Profile for Barbara > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Barbara RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA United States)

What Is a Palestinian State Worth?
What Is a Palestinian State Worth?
by Sari Nusseibeh
34 used & new from $3.56

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, wise book!, May 23, 2011
I highly recommend this short, wise book about the Palestinian problems! For someone like me, who is not familiar with the complexities there, it's a great introduction. And, it's balanced and wise, not the usual extreme political arguments.

Furnishing Forward : A Practical Guide to Furnishing for a Lifetime
Furnishing Forward : A Practical Guide to Furnishing for a Lifetime
by Sheila Bridges
10 used & new from $13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Real Life Stories and Pictures, August 9, 2006
I really enjoyed this book! I found it very helpful to hear other people's stories about how their lives and their homes "grow together". The pictures were of rooms that I could easily see myself living in -- very "real", not too high-brow.

I enjoyed thinking about how I'd design my own home, once I leave my studio-apartment-of-many-years, and get my long-dreamed of condo!

Barbara

Simple Isn't Easy: How to Find Your Personal Style and Look Fantastic Every Day!
by Amy Fine Collins
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
40 used & new from $21.97

5.0 out of 5 stars The best fashion book I've found!, August 9, 2006
This little book is the absolute best fashion book I've found, and I've looked at alot of them. This book helped me, a non-fashion type person, figure out what I look good in and redo my wardrobe. Now, I only see clothes I use and like in my closet, and I have plenty of clothes! Pretty great news for a non-fashion, short and not slim person! :)

Barbara

The Meaning of Shakespeare, Volume 1 (Phoenix Books)
The Meaning of Shakespeare, Volume 1 (Phoenix Books)
by Harold C. Goddard
Price: $23.75
67 used & new from $2.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book on Shakespeare for Novices, August 9, 2006
I don't know much about Shakespeare, but I know great writing when I read it. This book is an absolute pleasure to read (with volume 2). The author has great insight into human nature and brings his insights to his understanding of Shakespeare. The book makes me want to dive into Shakespeare myself!

Dolls for the Princesses: The Story of France and Marianne
Dolls for the Princesses: The Story of France and Marianne
by Faith Eaton
28 used & new from $16.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Photos of Unique Collection, August 9, 2006
This book has stunning pictures of this whole unique doll clothes collection. Beautiful book to enjoy looking through. Has interest especially for fashion history from the 1920-1930s France.

Closet Smarts: Flatter Your Figure with the Clothes You Already Have
Closet Smarts: Flatter Your Figure with the Clothes You Already Have
by Emily Neill
96 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, July 28, 2006
The many, many real-life before-and-after pictures are very helpful! The real women models are inspiring. I found this book to be extremely helpful!!