Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for b33g33 > Reviews

Browse

b33g33's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

b33g33 RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

Page: 1 | 2
Cooks Standard NC-00348 Stainless Steel Sauce Pan with Cover, 1.5-Quart
Cooks Standard NC-00348 Stainless Steel Sauce Pan with Cover, 1.5-Quart
Price: $25.35
13 used & new from $22.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Handle will burn your hands, August 12, 2015
Amazon reviewers and rating system failed me for the first time. I've used the system and some common sense to make good purchasing decisions over the last decade or so and never has a 4.5 star product disappointed so much. The pot looks ok and the construction is what you would expect from something in the price range. It is massively inferior to the competition like Calphalon and All-clad in terms of performance and safety. I have a full set of Calphalon cookware but needed a smaller pot for sauces and such and this seemed like a good choice from a price performance perspective. Unfortunately, the pot heats unevenly and the supposedly designed-to-be-cool handle seems to do the opposite. We tried boiling some water for some hardboiled eggs and promptly burned our hands as we took the pot off the stove. Even using it with our silicon oven mitts is uncomfortably warm. DO NOT buy if you have kids in the house. The handle design is terrible.

Volts 6ft Lightning Cable to USB [Apple MFi Certified] Charger w/ Ultra Compact Connector Head for Apple iPhone 6 / 6s / 6 plus, iPod, iPad & more
Offered by Volts Solutions
Price: $11.97 - $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 12, 2015
Best lightning cables I've ever bought including the Apple versions. Superb build quality and simply outstanding for travel.

The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury
The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, January 3, 2015
Just as good add they were 25 years ago, these comics capture the poignancy and nostalgia of childhood better than any have managed to before or since.

The kindle version is a worthy addition to the paper collection. I should know, I'm looking at a giant stack as I write this!

Passport to Adventure: Trekking in Nepal
Passport to Adventure: Trekking in Nepal
DVD
Price: $11.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped watching after the 5th "Sponsored by ...." commercial, October 9, 2014
Stopped watching after the 5th "Sponsored by ...." commercial at the start. There's a reason I canceled my cable TV subscription 5 years ago.

2016 Obama's America
2016 Obama's America
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Fox news makes a movie, October 15, 2012
I didn't know that Fox new sponsored movies. You can watch this nonsense or you could watch Fox News for free. Guaranteed to reinforce everything you already believe and make money for someone trying to make it into the 1% circle.

STM Opera Case for iPhone 5/5S - Black (322-018D-01)
STM Opera Case for iPhone 5/5S - Black (322-018D-01)
Offered by BHFO
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, tough and good quality, September 24, 2012
I really wanted an Incipio case for my iPhone 5.

We've had very good experiences with them on the 3Gs and the 4s so, I naturally looked up the available options and decided on the dual-pro. Unfortunately everyone, including Incipio were charging ridiculous amounts of money to ship their cases and Amazon prime has made me a scrooge about paying for shipping.

After a fruitless few minutes researching alternatives, I happened upon a single review on Amazon that actually seemed to have a ring of truth. I needed a case, it was prime eligible, so I shrugged and ordered the case.

The case arrived promptly and on time.

The material is high-quality, rigid rubber. There is some give and flexibilty around the corners but it's a lot stiffer than the Incipio NGP cases. They even went so far as to chamfer the edges of the case to match Ive's latest iPhone signature. Nice touch. The rigidity may have some effect on how much cushioning it will provide the internals in case of a drop, but it will probably handle knocks and dings pretty well.

As others have mentioned, it's a tight fit. Think Benetton or Armani pants rather than hospital scrubs. However, it only took me about 2 minutes to get the case on the phone. Just slide the top of the phone (camera end) in and then gently pull the bottom of the case over the speaker-end and you'll be fine. All the holes and cutouts line up well and the phone is barely any thicker with the case on.

The one minor complaint is that the cutouts for the volume, mute and power buttons are a bit too deep and they are slightly difficult to depress. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the a total PIA, I would rate this a 2.

Once the Incipio cases arrive at a retail store, I may still go and check out their offerings to see how they compare. Either way, I will be keeping the STM.

Recommended.

Detailer's Choice 4B315 Interior Car Duster - 1-Each
Detailer's Choice 4B315 Interior Car Duster - 1-Each
Price: $11.77
2 used & new from $7.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Left lint and thread all over my dash, September 7, 2012
I have a limited edition, high performance car with a lot of bespoke Alcantara trimming on the dash and the doors. This product left fuzz, lint and thread all over the interior. I ended up laboriously sucking everything up with a hand-vac.

Disappointed.

Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1)
Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1)
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Charmin is cheaper, May 5, 2012
This is a really, really badly written and poorly conceived book. I got about 10 pages into the first chapter and decided it was enough.

I picked it up for $0.99 in the recent 'kindle daily deal' so at least I didn't pay a lot of money.

Incipio NGP Case for iPhone 4/4S-Matte Black
Incipio NGP Case for iPhone 4/4S-Matte Black
Price: $16.75
36 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case. Probably the best rubber case for the iPhone4/4S, January 11, 2012
We bought this for my fiancee after she returned a couple of other cases we bought for her at the Apple Store.

It fits perfectly and is a breeze to take off if needed.

I will be looking to Incipio when I upgrade my 3Gs to a 5.

Panasonic ES-LA93-K, Arc4 Electric Razor, Men's 4-Blade with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head and Dual Motor, Premium Automatic Clean & Charge Station Included, Wet or Dry Operation
Price: $149.99
54 used & new from $149.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Great shaver, useless cleaning system, January 6, 2012
I'm updating the review to a one star because I've not been able to get a response from Panasonic regarding the constantly failing cleaning unit.

The shaver is not holding up as well as the older 2-bladed unit I still have. I typically replace the foil after about a year but don't feel like it's worth doing with this one.

Might be time to take a look at the competition.

---

This is my second Panasonic Shaver. I bought the older double bladed shaver in 2007 and still use it when I travel. The ES-LA93 shaves a bit closer than the previous model but is a little more cumbersome to use because of the large head.

I'm giving the product 2 stars because the new Vortex cleaning system does not seem as well designed as the older one. Mine stopped working after 6 months and would only blow-dry the shaver. I changed the cartridge, reset the unit and it still stubbornly kept blinking a red status light at me. I called customer service who told me I would have to ship both shaver and cleaner back for repair/replacement. Unless you live in Texas, be prepared to wait a couple of weeks. They also wanted me to pay shipping costs and I had to escalate to a manager before they would send me a return label.

After receiving my replacement, the cleaning unit worked for about 3 months before packing it in with the same symptoms (blinking red status, blow-dry only). The unit also spills over when cleaning and left a green/brown residue on the bathroom counter. The old unit did neither.

I'm going to contact Panasonic one more time to see what they can recommend. As of now, the cleaning unit is a waste of counter space.

Page: 1 | 2