Profile for OliveSaxer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 83

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OliveSaxer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Surge Citrus Flavored Soda 16fl oz. 12 cans
Surge Citrus Flavored Soda 16fl oz. 12 cans
Offered by AWESOMELY FULLFILLED
Price: $44.36
81 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars May cause unexplainable midlife crisis., December 22, 2014
I bought this product to relive my high school life.

Upon arrival, I tore open the packaging and grabbed one of the room-temperature cans and ran outside. My hand shook as I placed my worn Korn cassette in the tape deck of my 1989 Plymouth Grand Voyager for the first time in 18 years. As Johnathan Davis' asked inquisitively if I was ready, I replied in the only way I could.... Yes Mr Davis. Yes I am ready.

The left speaker's been blown for as long as I've owned the van, but the tape had been played so many times that you probably couldn't tell anyway. As I cracked the can for the first time and took a sip, Munky's throaty D-tuned guitar pounded in my head. I immediately was angry at my parents for not letting my go to the party on Friday even though, like, EVERYONE is going to be there. They are so completely out of touch, they have no idea who I am anymore. I am so angry.

I remembered that Kelly was going to be at the party and I haven't been able to talk to her yet. Phil gave her my beeper number on tuesday in driver's ed, but she hasn't used it yet. I need to find a way to sneak out and get to this party without my parents knowing. I wonder if I put the van in neutral, could I push it down the street far enough so that when I start it, they wouldn't be able to hear my muffler-less rustbucket start... I could totally do this.

By the time I finished the can, Side A of the tape was complete. I remembered that there was no party on Friday, but I did have to go to work at the office and would probably be so tired when I got home that after my wife and I finished dinner, we'd just hang out on the couch and watch netflix. I realized that I didn't have a beeper, my parents were right to not let me go to that party, and that I didn't actually own a van anymore...

so who's van is this?

Amazon Gift Card - Email - New Baby (Monkey)
Amazon Gift Card - Email - New Baby (Monkey)
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is hands down the best amazon gift card you can ever have. ever., December 22, 2014
It is a gift card! It looks like a gift card and functions JUST like a gift card should!

If you are in the market for an amazon gift card, this product will satisfy every single gift card need that you have - and a few you probably didn't even know you needed!

Gosh - writing this review makes me want to re-buy this gift card specifically to get that fresh "open box" tingle all over again.

Wahl 3376-100 #A Stainless Steel Comb
Wahl 3376-100 #A Stainless Steel Comb
Price: $11.72
6 used & new from $6.18

1.0 out of 5 stars The razor should be sharp - not the guard., December 22, 2014
Purchased this to fit on one of my other Wahl razors... unfortunately it didn't fit.

But the reason for such a low review is how sharp the guard is - I couldn't imagine this being usable for anyone or anything without causing serious damage. Stick to plastic.

BMC 5 pc Unisex Mens Solid Color Crossover Snap Button Adjustable Neck Tie Bowties - Set 1: Neutral
Offered by Bundle Monster
Price: $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap fit and feel., December 22, 2014
These are pretty cheaply made. I like the crossover tie look, but find myself hesitant to add any of these to my outfits. The fabric used is quite thin and looks like it would be better hanging on the wall of a tux rental store.

That isn't a bad thing for some people - but it isn't at all what I was looking for.

Joe's Jeans Men's The Brixton Slim Fit Straight Leg Jean In Kurt, Kurt, 32
Joe's Jeans Men's The Brixton Slim Fit Straight Leg Jean In Kurt, Kurt, 32
Price: $110.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Run large - so buy smaller than you normally would., December 22, 2014
I am wearing these jeans now. I really enjoy the pattern as well as the "wear" embellishments.

Be aware though, that although they say 32 waist, they fit rather loosely. I would say that they run about a size or a size and a half larger than advertised. I had to get the length tailored as well- but once my miracle worker with a sewing machine got done, they are a great pair of denim.

Quiet Kenny
Quiet Kenny
Price: $9.79
45 used & new from $5.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard bop trumpeter doesn't disappoint., December 22, 2014
This review is from: Quiet Kenny (Audio CD)
I came across Kenny Dorham for the first time playing with Thelonious Monk on his Modern Music vol. 2 album. Then again I heard the soothing, melodies of Blue Friday on a local jazz radio station and decided that this belongs in my collection.

It is a wonderful album - I have it both on vinyl and CD so that I can listen at home and in the car. Well worth every penny.

If you are interested in an under-appreciated trumpeter from the great jazz era or just something wonderful to have playing in the background of your next dinner party - this is the album for you.

Under The Dome, Season 2 [HD]
Under The Dome, Season 2 [HD]
Price: $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Suffers from Lost Syndrome, September 11, 2014
Great idea that burned itself out.

Rosewood Stained Ring Gift Box Jewelry Display
Rosewood Stained Ring Gift Box Jewelry Display
Offered by FindingKing
Price: $9.65
7 used & new from $3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful box., August 15, 2013
I bought this box to display an engagement ring. The box that came with it didn't quite do it justice.

This box seems really well made and the ring looks great in it.

Murray's Superior Hair Dressing Pomade
Murray's Superior Hair Dressing Pomade
Offered by CBS Express
Price: $4.09
21 used & new from $2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic., August 15, 2013
I bought my first tin of Murray's after my stylist convinced me to buy a much more expensive pomade.

Murray's was incredibly inexpensive and contained the same ingredients as my more expensive brand.

It is pretty thick. You need to rub your hands together quickly in order to get it pliable. When it is in your hair, however, it is a really great hold- not a stiff hold like gel or spray, but a pliable hold.

It is now part of my day-to-day kit.

Trudeau 6-1/2-Inch Easy Grind Enora Salt Mill
Trudeau 6-1/2-Inch Easy Grind Enora Salt Mill
Offered by Home Core
Price: $32.39
4 used & new from $32.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Grinds inconsistantly, August 15, 2013
This salt mill is good for the price. It looks nice as well. The only catch is that it doesn't seem to grind well. It could be the salt that came with the unit. I plan on replacing the salt soon - hopefully that will help.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9