Industrial-Sized Deals BOTMKT15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums See All Deals Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Ian_Dury_Fan > Reviews

Browse

Ian_Dury_Fan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ian_Dury_Fan RSS Feed (Olympia, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Poolmaster 32161 1-1/2" x 200' Backwash Hose - Basic Collection
Poolmaster 32161 1-1/2" x 200' Backwash Hose - Basic Collection
Price: $40.72
7 used & new from $29.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this. It's too thin, gets holes, doesn't last long., February 9, 2014
I wanted about 100 feet of hose, so this seemed like a bargain to get 200 feet, just in case it had a problem. I cut it in half and used it twice. The third time I found a hole about 75 feet along, so I had to throw that away and use the other half. After two uses, there is a hole about five feet from the end, which causes the hose to move around under pressure.

They don't list how thick it is, but it is definitely thinner than the hose that my local pool company stocks. I am now have to buy hose again, but will make sure that it's thicker than this brand.

WD Red 1TB NAS Hard Drive: 1 to 8-bay RAID Hard Drive: 3.5-inch SATA 6 Gb/s, IntelliPower, 64MB Cache WD10EFRX
Price: $64.99
94 used & new from $48.03

5.0 out of 5 stars These drives run cool., December 14, 2013
These drives run significantly cooler than the drives that originally came with my Buffalo NAS unit. Since these drives have a rating of 1 million hours mean time between failure (114 years), I bought two and replaced both the bad drive and the good one.

Deglon 2-Inch Finger Guard Digiclass, Stainless Steel
Deglon 2-Inch Finger Guard Digiclass, Stainless Steel
Price: $16.31
5 used & new from $12.98

4.0 out of 5 stars protects my fingernails when shredding rotisserie chicken, May 2, 2013
We buy a lot of the rotisserie chicken and shred it for meals. I use a serrated knife to shred and go as fast as I can because it takes so long. I almost always scrape my fingernails. They take a long time to recover.

I thought that a guard would be the perfect protection. I picked this one because it's made in France and has a warranty. It's a little unwieldy to use, but does a bang up job holding the chicken pieces in place and taking the knife scrapes. I don't use it for anything else because I'm much more careful cutting vegetables and meat.

New Balance Men's MW928 Walking Shoe,Brown,10.5 B US
New Balance Men's MW928 Walking Shoe,Brown,10.5 B US
Price: $124.95
4 used & new from $124.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Feel OK when on, but seem to cause blisters, February 9, 2013
I saw these were recommended by the Virginia Mason Medical Center Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Department, so I thought that I'd try them.

Without breaking them in, I took these on a trip and wore them all day for a week. I had no problem breaking them in. They were a bit stiff the first three days, but never caused me any pain or blisters and my legs felt great. On the fourth day, I could tell they were starting to shape to my feet. My wife thinks that they look old and clunky (like dead pig's noses?), but they are comfortable enough and my legs feel fine wearing them.

In the last week, I've found two problems:
1. I came home with very wet socks after walking in the rain, so they are not waterproof like the Rockport World Tour shoes that I've worn for years. After they dried, they squeaked for a while.
2. I notice that after I walk for an hour straight, after I take them off and wear just socks, I can feel hotspots (early blister signs) on the balls of my feet. I don't have this problem if I break up the walk into 15 minute chunks throughout the day.

The return window expired before this happened, so I'm stuck with them. I won't buy these again.

Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner BD-RE/8x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive (Black)
Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner BD-RE/8x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive (Black)
Offered by PC-mart
Price: $49.99
11 used & new from $43.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Rips quick, replaces Dell OEM drive, February 9, 2013
Pretty easy to install--getting the faceplate off without breaking the tabs was the hardest part. Rips CDs much faster than my old (failing) drive. Fits a Dell XPS L501X.

Tech Armor Apple New iPod Touch (5th / Latest Generation) Anti-Glare and Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-Pack]
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit; easy to install, November 2, 2012
Nice quality product. It fits well on the iPod Touch 5. The included card got rid of the air bubbles. It installed quickly, though it took some effort to get the front off since tab 2 tore instead of peeling easily. The skin I put on works well with this protector, since it is the proper width.

Don't use an iPhone 5 screen protector like I originally did. The hole for the camera didn't line up and it was too wide.

Garmin 010-11273-00 Carrying Case
Garmin 010-11273-00 Carrying Case
Price: $26.43
3 used & new from $22.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Just big enough to hold everything., July 7, 2012
We looked at many different cases and they seemed to be too large or too weird. We also bought a friction mount (bean bag) dash mount holder and it fits in it, too. Since there was no protection for the GPS unit, we got a neoprene case for it. We put the DC power adapter in the larger zipped side pocket and the USB cord in the smaller one. We rented a car and just stuffed everything in the center console when we weren't using it. The dual handles are nice.

Imagination Fact Or Crap Board Game
Imagination Fact Or Crap Board Game
Offered by Bargain Begins
Price: $14.70
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to play; requires no special knowledge, May 14, 2012
The game is easy to play: you read what is written on the card and the other people put down a Fact or a Crap voting card (face down, of course). Those who are correct take a token; those who are wrong pay a token. The first person to put down their vote card takes or pays two tokens. If you don't know the answer (which is likely), you just guess. You play until all the tokens in the center are gone. It is a great game for all ages. My mother-in-law asked to play it on Mother's day (she's in her upper-70s). Our son is college age and will play it with us when our friends are over or with his friends.

Smart Ass
Smart Ass
Price: $14.82
97 used & new from $4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone laughs so hard, they go home wore out., May 14, 2012
This review is from: Smart Ass (Toy)
The game is a great mix of trivia questions, so that both young and older adults have a chance to answer. We get a lot of laughs out of the game and inventing "ass" words to go the game: "slow ass", "drag ass", "zip ass" and so on. Our son is college age and his friends have a great time with the game. Our friends enjoy it a lot, also. Sometimes the reader is laughing so hard, they can't read properly. This is one of those games where winning isn't important, it just means that it's time to start a new game.

Night Court: Season 4 (4 Disc)
Night Court: Season 4 (4 Disc)
DVD ~ Harry Anderson
Price: $27.49
19 used & new from $27.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, but OK, May 14, 2012
The shows are wavy in the background--like smoke or a mirage. It can be distracting and other times I can ignore it. I wanted the shows badly enough, but it seems like creating these on demand led to poor quality.

Page: 1 | 2