Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for M. M. > Reviews

Browse

M. M.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 198

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. M. "inquisitive designer" RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
FPT Womens Cropped Denim Vest LIGHT WASH SMALL
FPT Womens Cropped Denim Vest LIGHT WASH SMALL
Offered by FifthParallelThreads
Price: $41.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, runs true to size, April 22, 2016
I'm 5'4", 112 lb, 32A-26-32, solidly a size XS/2 in women's clothes at most major retailers, and the size Small in this vest was just a bit too big for what I wanted. So I'd say it fits true to size. I wanted a cute, cropped, tiny vest, purely for decorative (not functional) purposes, that would stay open in the front to show the shirt underneath. This vest in a Small covered my torso completely and had plenty of extra material to be buttoned shut -- it wouldn't stay open and let my shirt peek through. I ordered the vest in the Light Wash, and the color was exactly as pictured. Really nice quality, too. However, I had to return it because I would have needed an XS for the look I wanted.

Yougao Women's V Neck A-Line Knee Length Chiffon Evening Party Dresses
Yougao Women's V Neck A-Line Knee Length Chiffon Evening Party Dresses
Price: $39.99 - $59.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for small-chested gals, April 19, 2016
This dress is a bizarre combination of being simultaneously too small and too large. Based on other reviews, I knew to order at least two sizes larger than I normally wear. I'm 5'4", 112 lb, 32A-26-32, solidly a size XS/2 in women's clothes at most major retailers, and I bought this dress in a size 6. I ordered three different colors, and while all three colors were true to the stock photos, all three dresses fit me really poorly.

I'm not sure what kind of dressform the designers/manufacturers are using for the measurements of this dress, but it's made for someone who has a very tiny waist but a huge chest, kind of like Barbie proportions. If you're small-chested like me, don't bother ordering this dress -- it will only be a waste of your time. The size 6 fit me well enough in the waist and hips, but I would have needed to be *at least* a DD/E cup (or larger) to fill out the top.

Additionally, this dress has a strange, pre-shaped/molded "bodice" under the chest area that gives the dress a stiff, armored feeling, like a really padded bra. That's why the chest is so huge: the molded bodice is one size, with no stretch or give. This is a dress that YOU must adjust your body to fit; it's not a dress that will stretch or adjust to fit your body.

The front appliqué is pretty, but the fabric of this dress is kind of cheap. I don't think it's worth fifty dollars. Maybe twenty bucks, sure, if it fits you.

Markings by C.R. Gibson Brown Italian Leatherette Padfolio (MLLP-12086AZ)
Markings by C.R. Gibson Brown Italian Leatherette Padfolio (MLLP-12086AZ)
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great padfolio marred by huge barcode sticker, April 8, 2016
I ordered this padfolio in brown with the magnetic closure tab to hold my script for officiating weddings and other ceremonies. It's a beautiful color, and I was very pleased to see that this particular model is made of polyurethane and not actual leather. This padfolio is lightweight and easy to hold open with a single hand -- a must for my needs. The magnetic closure tab is brilliant; it works well and won't accidentally snag your clothes like velcro does.

The reason I'm giving this padfolio three stars and not five is that the manufacturer has placed a huge barcode sticker directly on the leatherette, and the the sticker won't peel off cleanly. (See the first attached photo.) I'm going to try spraying Goo Gone on the sticker remnant to see if it will come off, and hopefully it won't ruin the beautiful color of the leatherette.

Given the situations in which people will be using this item -- job interviews, and in my case, officiating ceremonies -- the padfolio needs to have a clean look on both sides. I consider it to be a huge and unfortunate oversight by the manufacturer that they placed the sticker directly on the leatherette and that it uses an adhesive that doesn't quickly and cleanly peel off. If it weren't for the sticker, I would be delighted with this padfolio.

**Update** I used Goo Gone to remove the sticker remnant, and it worked fine and thankfully did not ruin the leatherette. It took 24 hours for the Goo Gone to fully dry and disappear (see photos).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Women's Knee Length Waffle Weave Kimono Bathrobe
Women's Knee Length Waffle Weave Kimono Bathrobe
Offered by RobeNTowels
Price: $11.99 - $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect lightweight robe - excellent on petite frames, too, April 8, 2016
I really like this robe; it's exactly what I was looking for. The fabric is stiff when you take it out of the package but softens up nicely once washed. The waffle weave is on the thinner side, but that's fine with me because it keeps the robe lightweight and breathable. It isn't super thick like the robes you would wear at a spa. I got it in white, which is just slightly see-through.

I'm fairly petite at 5'4", 110 lb, solidly a size XS/2 in women's clothes at most major retailers. Straight out of the package, this robe looked enormous and pretty silly on me. It came down to my knees and was gigantic all over. But, I took a chance (since the robe is so inexpensive) and washed/dried it on high heat, and it shrunk a little, softened up, and is now pretty much perfect. It's still quite roomy, but I like my robes on the larger side with overlap around the front. After shrinking in the dryer, it now hits at about an inch above my knees. I like it so much that I'm tempted to buy it again in another color!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2016 8:36 PM PDT

MBJ WJC1007 Womens Lightweight Quilted Puffer Zip Up Jacket S MINT
MBJ WJC1007 Womens Lightweight Quilted Puffer Zip Up Jacket S MINT
Offered by MADE BY JOHNNY
Price: $35.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Mint puffer jacket is SUPER cute but runs large, April 7, 2016
It seems that all the different styles of jackets listed on this page fit differently, which is a shame because that makes it unnecessarily confusing to try and figure out which size to get! :(

I ordered the Quilted Puffer Zip-Up Jacket in Mint -- this one: "WJC1007_MINT" -- and it definitely fits big, even in my normal women's clothing size. For reference, I'm 5'4", 110 lb, 32A-26-32. I'm a solid XS/2 in women's clothes at most major retailers. Heeding the advice of the majority of reviewers, I ordered one size up and tried the Small in this jacket first (waaaay too big). I exchanged it for an XS, but that was still too big. The weird thing was that, even the XS, this jacket had a TON of fabric across the back, so much so that it puckered out even when I was simply standing straight with my arms at my sides. I think this jacket would work better on someone with broader shoulders or more of an hourglass figure on top than I have. I'm super bummed because I *loved* the mint color and the gold metal accents, and the jacket seemed lightweight yet warmer than a standard cotton utility jacket. Back it goes :(

My Michelle Junior's Sleeveless Piped Seam Sheath Dress, Navy, 5
My Michelle Junior's Sleeveless Piped Seam Sheath Dress, Navy, 5
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, flattering seams, but big in the top, April 7, 2016
This dress is surprisingly nice quality and would suit a variety of occasions -- work, date night, company dinner, etc. It's both professional (because of the neckline and hem length) and a little bit sexy (because of the piped seams and figure-hugging fit). The material is thick, substantial, and stretchy. There's a liner that comes down to the hip area -- not sure why it doesn't extend lower, but whatevs. The piped seams on this dress are really flattering and give you an hourglass figure, even if (like me) you don't have one, lol. I'm 5'4", 110 lb, 32A-26-32, solidly a size XS/2 in women's clothes at most major retailers, and I bought this dress in a size 5. So, overall, I'd say it runs slightly small. The size 5 fit me perfectly in the waist, hips, and thighs, and the length was great on me; but unfortunately, it was too big in the top. Sadly, I had to return this dress because I don't feel like shelling out the money to get it tailored, although I was sorely tempted to. If it had fit in the top, I would have kept it in a heartbeat!

Women Skinny Jean in Colors (5, Mint)
Women Skinny Jean in Colors (5, Mint)
Offered by Exocet jeans

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, stretchy, pearlescent jeans - not shiny or trashy, April 7, 2016
I'm 5'4", 112 lb, 32-26-32, solidly a size XS/2 in women's clothes at most major retailers, and these jeans fit me perfectly in a size 5. They're obviously juniors' sizes, so I'd recommend ordering at least one size larger than you normally wear.

These jeans are extremely stretchy and very flattering. The front pockets are fake, as with most skinny jeans. I was concerned, though, about the fabric because the photos make it look like a glossy satin material that you'd really only wear in a nightclub. But, I was pleased to discover that the fabric is a stretchy cotton with a slight pearlescent sheen to it, what Macy's or the Gap would call "sateen." The photos make the fabric look trashy, but in person, it's not at all. I ordered these jeans in Mint, and the color is true to the photo -- very cute for spring!

**Update** I liked these jeans so much that I came back and ordered them in Coral and Royal Blue, too. All three colors are very stretchy and have a consistent fit. The Royal Blue jeans are quite a bit shinier than the Mint and Coral ones, but based on how the latter two have washed, I'm thinking the Royal Blue ones will lose some of their sheen once washed (fingers crossed).

The top edge of the back pockets wrinkle over when these jeans are washed, so they need a quick steam or iron to get flattened back out. Otherwise, I've found no problems with these pants and really like all three colors I ordered.

makeitmint Women's Zip Up Military Anorak Jacket w/ Pockets Small Navy
makeitmint Women's Zip Up Military Anorak Jacket w/ Pockets Small Navy
Offered by makeitmint
Price: $29.49
2 used & new from $23.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute jacket, great fit, April 7, 2016
This jacket is really cute. I'm 5'4", 110 lb, 32-26-32, solidly a size XS/2 in women's sizes at most major retailers, and the Small fits perfectly in this jacket. The hardware is matte brass (as opposed to bright/shiny gold or silver). The jacket doesn't have a liner, but that's okay -- I only wanted a thin cotton utility-style jacket to wear over shirts in the mornings and evenings. The dye in this jacket bled a little onto my fingers and nails as I was trying it on; so if you get this jacket in navy, make sure to wash it before you wear it.

Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100, 5 attachments, QG3330
Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100, 5 attachments, QG3330
Price: $18.97
34 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for bikini area, December 31, 2015
Works great for bikini area -- very safe with guard attached, excellent variety of trim lengths. Charges quickly and holds a charge for a long time. I like that it is rechargeable instead of needing AA batteries constantly replaced.

This is a much better product than the "women's" version, which an inferior trimmer that's magically supposed to appeal to us ladies because of its colors. (Marketing exec: "Well, this bikini trimmer is a total POS, but TEH LAYDEEZ won't care because it's pink and purple!" Yeah, no.) Spare yourself and just get this one instead.

Like all trimmers, this one is kind of loud. You wouldn't be able to use it in the same room as someone who was sleeping, and anyone in the adjacent room(s) will be able to hear it. So, it's not for "discreet" trimming, lol.

The only thing this trimmer is lacking is a bag or pouch to hold everything together. However, a ziplock or really any small bag will do.

Culinary Elements Plastic Banana Holder Fruit Stand to Prevent Brusing and Maintain Texture, 3-pack
Offered by 10 Dollar Wholesale
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for holding headphones and bananas alike, December 31, 2015
I ordered a set of three of these banana holders: two to be used as headphone stands (my man and I each have a set of Sennheiser 598s), and one for holding actual bananas in the kitchen. These stands are sturdy and work great for both purposes. They also look awesome not only in our kitchen but in our home office as well, where we do the majority of our gaming.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20