Profile for scesq > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 983

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

scesq "scesq" RSS Feed (New Milford, New Jersey USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lanard Workman Ultimate Workbench
Lanard Workman Ultimate Workbench
Price: $46.44
2 used & new from $46.44

5.0 out of 5 stars I Wish I Had This When I Was A Child, March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I was young I had a few tools I would play with when my dad was working around the house. I would follow him around and hammer what he just hammered with my plastic hammer. I had a screwdriver and a saw and little more but it was fun. I would have been overjoyed to have this Lanard Workman Ultimate Workbench.

The workbench itself is easy to put together and sturdy. It easily stores the tools that come with it and has room for other items as well.

The tools look realistic even though they are plastic. They seems safe. The plastic seems light so if a child hits himself or herself or someone else with the hammer it will hurt but not hurt that much.

I hit my arm with the hammer and while I felt it, it really did not hurt. I took the pliers and squeezed them on my finger and while it hurt a little I could not get enough pressure to cause any real pain or even to leave a mark. Obviously any toy can hurt someone especially if someone is hit in the face, whether a child or adult, but these seem to be as safe as possible.

As for the tools themselves they are fun to use. The power nailer lights up and makes a sound like a nail being driven into something. The power grinder makes noise and two parts of the grinder spin. The nuts and bolts and screws are also fun to use. It even has a screwdriver which has a straight edge head and a phillips head to use with the nuts and bolts.

The best part of this is seeing how much fun my nephew has when he visits and plays with this. It has given us a chance to do something when he visits and he seems to enjoy visiting since he has something fun with which to play.

Centon Electronics 32GB Memory Card (S1-MSDHU1-32G)
Centon Electronics 32GB Memory Card (S1-MSDHU1-32G)
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great In My Camera, Computer and Tablet, March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This memory card has been working fine for me. I have used this with my digital camera to store photos I have taken and to transfer them to my computer or view them on my tablet. I have also transferred photos and text from my computer to this memory card so I could view them on my tablet.

This transfers photos quickly from my camera to my computer. I can’t say what speed it does it at but it is quick.

The memory card is easy to use with my camera, computer and tablet. I have no problem inserting it and removing it from my camera, computer or tablet. I will primarily be using this in my camera.

This has done everything I have wanted it to do. It looks like an excellent memory card.

Turtle Beach Impact 500 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for PC and Mac (TBS-4810-01)
Turtle Beach Impact 500 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for PC and Mac (TBS-4810-01)
Price: $129.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Computer Games As Well As Typing, March 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This keyboard much more responsive to the touch than other keyboards I have used. It is great for typing quickly as well as for playing games that require use of a keyboard.

The keyboard is smaller than the keyboard that came with my HP computer. The arrow keys are on the right bottom of the keyboard making them easy to access while I am playing a computer game. While smaller, the keyboard is heavier than other keyboards I have used. The added stability helps with game play.

While I like to play computer games I also spend time typing Word and WordPerfect documents. The keys respond much more quickly to the touch than other keyboards I have used. As a result I type faster. The quick response is also important for computer gaming.

This connects to a USB port on a computer as opposed to the keyboard that comes with my computer which has a special port. As a result I can easily switch from one keyboard to the other.

This is great for playing computer games as well as for typing. It is smaller than most keyboards, it is heavier and more stable than other keyboards I have used and the keys respond more quickly to my touch.

InterDesign Ellis Hand Knit Round Bin, Small, Navy/Ivory
InterDesign Ellis Hand Knit Round Bin, Small, Navy/Ivory
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I Have Grown Very Fond Of This, March 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first got my hand knit round bin I was not sure what to think of it. After using it for a few days I have grown very fond of it.

When I first got this it came flat and I had to open it up. It is round but not uniformly round.
When I touch it I can actually shape it. The top part of the bin can be left as is or it can be folded over a bit so the knot loop is hanging outside as in the picture next to the product description.

The hand knit polypropylene is fairly thick. It has a warm and comforting look to it. It looks like something your grandmother or aunt would knit for you.

I looked up polypropylene and it is a thermoplastic polymer. This hand knit round bin looks much better than a solid plastic bin. This looks like it was made of some nice fabric rather than a thermoplastic polymer.

It holds a good amount of stuff. Because it can be shaped a bit, as opposed to being perfectly round, it holds irregular sized items that would not fit well in a solid round bin.

The colors are nice. The navy and ivory go well together and fit well in most rooms.

This is something that I don’t need but I am really glad it have it. It adds to the look of my living room and stores stuff as well. I have put my television remote control, keys and small books as well as dvd’s and cd’s in this. All fit fine and look good in it.

I really have grown fond of this. It belongs in my house.

Irish Spring Signature Hydrating Bar Soap, 6oz, 3 Count
Irish Spring Signature Hydrating Bar Soap, 6oz, 3 Count
Price: $3.97
6 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is Kind To My Skin And Cleans Well, March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This soap feels softer than most bars of soap I have used. It smells nice and cleans nicely and has a nice lather.

While these soap bars look like regular bars of soap they feel softer than others I have used. Maybe this is because of the shea butter in the soap. I like the feel of the soap against my skin. I could see how these would hydrate my skin.

The soap lathers well and cleans well. I used the soap after cleaning my kitchen. My hands had dirt and grease on them. The soap did a good job removing the dirt and grease.

The soap also has the classic Irish Spring smell that remains subtly on my skin. I notice it but it is very subtle.

I like the size of these bars. They will last.

This has quickly become my favorite soap to use when I shower or when I need to wash my hands and face in the bathroom. It is kind to my skin, cleans well and has a nice smell.

Hoover A-Micro Filtration Bag, 12 Bags Treated with Ultra-Fresh for Models 4010100A, 4010001A and AH10135
Price: $8.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Install And Remove, March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are only a few things I look for in a vacuum filtration bag. I want a bag that is easy to remove without getting dust and dirt all over me. I want a bag that is easy to install. I want a bag that will stay in place once installed and that will not allow dust or dirt to escape from it. This fits all these criteria.

The bags have a cardboard seal and perforated bag material that fits over the opening in my vacuum. This is similar to other filtration bags I have used. It allows for the bag to be removed and installed without any dirt and dust to coming out of a filled bag. Once removed the bag can easily be disposed of in the garbage.

Once installed the bag holds firm. I did not see any dirt or dust escaping from the bag. I have never noticed any odor issues when removing these filtrations bags from my vacuum so I the ultra-fresh finish in the bag seems to work.

These bags work well and get the job done.

BOOMco. Dynamag Blaster
BOOMco. Dynamag Blaster
Price: $12.00
4 used & new from $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun And Safe Way To Take Target Practice, March 14, 2015
This review is from: BOOMco. Dynamag Blaster (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to admit while I like using this with my nephew I also like using this myself. The Blaster is a fun safe toy.

The darts look like small straws with a rubber cap on them. The cap allows the darts to stick to a BOOMco. target which is included.

There are six darts which go into the clip. In order to fire the Blaster the clip needs to be inserted into the clip holder at the front of the Blaster. This was a little tricky at first because if it is not inserted correctly the darts won’t fire but after a few tries it was easy to do.

The blue section on the back of the gun needs to be pulled back in order to fire the gun. When you press the trigger the blue section moves forward and the dart is fired with a loud bang. The darts do come out with a good amount of force.

The darts stick to the target that came with this. It would have been nice to have a bigger target.

This is a fun toy for children as well as adults. I have to admit I like taking target practice with this myself.

Avery Tri-Fold Brochure with Tear - Away Cards, 50 Brochures (16152)
Avery Tri-Fold Brochure with Tear - Away Cards, 50 Brochures (16152)
Offered by Benos Company
Price: $6.44
39 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quick And Easy Way To Make Tri-Fold Brochures With Tear Away Cards, March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are easy to create tri-fold brochures with tear away cards for laser printers that are on nice glossy paper. There are 67 designs on the Avery website that can be used for the brochures when the tear away cards are on the side of the brochure and 24 when the tear away cards are on the bottom of the brochure.

The glossy paper looks nice and will stand out. The combination of color from a laser printer on the while glossy paper makes for very good looking brochures.

These come with scores or indentations along the page that can be barely seen. If you choose to use the brochure as a single page document these scores are not really noticeable. If you want to fold the brochure they make it easy to turn them into a tri-fold brochure. The four detachable cards are easy to remove.

These are easy to create thanks to the Avery Design and Print Online page. These are also easy to print.

This is a quick and easy way to make tri-fold brochures with tear away cards on a home or office printer.

It's Not About Perfect: Competing for My Country and Fighting for My Life
It's Not About Perfect: Competing for My Country and Fighting for My Life
by Shannon Miller
Price: $19.25

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Memoir Of The Career Of The Most Decorated Gymnast In American History, March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a book about Shannon Miller as well as what it takes to do well in competitive gymnastics and to a lesser degree life. I found the main emphasis of this book to be about Shannon Miller’s ability to overcome sports injury and win Seven Olympic Medals with a much smaller focus on her battle with ovarian cancer.

For me this is mostly a memoir about an Olympic gold metal winning gymnast. I learned about how she became involved in gymnastics and how her career grew to the point where she had a future that included the Olympics. She has overcome a lot to win seven gold medals including an injury that a doctor thought was so series that she should retire.

I like the Shannon Miller who is presented in this book. She seems like a great person. I also found it fascinating seeing what Olympic athletes and especially gymnasts have to overcome to make it to the games. I will appreciate these athletes even more when I watch the next Summer Olympics.

Yet I wish this book addressed more about Shannon Miller’s battle with Ovarian cancer which is a battle I watched my mom face. The prologue of the book, which is four pages long, starts with Shannon’s doctor giving telling that she has a cyst on her ovary. Yet her battle and victory over the cancer and the birth of her daughter after her ovary was removed is only covered in the last 40 or so pages of the book.

The prologue also addresses eight life lessons that have served Shannon well. I wish she addressed these lessons more in the book.

I enjoyed this book. It works as a memoir of the career of the most decorated gymnast in American history. Yet, I wished more of the book was spent talking about Shannon’s battle with Ovarian cancer and the life lessons that have influenced her. For this reason I gave it four stars.

Avery Door Hanger with Tear-Away Cards, Matte White, 4.25 x 11 inches, Pack of 80 (16150)
Price: $8.45
31 used & new from $3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking Door Hangers That Are Easy To Make, March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This comes with eighty door hangers with two tear-away cards on each hanger. The paper has a moderate thickness.

The Avery website has 29 designs for the door hangers and tear-away cards for single sided door hangers and 74 designs if you want to make double sided door hangers. The instructions that come with this, and the Avery wedsite, do a good job on explaining single and two sided printing. I think two sided printing looks much better than single sided printing. It is also easy to create very nice designs.

These hold onto doors easily. These are large enough to be noticed. They look good for something created on a home computer.

These are a good choice if you want to create your own door hangers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20