Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM
Profile for S Cal > Reviews

Browse

S Cal's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S Cal RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Pilot
Pilot
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Premise is good, characters are 2 dimensional, March 6, 2014
This review is from: The After (Amazon Video)
I like the premise and the mystery enough. This is really a 2.5 star review but I'm trying to bump up the score in order for it to be picked up by Amazon. It's not that novel of a premise other than the link between the characters and the ending "thing." If this becomes a one-two season anthology wherein the mystery is solved (eg, American Horror Story) it has strong promise. Otherwise, it could drag on with little point and fillers much like many of the dramas that have since followed Lost (and arguably including Lost). It would be better if the characters were more complex rather than stereotypical caricatures.

Hot Glove Ball Bucket with 40 Optic Yellow Practice Baseballs (Colors May Vary)
Hot Glove Ball Bucket with 40 Optic Yellow Practice Baseballs (Colors May Vary)
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, good value, February 24, 2014
This delivers exactly as expected and is good for practice. My young son was always afraid of getting hit so this helped him get used to batting practice even if it's not a real ball. It travels pretty well in pitching for plastic and doesn't hurt too much if my son whacks it at me on a good swing. It can fly pretty far though so if you practice in a smallish backyard, you may be visiting your neighbors to retrieve balls often.

GoodNites Youth Pants for Boys, L\XL, 30 Count
GoodNites Youth Pants for Boys, L\XL, 30 Count
Offered by Box O' Mart
Price: $34.69
2 used & new from $34.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaks for older kids, February 24, 2014
I bought this for an older boy who is still having night time issues and it still leaks. Regular diapers don't do it and I was hoping this would be the miracle cure for nights when I forget to wake him up to go potty at midnight. It isn't. He still creates enough fluids that this doesn't hold it all. Again, maybe I need to modify my expectations but based on the reviews and description, I thought this would hold more.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, February 24, 2014
I was nervous about buying clothing online but it fit very well as described. It's very comfortable and was fairly warm when paired with another sweater in sub-zero temps. I've only had it for 2 months but I definitely think it's worth the price paid for and then some. Probably the best value for a $ of a jacket I've ever purchased.

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
Price: Click here to see our price
101 used & new from $129.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, December 18, 2013
I'm not a techie so I can't say I bought this for the bells and whistles. I did want the dual band functionality and bought it primarily because it afforded me future flexibility and an increase in range because I live in a larger house with a lot of walls.

Pros - it was easy to set up and I appreciate the parental controls set up at the router stage rather than on each device. It also was an improvement over my old linksys router that I bought 2 years ago with respect to range.

Cons - This router is actually slower for whatever reason than my old one. I sometimes am loading some simple web page and it will take forever to load. I can't pinpoint why it happens and it's not related to the distance away from the router. I've tried the trouble shooting steps but I still have the problem on a fairly frequent basis. It's not super annoying but for this amount of money, it should be an improvement over 2 year old technology.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2013 3:46 PM PST

LEGO Star Wars Death Star (10188)
LEGO Star Wars Death Star (10188)
198 used & new from $549.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing - a LOT of pieces, December 18, 2013
I'm pretty disappointed but my set is missing a lot of pieces - at least 60 + 1 mini-fig by my last count and I've stopped counting. I think I got some sort of refurbished set although that was never indicated when I bought the set and I paid full price at $400. I bought this for some bonding time with my 7 year old son to make up for working a lot lately and even took off a day of work to build this with him. The set is massive and includes 4 boxes and 7 groups of bags (ie, multiple bags in each group). We were about 3 days into building when we got to bag groups 5 & 6 where I think most of the missing pieces are. The majority of bags have numbers on them to help with the building but about 4-5 of the bags had no numbers or markings on them. I thought that was odd but kept building. About mid-way through, we started noticing a few missing pieces here and there and thought, when you have 3800 pieces, that's bound to happen. So we took pieces from my son's other other Lego sets to fill in. After a while, it became too much and it was obvious that we were missing a lot of pieces, including unique pieces that we can't swap from other sets. I spent about 3 hours last night just cataloging missing pieces so I could order them from Lego's replacement service but gave up because it was too time consuming and I was very irritated.

So I tried to contact Lego this morning, but got a message that they won't accept emails until Dec. 24 and they won't take phone calls for an indefinite amount of time. In the mean time, I'm incredibly frustrated and my son is despondent because he was so looking forward to playing with the set. Some might say, just return it and get a new set. However, we've been building this set for the better parts of 3 days - including a day I took off from work - so getting a new set will not make up for the sweat equity built into what we already have put in.

If we had all of the pieces, I think this would be a wonderful set and totally worth the price. It's been fun building until this FUBAR and the set seems very well thought through. However, for $400 and the response from customer service, I feel incredibly dissatisfied and gypped. This has been my first bad experience with Lego and given my son certainly has over $1500 worth of legos (he literally has every single hero factory and about half of the star wars sets), I'm feeling this will be the last one I buy for him at least.

CrazyOnDigital 18 Items Accessories Case Charger Screen for Apple iPad 2, iPad 2G - 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 3G, Wi-Fi (iPad2_18Items_bundle)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap products . . . but lots of it., August 3, 2011
You get what you pay for. I bought it primarily for the charger. As others have said, it doesn't charge very fast - in my experience about 1/2-1/3 as slow as the normal ipad charger. And then it died within 6 weeks of purchase. All the other products received were pretty cheap. The faux leather case looked very very fake. I give it 2 stars because it includes so much other products, some of which I've actually used. I just don't know how long they'll last.

Kidde FA110 Multi Purpose Fire Extinguisher 1A10BC, 1 Pack
Kidde FA110 Multi Purpose Fire Extinguisher 1A10BC, 1 Pack
Price: $19.98
3 used & new from $19.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Damaged Delivery, April 18, 2011
Hard to say how well the product works because I got it delivered and the box was damaged pretty badly. The indicator also showed that it was only about 70% full. Fortunately, Amazon gave me a refund and didn't even require me to send it back (I believe because of some mailing restrictions re shipping hazmat). So basically 1 star for the product and 4 for Amazon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2011 9:24 AM PDT

Cisco-Linksys E3000 Wireless-N Router
Cisco-Linksys E3000 Wireless-N Router
Offered by DOCSIS Networks
Price: $119.49
33 used & new from $15.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for non-techie but limited range despite claim otherwise, January 13, 2011
I've had this for 4 months and it's been perfect. Very easy to set up and I've had no complaints about performance. I don't really use too much by way of its software features except I did set up a guest access which is mostly fine although sometimes my internet devises confuses the main access with the guest access requiring me to reenter passwords. My only complaint is range isn't as cracked up as I was lead to believe given this was supposed to be one of Linksys' top of the line devices. I live in a big house and if I'd on the edges of the house or edges of yard, I can't get a signal or it's really weak. The reps at BB told me I wouldn't have any problems when I described the layout.

TRENDnet 8-Port Unmanaged 10/100 Mbps GREENnet Ethernet Desktop Plastic Housing Switch,TE100-S8
Price: Click here to see our price
97 used & new from $3.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and easy to use, January 13, 2011
I am no techie by any stretch of the imagination. I've used this to network different usb products as well as different rooms in the houses (prior owner created connections for every room in the house - pre wireless) and it works great. I've had zero problems and it was very easy to set up - plug and use.

Page: 1 | 2