Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for taco*boy > Reviews

Browse

taco*boy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

taco*boy "taco*boy" RSS Feed (Clinton, CT)

Page: 1 | 2
That Evening Sun
That Evening Sun
DVD ~ Hal Holbrook
Offered by Jumpin Joes
Price: $7.61
35 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, May 30, 2015
This review is from: That Evening Sun (DVD)
Just watched this again last night. Great movie and Hal Holbrook is outstanding in this role.

White Mountain Puzzles Pencil Collage - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
White Mountain Puzzles Pencil Collage - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Price: $15.97
39 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good puzzle, May 30, 2015
This is a great puzzle and we finally finished it after having it on a table for months! When it was all finished though, there was one piece missing. Can't tell if it never existed or if it got pushed onto the floor and vacuumed up! This kept me busy for hours and it was a present for a 12 y/o!

G-Project G-BUZZ Portable Alarm Clock FM Radio Speaker and USB Charging & Aux Line In
Offered by Easy Buys Direct
Price: $29.95
4 used & new from $14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK., May 30, 2015
There are too many unclearly labeled buttons on this thing to the point where I always have to look at the instructions on how to do something. It went through this weird phase where it seemed dead - no lights, nothing. Tried multiple outlets, etc. Then one day it just started working again. I got it for my son who has become more accustomed to the buttons than I have, and he seems to like it OK, but I wouldn't buy another one.

ACDelco TCK315 Professional Timing Belt Kit with Tensioner and Idler Pulley
ACDelco TCK315 Professional Timing Belt Kit with Tensioner and Idler Pulley
Price: $93.78
13 used & new from $93.78

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, May 30, 2015
So far, so good in my 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe. Replaced as part of a water pump job and other kits with the pump included are so much more expensive. I got this kit and a Bosch water pump for $100 less than what I would have paid at my local auto parts store.

Bosch 97236 New Water Pump
Bosch 97236 New Water Pump

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a good quality pump, May 30, 2015
This review is from: Bosch 97236 New Water Pump (Misc.)
Worked flawlessly in my 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe. This part, along with the AC Delco timing belt kit cost about $100 less than the complete belt/pump/pulley kit at my local auto parts store.

ViewSonic PJD6544W WXGA 1280x800 DLP Projector with LAN Control, Wired and Wireless LAN Display (Black)
6 used & new from $399.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Nearly worthless, December 31, 2014
Don't buy this if you want to present wirelessly. This is the absolute worst projector I've ever had to deal with. My company bought two of these to use in two different conference rooms. First of all, the "W" suffix at the end of the model name gives you the impression that it will connect wirelessly out of the box. Wrong. For an $800+ projector, you'd think this feature would come standard. You have to spend another $100 for a wireless dongle in order to do that. Since that was my main goal with this whole thing, I focused mainly on that.

After contacting Tech Support through chat, the agent actually had to send me a Word document to explain how to set up the Wifi settings as I could find no documentation about how to do this with the projector or with the dongle. The projector messages are in broken English and make no sense to the user. One of the projectors would not work with the USB port at all with the dongle and it's going back to Viewsonic. The other projector works OK, for what it's designed to do, but out of the box, I noticed a fingerprint smudge on the lens. Not good but to be fair, that could be the reseller's fault, not necessarily Viewsonic's.

There have been several times where I've been in menus and the projector locks up to the point where I have to unplug it. I was able to repeat on two occasions, when resetting the projector to factory defaults, it projecting a blank screen and cycling through all of the colors of the rainbow rapidly. I had to unplug it both times in order to get it to stop. Not something that you want to do especially if the lamp has been on a while and is hot. It will stress it without being cooled.

The image quality seems to be decent. That's the only good thing I can say about this projector. I went with Viewsonic because of their reputation for making good CRT monitors in the past. Now I see that the quality has taken a serious nosedive and I won't be purchasing anything of theirs again.

2013 Wacky Packages All New Series 10 Complete Set 55/55 + Wrapper.
2013 Wacky Packages All New Series 10 Complete Set 55/55 + Wrapper.
Offered by HENRY.R WACKS,PACKS & MORE
Price: $8.00
2 used & new from $8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Still get a good laugh!, December 30, 2014
Just like I remember as a kid! Got these for my son as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. He loves them! The only thing I would change is to eliminate the ones mimicking video games. Back when I remember them, it was strictly household consumer products and food. Still get a good laugh from these though!

Lightahead® LED Peak Due Rotating Mirror Disco Ball with 2 Adjustable LED Light Projector Lamps
Offered by LIGHTAHEAD
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, December 30, 2014
Pretty nice little disco light! Got this as a Christmas present for my 15 y/o daughter to have in her room. It is nice and quiet. Put it to music and it will be really cool! The only thing that would make this even better is if they mounted the LEDs directly into the base and lowered the ball so it would look as if the mirrored ball was creating colored lights all on its own. But that's just me!

LOFTEK® CXS 2200 Wireless/Wired Pan:270° & Tilt:120° Dual Audio Alarm Ip camera,15 Meter Night vision,3.6mm Lens ,67° Viewing Angle, Easy installation. Black.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera for the price, September 30, 2013
OK so I've had this over a year now and for the price, you get a pretty good camera with an OK interface. I was able to set this up so that I can view over the Internet and I also downloaded a free LofTek app for the iPhone which is very basic but gets the job done. The colors are a bit off since I believe it is truly a night vision camera and there is no way to turn off the IR LEDs in software to my knowledge. Sometimes when panning, it goes off on its own and I have to pan the other way to get it to stop. There have been the occasional times where it has needed a hard power down/up to get it back on line but nothing major. All in all, it's a good little camera. The instruction manual was kind of a joke. I actually had to get out my eye loupe to be able to read it. Fortunately, I know enough of how to configure these things so it was not really necessary for me to read it cover to cover in order to get the camera working. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to experiment, keep an eye on the kids or the like. If you want more features and better quality/re;iability, you might want to step it up a notch or two to something a bit better.

Allen Sports Deluxe 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (2-Inch Receiver)
Allen Sports Deluxe 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (2-Inch Receiver)
Offered by Ecom Sales
Price: $132.93
8 used & new from $131.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid rack!, June 4, 2012
This is my first ever bike rack and I bought it mainly because of the combination of low cost and mostly good reviews. I actually searched for and found this rack on Amazon but ended up getting lucky and buying the identical rack from someone on Craigslist brand new in the box for $50. I just set it up yesterday. I was impressed by the steel tube construction and the weight. It went together easily and the instructions were clear (sans for some English errors - maybe they need to proof-read their foreign translators!). I like the fact that this only fits a 2" hitch - no adapters to deal with and no 1 1/4" construction adapted for a 2" hitch. 2" steel all the way!

As with any first-timer, I was of course a little nervous about carrying bikes on the back of my car and tooling on down the road. I own a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe and this hitch slid right into the receiver and the bolt aligned perfectly. I made sure I cranked down the bolt nice and tight. I also tightened all the other bolts as well. I put three bikes on this rack (one 26" and two kids' 20") and I was impressed in how solid it was. No shaking and no swaying. Driving locally at up to about 50MPH was no problem. On my way home, I had traded one of the 20" bikes for a 26". I got ambitious enough to take it on the highway for a short time with some impressive cross-winds. There was a little bit of bike movement but not much. There will always be some. It held the rest of the way home rock solid. I have to admit, I was looking in my rear view mirror about every 5 seconds on the highway but as I got closer to home I wasn't nearly as nervous. I suppose carrying anything that has the potential to come off your car will cause you concern but this rack is built well and I'm very happy with it so far.

The only thing I might feel better about is if the locking pins had hitch pins that go through a hole in the locking pins so they would never fall out. This rack has a securing clip which seems to get the job done though. I think I'll also want to tie the bikes together the next time and tether them to the rack as a "belt and suspenders" attempt at even greater peace of mind. I would highly recommend this rack to anyone on a budget who wants to take their kids for a day of free biking once in a while!

Page: 1 | 2