Profile for Spottedfeather > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 103

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Spottedfeather RSS Feed (Independence, Missouri United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Tron: The Original Classic (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Tron: The Original Classic (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
DVD ~ Jeff Bridges
Price: $14.99
27 used & new from $10.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !, April 13, 2011
I've loved this movie ever since I was a kid. For the time, the effects were amazing. And for the most part, they hold up pretty well today. The only bad thing about this new set of the movie is that there is a tad too much DNR. At least it's not as bad as the worthless Predator blu-ray that just came out. Another bad thing is that it has the movie in 5.1 DTS HD-Master Audio. Which didn't exist when the movie came out. TRON is only supposed to be 4.0. Don't know why they messed it up.

The Secret of NIMH [Blu-ray]
The Secret of NIMH [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Dom DeLuise
Price: $11.08
22 used & new from $6.08

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad...Unless You Want To Watch It, March 23, 2011
I only saw this once or twice when I was a kid. It's a bit dark, like I like, which will be a lot of fun. I know that I will watch this over and over and it will be a classic. The only extra that's on the blu-ray is a commentary. I like commentaries, but I really wish they would've have a trailer, at least. Or maybe the making of featurette that was on the 2 disc blu-ray.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2012 5:58 PM PDT

John Candy Comedy Favorites Collection (Uncle Buck / The Great Outdoors / Going Berserk)
DVD ~ John Candy
Price: $10.19
86 used & new from $1.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad, March 9, 2011
Uncle Buck, after Planes, Trains, And Automobiles, is John Candy's best movie. Going Berserk, only available in this set is just GOD-awful. It's so horrible. I could barely make it through about 15 minutes before I had to turn it off. It's just not good. It's not even good in the "so bad that it's funny" kind of way. It's bad. If you buy this set, do NOT pay any attention to Going Berserk. It will ruin your entire week.

Black Sheep & Tommy Boy  [Blu-ray]
Black Sheep & Tommy Boy [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Chris Farley

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarity Ensues, February 19, 2011
I love Chris Farley, especially when he's with David Spade. Even having seen these movies hundreds of times in the last 18-some years, I laugh every time. And on blu-ray, I even saw things that I had never noticed in the movie before.

A Diva's Christmas Carol
A Diva's Christmas Carol
DVD ~ Vanessa Williams
Price: $13.57
37 used & new from $7.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, Inspiring Christmas Movie, February 19, 2011
This review is from: A Diva's Christmas Carol (DVD)
I have seen this movie probably 50 times. I watch it every year. This last year, I think I may have watched it a few too many times, annoying my family. What can I say ? I love the movie and will watch it whenever I have the chance. The only bad thing about this dvd is the lack of any extras. I would have loved to have had a commentary with Vanessa Williams.

One Magic Christmas
One Magic Christmas
DVD ~ Mary Steenburgen
Offered by Super Fast DVDs
Price: $8.25
47 used & new from $2.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Christmas Classic, February 19, 2011
This review is from: One Magic Christmas (DVD)
I have loved this movie ever since I was a kid. I watched it every year, even though I had a copy I taped off of tv. I knew that I HAD to get the dvd. I had never seen it in widescreen and, now that I have, it's full of 80s goodness. A bit sad (if you've seen it, you'll know what I mean), but it has an incredibly tear-jerk ending. A great movie for the whole family, though maybe not the littlest ones. If you have any sort of Christmas spirit in you, you have to pick this movie up.

The Brady Bunch: The Complete Series with Shag Carpet Cover
The Brady Bunch: The Complete Series with Shag Carpet Cover
DVD ~ Robert Reed
Price: $71.23
16 used & new from $52.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro Heaven !, January 12, 2011
I just got my set and it's great. The shag carpet cover feels really cool and the inside looks like 70s wood paneling. I didn't seen any of the problems that other people have reported ; no scratched discs or glue residue. When I opened the set, the discs did fog up a bit when they were adjusting to the inside temperature (outside, it's like 15 degrees) and I thought I saw some stuff on the discs, but when they adjusted to being inside, they look almost perfect. I did have one tiny fleck of glue on the very edge of a single disc but it came right off. I can't wait to watch one of my favourite shows of all time.

Let the Right One In [Blu-ray]
Let the Right One In [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Lina Leandersson
Price: $11.79
30 used & new from $5.47

4.0 out of 5 stars What A Vampire Movie Should Be (You Hear That, Twilight?), December 11, 2010
The cover of this masterpiece speaks the truth. It is the absolute best vampire movie that's ever been made. A million times better than the overblown, badly written, badly acted, vampire-rule destroying, crapfest of Twilight. But that's not really hard to do. The House That Dripped Blood was a better vampire movie. I love this movie. Everything about this movie is perfection. The setting is incredibly bleak, which should be a given in every vampire movie. The characters are amazingly written and have wonderful depth, which is something that has been sadly lacking in recent movies. The subtitles problem on the blu-ray should be fixed by now. I ordered my copy on October 17th, and it had the correct theatrical subtitles. If you want a real vampire movie, you can't go wrong with Let The Right One In. Unless you're one of those weirdos that think Twilight is about vampires. True vampires DO NOT SPARKLE !

Jerome Bixby's The Man from Earth
Jerome Bixby's The Man from Earth
DVD ~ David Lee Smith
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $8.53
42 used & new from $4.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Completey Exilarating !, December 11, 2010
After I watched this movie, I was totally jazzed up. Which is something that has never happened to me after a movie before. Not even with my favourite movies like Jurassic Park or the first Harry Potter movie. No movie has ever made me feel like this one did. The movie really makes you think about things, about what you believe. I don't believe that it could be possible, but it still makes you think about what it would be like if it WERE possible. This is a great movie that even someone who doesn't know the truth of GOD can enjoy.

Cut
Cut
DVD ~ Molly Ringwald
Price: $8.67
31 used & new from $2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, December 11, 2010
This review is from: Cut (DVD)
I saw this on the Sci-Fi channel a while back and for the longest time could only remember the "death" of the villan. When I found out the name of the movie, I picked it up. Sure, it's nowhere near as good as Scream, but it's still a good watch. It was funny seeing Molly Ringwald in a sort of scary movie, as I've been used to seeing her in classic 80s movies like The Breakfast Club and Pretty In Pink. Don't let the bad reviews sway you into not getting this movie. It's a lot of fun. Especially for a rainy day when you don't have anything else to do. The people giving this such horrible reviews are just movie snobs who think that every movie has to have some big meaning or make you think. Those kinds of movies are fine, but sometimes you just have to put on something mindless and relax for a couple of hours and not think about anything.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11