "wow, those guys at Microsoft are pretty neat. What a nice gift and just in time for the holiday." I brought my shiny new iMac home, set it up, and it ran beautifully - of course. In short order, I had Entourage interacting with my Exchange server at work sending / retrieving email. What could be better, the kids had a place to do their homework and I did too.

I got my new version of Office 2008 Home and Student Edition today. I installed it. I started Entoruage, and guess what? It no longer supports Exchange servers. Like buying a new car and finding out that, although last years model had air conditioning, this years model does not - I was stunned. Could my new found appreciation for Microsoft be dashed so suddenly? You bet it could be - those Bas.....!

My only alternative, if I would like to send and receive email at home is to upgrade at considerable expense to the standard edition. So, if I want to retrieve my previous functionality, I get to pay ~$200.00 for an upgrade to Microsofts gracious "free upgrade offer." A truely brilliant peice of marketing.

My company (the one that I own) spends several $100,000.00 annually on Dell computers to be included with our products. Each Dell has a host of Microsoft software on it. I swear that I will do everything I can to have our design teams remove Microsoft's products from ours - sorry Dell. Microsoft is a decietful company and should pay the price for their "bend the customer over" mentality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2009 3:23 PM PDT