Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Corey Scott > Reviews

Browse

Corey Scott's Profile

Customer Reviews: 299

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Corey Scott RSS Feed (Rocklin, California, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OXO SteeL Vacuum Wine Saver with Two Stoppers
OXO SteeL Vacuum Wine Saver with Two Stoppers
Price: $14.95
68 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This wine preserver arrived just in the nick of time, as I had a half full wine bottle from the night before sitting on my countertop - with the classic upside-down cork sticking out the top. I pulled the cork, put in the stopper, and gave the pump a few pushes until I felt resistance (which is the time to stop pumping, according to the instructions). I left the bottle on the counter for 5 days, then relieved the vaccuum pressure (just push on the little gray tab for a few seconds) and gave myself a pour. Still tasted great, not much oxidation to speak of. This is a very easy to use product, and a very simple, well-made design that seems like it will last for a long time.

Scotts 18883 AirShoc Titanium Non-Stick Branch Saw
Scotts 18883 AirShoc Titanium Non-Stick Branch Saw
Price: $28.11
2 used & new from $28.11

3.0 out of 5 stars A little flimsy, August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The blade on this saw is great, and the grip is nice and comfortable, but problems arise when you combine the two. The blade is only held in place by a tiny little peg that only barely hols it in place. As a result, the blade wobbles in the handle like crazy, and it feels like it come pop out at any moment (which it hasn't, but it sounds like it has for some other people).

It's funny that they call it a "replaceable blade" - the quality of the handle is so inferior to the blade it's really more like a "replaceable handle", since it's the part more likely to wear out.

phone Halo TrackR Sticker for Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Black
phone Halo TrackR Sticker for Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $24.89
10 used & new from $2.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, August 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, I did not experience the major issues that some other reviewers have noted - my unit does work overall, but has some issues.

The idea is genius. Literally 2 days before this arrived in the mail, I left my laptop bag in a restaurant. Luckily, I called them and they found it for me, but how awesome would it have been to get a phone notification as I'm leaving the restaurant that I forgot my bag! That's what this device does, or at least, usually does. Also, you can make the TrackR beep (fairly quietly, unfortunately) on command, helping you locate your item when you're already near it. Theoretically, you can also track down the GPS location of your item anywhere in the world if you have absolutely no idea where it is (by other TrackR users' phones detecting it when they are nearby), but this functionality did not work for me at all unless I was already in the vicinity.

An obvious downside is that you must leave your phone's bluetooth on 24/7 to get all the benefits from the TrackR, which isn't a problem for people who do that anyways, but I don't, so I don't enjoy the extra battery drain on my phone.

The little keychain attachment is not very well designed. It could. easily become detached from the TrackR if it get's knocked into the right way, which would also likely knock the battery cover (and battery) off the TrackR at the same time. That means if it every got knocked off your keychain (or whatever), it probably also lost it's battery at the same time, so finding it with the app would not be likely.

One last note, this item is primarily advertised as an iPhone device, but it seems to work ok for Android as well (I'm using a Samsung Note 3). I cannot attest to how well it works with iPhones. 5 stars for the idea, 3 stars for the execution.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2014 9:33 AM PDT

SanDisk Extreme PRO-Series Solid State Drive SDSSDXPS-480G-G25 (2.5", SATA Revision 3.0, 6Gb/s 480GB Storage)
Price: $187.75
96 used & new from $164.28

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 stars!, August 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I replaced my standard spinning hard disk in my laptop (Samsung 700Z, Windows 7) with a hybrid (half SSD, half disk) drive about a year ago, and it didn't take long to regret that decision. For some reason it bogged down my computer very badly, even with a fresh Windows installation. My experience might be an isolated one, but I still decided that I was going to wait until a high capacity SSD-only drive was available before my next upgrade. This drive (480GB) is amazingly fast! With a fresh Windows 7 installation and some basic software (Office, Firefox, virus scanner, etc.), my computer is SMOKING fast for the first time since I bought it! From the desktop, I clicked "restart" and started a timer. From clicking restart, to the computer rebooting and loading windows to the desktop with no more "hourglass" mouse cursor, took only 22 seconds! Compare that with 3+ minutes with my old hybrid SSD (with the same software configuration). I don't know how this drive works so much better, it just does. Absolutely worth every penny! If your laptop is starting to get too slow, definitely consider upgrading this drive instead of buying a new computer, you won't regret it!

I will be upgrading my computer to Windows 8.1 in the next few weeks, and also installing a LOT of software, so I will revise my review if anything changes at that point.

Panasonic FV-CSVK1 Whisper Select-Plug and Play Condensation Sensor Module
Panasonic FV-CSVK1 Whisper Select-Plug and Play Condensation Sensor Module
Price: $42.29
20 used & new from $39.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, and so simple!, August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This review is for the condensation sensor. First, you need to make sure that this is compatible with your fan, as it doesn't work with just any fan, it is specifically for several Panasonic models. The idea is amazingly simple: It measures the relative humidity (RH%) and the temperature, and calculates the dew point based on those readings. As the environment approaches the dew point, the fan automatically turns on. Then, as the environment falls outside the dew point, it turns back off. No need to remember to turn on any fans! In practice, it works exactly as it was designed. Such a simple idea, well executed, makes for a great product.

GE Lighting 95394 LED 10-watt 700-Lumen Dimmable 6-Inch Recessed Indoor Flood Downlight with Medium Base and Trim Ring
Offered by Rice Enterprises
Price: $17.94
28 used & new from $12.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice warm-colored floodlight, August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This recessed light specifically says it is for indoor use, but I installed it as a direct replacement for the recessed spotlight in the ceiling of my outdoor patio (there is no way water will get to it). It draws so little power (10 watts), that I just leave it running 24/7. It really makes the house look nice at night! It's quite bright, so it won't work well for you if you're only looking for soft ambient light. I only have 1 location for this light in my patio area, but I'm really thinking about buying a few more of these for my poorly-lit hallway. Easy installation and excellent quality, what more can you ask for?

The Chemistry of Beer: The Science in the Suds
The Chemistry of Beer: The Science in the Suds
by Roger Barth
Price: $34.29
70 used & new from $19.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Even if you already own EVERY other beer book, you still won't be disapppointed!, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you've already read all the other homebrewing books, and you wish you could find a book that dives REALLY deep into the science behind brewing, here's the book for you! It is absolutely unreal how much detail this book goes into. Filled with more diagrams of molecules than you can shake a stick at, this book is absolutely not for beginners (in either chemistry or beer-making)! Do you wonder why your clone beer tastes different than the one from the brewery? Do you wonder why the PH never comes out the way you think it will? These questions and thousands of others are answered here. A perfect addition to my homebrewing book collection!!

Coffee Blenders Relax Single Serve Cups 16 Count
Coffee Blenders Relax Single Serve Cups 16 Count
Offered by CoffeeBlenders
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty!, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not incredibly picky with my coffee, generally my feelings are that I either like it or I don't. Most K-cups, unfortunately, fall into the later category for me. These Escape K-cups are definitely enjoyable, though! As a dark roast, I find it to be a tad bit on the lighter side, but it has a very enjoyable and smooth flavor that makes up for it. My only regret is that the 15-count box didn't have 100 in it!

Samsung Electronics 32GB EVO Micro SDHC with USB 2.0 Reader Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MP32DB/AM)
Offered by maxproductsales
Price: $26.39
2 used & new from $26.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm using this as a memory expansion for my Galaxy Note 3. No performance issues whatsoever, I just popped it in and it works. What else can you ask for? The included card-reader is an added bonus!

Samsung 32GB EVO Class 10 SDHC Card up to 48MB/s (MB-SP32D/AM)
Samsung 32GB EVO Class 10 SDHC Card up to 48MB/s (MB-SP32D/AM)
Price: $10.67
11 used & new from $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent SD card, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Using this SD card in my Canon T3i DSLR camera. The read/write speed is much better than most SD cards I've used, allowing for better rapid-fire photography. No complaints!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20