Profile for Scott Pointon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 505

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott Pointon "Former Marine, Librarian, Woodworker, Homebrewer" RSS Feed (Crest Hill, IL United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
KONA French Press Replacement Screen Parts (2Pack) Best Universal 8-Cup Stainless Steel Reusable Filter Coffee Accessories
Offered by Idylc Homes
Price: $9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars An Upgrade To An Already Great Product, April 1, 2015
I have to be honest, I was so happy with the performance of my Idylc Homes Kona French Press, I dragged my feet for a long time before replacing the standard filter screen with this newer, redesigned one. The updated screen is sturdier and made from a heavier gauge stainless steel mesh, so it just feels like better quality and makes me think that it would be very difficult to accidentally damage it while cleaning. When it came to brewing a cup, as I said, I was very happy with the original screen but this replacement takes things to a new level. It isn't night-and-day better, but it is a better product. Why you ask? Because aside from the previously noted higher/sturdier quality construction, this new filter screen seems to filter finer particles than the original. That leads to fewer "dregs" in the bottom of my cup without any loss of flavor. Overall, I love my Idylc Homes Kona French Press and I highly recommend these replacement screens as an inexpensive upgrade to that already great product.

Ultraship 75 Lb Electronic Digital Shipping Postal Kitchen Scale
Ultraship 75 Lb Electronic Digital Shipping Postal Kitchen Scale
Offered by aSavings
Price: $32.99
6 used & new from $25.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for many uses!, March 10, 2015
Accurate and easy to use scale. I use mine primarily for measuring ingredients for my home brewing hobby, but it also gets used occasionally for kitchen/cooking measurements, shipping weight calculations, etc. I appreciate how intuitive the functions are to use. Overall it's a great product that can often be found at a great price here on Amazon!

Klein Tools 98002BT Bottle Opener
Klein Tools 98002BT Bottle Opener
Offered by HVACR Tools
Price: $8.00
30 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is cool looking, super heavy duty and strong, March 10, 2015
This thing is cool looking, super heavy duty and strong, and reminds everyone drinking beer around my house that I am a tool guy! A must have for every handy man who also drinks beer!

Upgradelights®lamp Shade Bulb Clip Adapter Clip on with Shade Attaching Finial
Upgradelights®lamp Shade Bulb Clip Adapter Clip on with Shade Attaching Finial
Offered by Wholesale Craft Outlet
Price: $6.48
4 used & new from $2.45

4.0 out of 5 stars A cheap and easy way to attach a shade to any home made ..., March 10, 2015
A cheap and easy way to attach a shade to any home made or hand crafted lamp. Works like a charm!

VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount for most 22"-55" LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen - up to 88 lb VESA 400x400 mm with Full Motion Swivel Articulating Arm, 20 in Extension, for Monitor (Black) WP5
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $29.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality at a GREAT price., March 10, 2015
I bought this to mount my 50" Magnavox flat screen TV on the wall in my new basement man cave. The packaging arrived in good shape, and when I opened the box I was immediately impressed with the fit and finish of the metal parts. I had to attach the included extensions for this unit to match the mounting holes on my TV, but that was simple and easy to do. I was happy to see that each of the various types of screws and small parts were sealed inside their own compartment in a long, well labeled plastic sleeve. This made it super easy to identify each part that the instruction manual referred to along the way. I did the whole thing myself in less than a half hour, including the step where I had to hang the TV onto the mount (much easier than it sounds). The ability to swing the whole TV away from the wall when needed is a huge plus to this design. Overall I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of this device, and the price is incredible!

Francois et Mimi 50-Ounce Stainless Steel Double Wall French Coffee Press, Large
Offered by Power Savings
Price: $59.99
9 used & new from $47.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and good quality, October 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife and I got the Francois et Mimi 50-Ounce Stainless Steel Double Wall French Coffee Press for those times when we wanted to make coffee for more than two people, and also when the group might want multiple cups over a period of time (such as a long lazy Sunday breakfast with family members over the holidays).

Other than its size, our main reasons for choosing this press were:

- It is all stainless, making it beautiful but also very durable
- It has a double walled design, presumably keeping the coffee hot for longer periods of time

In use we have found that this unit certainly delivers on the beauty/durability aspect. As for the heat retention, it seems to do a much better job of holding in heat than our glass carafe style coffee presses, but it certainly is not as good as a high end thermos (but who wants one of those sitting around on the breakfast table).

Overall, I am glad we have this press and if the past year of use is an indication we will continue to enjoy this for years to come.

Quartet Matrix Magnetic Modular Whiteboards, 34 Inches x 23 Inches, Silver Aluminum Frame (M3423)
Price: $48.90
16 used & new from $29.34

4.0 out of 5 stars but I love the large size, October 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a no-frills dry erase board, but I love the large size. The dry erase surface is very smooth, thus the proper markers erase easily and completely. I also love that there is an integral marker tray, but if I had one critical thing to add to this review it is in regard to how the marker tray attaches to the board. Instead of screws or some sort of full length integral slot, there are little clips that snap onto each end of the marker tray that connect it to the board and hold it in place. It is too easy to bump those, which can cause them to pop off, and a few times the tray has then fallen off and clattered noisily to the floor.

Other than that little design issue, this is a great product and I am glad that I own it!

KONA French Press ~ Best Coffee Tea & Espresso Maker with 34-Ounce Heat Resistant Glass, Black ~ Perfect Present Idea for Birthday Gifts
Offered by Idylc Homes
Price: $17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Coffee Press!, October 29, 2014
My wife and I own three coffee presses. That seems crazy, but one of them is very large, for when we want to make coffee for a large group, but two of them are smaller units. We have the two smaller ones because the first one we bought was ok, but not great. Since picking up this Kona French Press, it has quickly grown to be our favorite because of the small but important design features. I have even been experimenting with cold-pressing coffee, and this unit has served me well in those endeavors too.

My favorite features of this press are:

- The overall design just looks modern and sleek
- The handle is strong and comfortable to hold, even if you have large hands. This is not true of our delicate little press that is meant to look like a classic French model.
- The glass carafe seems to be made of a very good quality glass, and is far more protected than other presses we have owned because of the plastic casing that weaves/wraps around it. I also like that the carafe fits snugly into the plastic casing, making the whole unit feel less delicate and breakable.
- It comes with a scoop for measuring the ground coffee into the carafe.
- The filter screen part of the unit is high quality, but not a lot different from the other high quality presses we have used. However, because it does a great job of straining out the coarse ground coffee we use, I am happily add it to this list.

Overall I have nothing but good things to say about this KONA French Press. It isn't the cheapest one out there, but I think it is a great value for the price and well worth buying. Highly recommended.

Magnum Media DUAL SCALE 0-32% Brix and 1.000-1.130SG Wort Refractometer RSG-100ATC Beer Home Brew
Offered by Zhangzhou Sino Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
Price: $15.05
2 used & new from $15.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, especially for the price!, July 29, 2014
I waffled for a long time on which refractometer to buy for use when home brewing beer. I knew because of the issues with alcohol being present that I would not use one of these for post-fermentation readings, but I wanted one for ease of checking pre-boil and post boil gravity. This little unit works great, and was already calibrated accurately right out of the box. All you have to do is grab a few drops of wort with the included dropper, place those on the sample panel, wait for them to cool (a few seconds) and view the results. On my refractometer, the swiveling focus adjustment was a little crooked, but it turned out to just be the outer rubber housing and I was able to straighten it without much effort and with no negative ramifications.

This thing is accurate, convenient, and cheap. I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle All Purpose Surface Cleaner Lemon 30 Fluid Ounce
Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle All Purpose Surface Cleaner Lemon 30 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Simplified Shopping Solutions
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $16.38

5.0 out of 5 stars It smells great and works well., June 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I admit up front that I am a sucker for lemon-scented kitchen cleaning products. I think that this cleaner has a wonderful scent that makes everything smell clean and fresh. I really like that it is concentrated, and that I can choose to add more or less of it to my water to get more or less "oomph" and aroma.

I have mainly used this to mix a solution to scrub my floors with, but I have also used it to make a weaker solution to clean counters, the refrigerator, etc. I would say that the cleaning power is less than that of the strongest pre-mixed spray bottle cleaners (like Fantastik, 409, etc) but it is pretty good nonetheless. As I said previously, because it is concentrated you can mix it stronger if you choose and I like that one bottle of this can be made into the equivalent of many many bottles of traditional cleaners.

I will be buying more of this when my bottle is empty!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20