Profile for J. Castillo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Castillo "JJ Castillo" RSS Feed (Stuttgart, Germany)

Page: 1 | 2
True Mass Chocolate Milkshake, 5.82 Lbs.
True Mass Chocolate Milkshake, 5.82 Lbs.
Offered by Vitamin Discount Center
Price: $48.97
20 used & new from $48.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Long Lasting, January 16, 2011
It tastes great, mixes great, has what I need in terms of protein and calories, and cleans off my bottle easy, but there's only 1 problem. One big tub of 5.75 pounds only holds 18 servings of 3 scoops. I plan on taking 2 scoops with 11/12 ounces of cold water on my off days to help conserve and the recommended 3 scoops with 16 ounces after workouts. I feel they could've squeezed a 1/4 pound of powder in the remaining container to make it 6 lbs and cheaper (settling etc etc I know). Also, the scoop is bigger than the previous two proteins I've tried (GNC 100% Whey Protein and Cytosport Vanilla Creme Muscle Milk) which have 70 cc sized scoops and this one has a 90 cc scoop. One more caveat: on a 3 scoop serving with water (16 ounces) when mixed will add up to 20 oz of liquid so plan ahead on your bottle size. I don't buy it from Amazon (I live overseas on an APO address), so I have to make do with the AAFES PX selection, and this seemed like the best choice. Will probably buy again, depending on how long this tub lasts with my serving size adjustments.

Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B  Black HRT Boot Knife
Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B Black HRT Boot Knife
Price: $19.02
40 used & new from $10.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, January 8, 2011
Mine came in a while ago and it's great. I use mine for a non-spin throwing style and have ordered a second. The sheath is easy to access and reliable.

Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide
Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide
by David S. J. Hodgson
27 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Detailed Information (That I didn't need), January 8, 2011
The hardcover collector's guide is very nice looking and definitely built to last. The pages seem thin, and some of the space used for maps seems useless. There could have been a specialized walkthrough for the star caps.

Sony Playstation 3 160GB System
Sony Playstation 3 160GB System
Offered by drum_video_games
Price: $389.99
263 used & new from $116.78

5.0 out of 5 stars It Does Everything :P, December 31, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love my PS3.. I picked mine up at Wal-Mart during the 2009 Black Friday, and it was completely worth it. I started the current console-gen with an X-Box 360 and later got a Wii (big mistake). The X-Box broke on me 3 times and I decided to try something new (with an amazing deal). Since I moved to Germany with my military family I've used the blu-ray function extensively and it works great. The controls were a bit different and the controller could use some work, but all in all it's a very good console.

Boker Plus Urban Survival Knife
Boker Plus Urban Survival Knife
Price: $28.93
47 used & new from $25.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought Elsewhere, November 12, 2010
I bought this knife off a Vietnamese guy right outside the German border for 15 Euros. For the price I got it for, it was a decent purchase, but the knife finish is weak. Mine came with a clip and that made it uncomfortable to hold. It has a very sharp point which is cool, but I honestly could not see myself cutting with it. All in all okay purchase.

PS: I don't have problems opening it with the stud, it works fine for me. Mine has a smooth hinge and the blade's pretty well set (as in it won't be moving any time soon).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 11, 2010
It was longer than I expected and was almost as long as my leg! (29 1/2 in.) (No complaints there). But it did come with the spike/blade scratched, and the spike sheath is less than amazing. The sheath is two pieces of plastic with a thin lining of cardboard in between them and two strings on each side to tie it to the club. The little cardboard sheet says there'd be a protective leather sheath, but they changed their sheaths without changing the packaging. But since I bought it for the club and not the sheath, I'm not too disappointed.

Damascus D22S Leather Driving Gloves Half-Finger Unlined, Medium
Damascus D22S Leather Driving Gloves Half-Finger Unlined, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Small Flaws, September 30, 2010
They're great, as you can probably surmise from previous reviews. However, I have two gripes with these otherwise amazing gloves. The thumbs don't match in length on both gloves. Normally, I wouldn't care, but there's a half inch difference leaving one thumb nicely wrapped but clung to a little too much, and the other thumb is loose, and it's a little irritating because it cuts right off at the joint in the middle of my thumb and it gets in the way. My second reason is that the knuckle holes don't correspond with my knuckles on my left hand (the one with the long thumb). Stupid reasons, I know, but they're otherwise comfortable and do their purposes quite nicely. Either I got jipped on one of the glove's size, or they have bad quality control..

Don't get me wrong though, I love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative or Standalone Piece, September 23, 2010
This bottle opener serves as a great alternative to the illegal balisongs that it's modeled after. At first it felt a little weird in terms of weight, but you get used to it.

The bottle opener head's sides poke out of the sides of the handle, and the bottle opener makes a small amount of noise when being closed, as it slams the edges of the handles. Still, it's a great legal alternative to carrying around a real balisong, and my friends love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Piece, Bad Sheath., September 8, 2010
A great piece with a sturdy handle. I'm (almost) completely satisfied, except when it comes to the sheath, which is cheaply constructed. Still, I bought it for the blade, not the sheath, and the blade I love.

Ultra Pro The Magic the Gathering (MTG) Card Game - MANA / Sleeve / Deck Dividers - Mana Design (16 Dividers/Bag)
Offered by closeoutsforyou
Price: $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Scuffed, August 25, 2010
My dividers came to me scuffed and dirty. They were also rough around the edges (bad punch job). I was also disappointed with the plastic quality. They do their job, however, and were just what I needed.

Page: 1 | 2