Profile for Ian C. Chin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ian C. Chin RSS Feed (Seattle, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Personal (with bonus short story Not a Drill): A Jack Reacher Novel
Personal (with bonus short story Not a Drill): A Jack Reacher Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, September 14, 2014
OK to skip this book. nothing memorable.

Powerextra™ 14.4V 3500mAh Replacement Battery for iRobot Roomba 400 series
Powerextra™ 14.4V 3500mAh Replacement Battery for iRobot Roomba 400 series
Offered by WONDERSHOP
Price: $68.99
2 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually I Love my Roombot, August 26, 2014
Actually I Love my Roombot but the previous OEM battery would only run for 5min before needing recharging. This battery enables me to use it; The OEM version is going for $60 for the exact same thing.
Would recommend this product and will buy it again in a few years.

Integrity Automatic Pencil Black ValuePack W/ERASER, 2Pack
Integrity Automatic Pencil Black ValuePack W/ERASER, 2Pack
Offered by Du-All Drafting & Art Supply
Price: $16.75
2 used & new from $16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Staedtler!, August 2, 2014
This is the perfect pencil for Sudoku puzzles because: 1. The extendable eraser allows me to erase individual numbers as well as erase all the candidates and pencil them in order...then erase some more. 2. The double clutch really works allowing you press harder. 3. Straight slim pencil with removable pocket clip. Pocket clips are handy but not for a Sudoku pencil because I'm constantly flipping the pencil between the lead and the eraser and twisting/extending the eraser - pocket clips are very abrasive. It's slim and long enough to block rows and columns which helps. The textured rubber grip cap makes it very comfortable to hold.
Also it's great for everyday writing and erasing.
To remove the pocket clip: There are actually 2 pieces - pocket clip and a ring, hold the ring and unscrew the body, then remove the pocket clip and screw the ring back on. I also remove the bar code sticker.

Edge-Ahead 749 Spin Shear, 5-3/4 Inches
Edge-Ahead 749 Spin Shear, 5-3/4 Inches
Offered by Sally Beauty Supply
Price: $71.99
3 used & new from $45.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Meets requirements but not overly enthusiastic., July 28, 2014
Sharp as any scissors i've owned so no complaints there.
Had to remove the orange plastic thumb "ring" so now my thumb fits. Still not as ergonomic even though the thumb pivots.

LG Electronics HBS-730 Tone+ Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - White
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: Click here to see our price
35 used & new from $20.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems with the receiver, July 1, 2014
LG 730 was perfect for my needs. There are no competitors with a "necklace" for the Bluetooth controls with sweat proof ear-buds.
Unfortunately LG has quality issues and I received (and returned) THREE lemons were the Bluetooth receiver barely worked producing noise and static - completely unusable. No problem, they received 6000 4 star reviews. I just received a bad one. Amazon Customer service was Fantastic. After the 3rd time I was going to go bluetoothless until LG mfg. got their quality control under control.
Then for the first time the model the Hbs-750 (new?)

This is a keeper! The only reason I gave Hbs-750 4 stars (I gave this 1 star) was 2 cons.
1. There is this blue laser beam on the phone icon. I currently have masking tape covering it. Is this disable-able?
2. The ear buds are hard and round and fall out. I just replaced them with my soft small Klipsch earplugs and they are way more comfortable and stay in.

LG 97023VRP Tone Pro Bluetooth Stereo Headphones with Microphone (White)
LG 97023VRP Tone Pro Bluetooth Stereo Headphones with Microphone (White)
Price: Click here to see our price
68 used & new from $34.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally the Bluetooth works!, July 1, 2014
Unfortunately LG has quality issues and I received (and returned) THREE lemons were the Bluetooth receiver barely worked producing noise and static - completely unusable. No problem, they received 6000 4 star reviews and I just received a bad one. Amazon Customer service was Fantastic. After the 3rd time I was going to go bluetoothless until LG mfg. got their quality control under control.
Then for the first time the model the Hbs-750 (new?)

This is a keeper! The only reason I gave it 4 stars was 2 cons.
2. The ear buds are hard and round and fall out. I just replaced them with my soft small Shure earplugs and they are way more comfortable and stay in.

Pilot Iroshizuku Bottled Fountain Pen Ink, Yama-Guri, Wild Chestnut, Dark Brown (69219)
Price: $22.50
11 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this color., May 25, 2014
I use this with a pilot Vanishing Point pen. Just click to extend the pen and it starts writing right away. Beautiful color and it's the one I used most so it is well worth the high price. I have other colors but I can't really rationally justify the cost. I like the bottles so I pay the price.

J. Herbin Fountain Pen Ink 30Ml Vert Empire
J. Herbin Fountain Pen Ink 30Ml Vert Empire
Offered by Junipers'
Price: $9.78
7 used & new from $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Like old money, April 23, 2014
If you look at the Serial Number on a 2009 series $10 bill, that what this color looks like to me. It feels like old money, military, faded green jeeps from the 50's...I love it! It's loaded in my noodlers Ahab Flex nib pen. It comes out wet but dries with NO feathering on cheap staples printer paper.

On this paper there is no bleed with regular writing. At maximum soakage/pressure (remember this is a $20 pen so it takes extra pressure to spread the tines) there are traces of bleed through but you could probably still write on both sides of the page.

Shades beautifully making it a good choice for monochromatice sketches and drawing.
This is the only green so I have nothing to compare it to.
Cons: This not a dark green...in fact it comes out very light when writing quickly with "normal" pressure. However, I just remembered the pen I am testing with. It comes with very conservative flow and you need to hack the nib if you want a gusher.
Pros: This ink is great for lettering and drawing where you are looking at, and controlling the amount of ink being laid down on the paper.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2014 5:11 PM PDT

Cross Fountain Pen Cartridge Ink Refills, Black Ink Cartridges, 6 per card (8921)
Offered by Discount USA
Price: $5.49
42 used & new from $2.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but portable., April 22, 2014
Pros: Well made and very convenient. I keep a spare on hand in case I run out of ink in my converter. As a backup they're a good investment as I still have all 6!

Cons: Bad for the environment and super expensive. You could get FOUR 50ml bottles of iroshhisuku for less than the cost of the the equivalent amount of these cartriges. They come in boring colors.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2014 11:01 PM PDT

Cross Fountain Pen Converter, Push in Style Fits Cross Townsend Founatin Pens, Green Converter, (8751)
Price: $9.91
16 used & new from $5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaky, April 22, 2014
I have a sterling silver Paul Smith manufactured by the cross company. The replacement cartriges a push in style and they work fine. This coverter gizmo is unusable. The "Cross Fountain Pen Converter, Screw-in Style (8756) " works perfectly so for all you Paul Smith fountain pen owners get the screw in Style.
If down the road I get another cross pen (and it doesn't work with the screw in syle) it may work perfectly - or I could try some silicon plumbers tape for a perfect seal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4