Profile for J. A. Reyes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. A. Reyes "JaRa76" RSS Feed (NY, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Wolfenstein: The New Order - PlayStation 4
Wolfenstein: The New Order - PlayStation 4
Offered by GO-FAST
Price: $33.99
79 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best FPS that I have played since KillZone 2, June 23, 2014
This is the way Killzone Shadow Fall should have been, lot's of fun without gimmicks... you want a FPS for PS4, this is the one to get.

God of War Collection - PlayStation Vita
God of War Collection - PlayStation Vita
Price: $29.96
61 used & new from $22.98

5.0 out of 5 stars No less than 5 stars, June 4, 2014
There are not a lot of games for the VIta, but for this game the Vita is worth it. I have played all GOW games except for the last one on the PS3 (I am not interested in a prequel). These games are frustrating sometimes, but you cannot get better than this on a portable system, they were great back then and are even better now since you can take them with you.

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
Price: $29.99
240 used & new from $14.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming Killzone., November 22, 2013
I have played all Killzone games, this one is the one I am most disappointed with. To me, for Killzone, the high standard should be KZ2, it was a groundbreaking title, they pushed the envelope and delivered a shooter that was "original" in the FPS space. For this new installment, I think is underwhelming how standard it feels, there is nothing special about it and it is a shame since should be the title to get, and a PS4 volume mover and it is none of them. Not trolling I promise, big PlayStation fan here.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2013 6:33 AM PST

HTC One, Silver (AT&T)
HTC One, Silver (AT&T)
2 used & new from $269.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Screen Cracked, June 27, 2013
I always maintain my phone on my front pocket, one day I took my 1 month old HTC One out and the screen was cracked, not shattered, just cracked from corner to corner, but the phone itself was working perfectly fine. I decided to send it to service to HTC, since I believe I did nothing out of the ordinary to get the screen cracked. I was flexible to pay for a regular screen replacement if it was not covered by the warranty, but today I received the quote, $300!!!! In the quote they are stating that the case and the board need to be replaced and really do not understand why, since as I said, the phone was working fine, it was just the screen that was cracked, even the touchscreen was working fine. If it is a design error and the case and the mainboard need to be replace to change the screen, that is unacceptable.

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with HTC, and for your own benefit, PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!. First and last HTC phone that I am going to buy. Yes, I did modification to the software, but that did not have anything to do with the hardware problem. They did use this as excuse to change the mainboard and change the case.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2013 8:12 PM PDT

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider
Offered by Peara's Premium Products
Price: $27.97
135 used & new from $12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of passion put it in this game, March 8, 2013
This review is from: Tomb Raider (Video Game)
This is one of those games that you can see the passion of the developers, the attention to details is remarkable. I am fan of Uncharted, but, TR was first, and this is an evolution of what it was established and started before by it. Thumbs up, great game!
UPDATE: Last time I had this kind of fun with a game was with Batman: Arkham City. I was really sad that the game ended, and honestly, the main criticism, the similarity with Uncharted is not existent, both games are 3rd person action games, but I enjoyed way more TR more than U3.

Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3
Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3
Offered by Isomergames
Price: $12.18
192 used & new from $3.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game!!!, May 30, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Just to give a perspective, I always use Uncharted 2 as my benchmark for third person shooters, however, keep in mind that MP3 is somehow a different animal. MP3 is less forgiving, you feel like you are really vulnerable and you have to plan your tactics (most of the time, more than once) to survive a saving point or even a level. Enemies can take a lot of bullets, you do not.

Something that I am really enjoying is the character development; yes, it is cheesy, but you will have a feeling of sadness and at the same time is kind of funny listening to MP talking to himself (I think this is totally intentional and part of the game design). ***spoiler*** Also, I really liked the gameplay in the Favelas. The Hoboken part was also nice, however, I can tell you Hoboken does not look that way, at least not nowadays.

I am not giving 5/5 because in my PS3 I have experienced some technical issues, not show stoppers and not that many, but again, compared with my benchmark, they were significant.

Ridge Racer Unbounded - Playstation 3
Ridge Racer Unbounded - Playstation 3
Offered by PIP GAMING
Price: $18.70
58 used & new from $6.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Fun, but frustrating hard, May 9, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have enjoyed this game a lot, but it is very difficult. I do have experience with arcade racing (previous Ridge Racer game is one of my favorites) but it seems like for Namco, fun means frustration. Seriously, I play games to relax, not to get more stress... that does not mean that I do not like challenging games, but challenging does not mean frustrating.
I will continue playing it, as a matter of fact this game is really fun, but I do not know for how long, since the AI is TOO good (sometimes it feels like it cheats) and if you do not accomplish goals, you cannot unlock new content.

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
51 used & new from $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Router I have used, July 6, 2011
Just to be clear on this, I did try the Cisco E4200, which, according with people who knows about wireless networking, is the best wireless router out there but the range was not as good as the Airport Extreme. I have a town house and the router needs to be in the basement, the E4200 signal did reach the second floor, but with more than two devices connected to the router, the signal dropped so much that was unusable. With the Airport Extreme, no problems at all, the signal is fast enough with two or more devices connected. An additional perk is that with the E4200 you can use the USB port just for storage but not for a printer, but with the Airport Extreme, you can connect an USB Hub and have a printer an a external Hard Drive connected at the same time. This router is a keeper.

My setup: 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 PC, 3 Macs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2012 8:17 AM PST

God of War III - Playstation 3
God of War III - Playstation 3
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $21.30
303 used & new from $2.86

5.0 out of 5 stars GOW, one of a kind, March 22, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am not going to write a long review, this game, once more, demonstrates that Sony has the best games overall. Some people are complaining that the gameplay is too similar to a PS2, but who cares, this game is creating a standard for hack and slash games... or, if you prefer, button smasher... I really do not care, it is so much fun to play it.

Darksiders Greatest Hits- Playstation 3
Darksiders Greatest Hits- Playstation 3
Offered by Shark Distributors
Price: $14.48
110 used & new from $3.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing blend..., January 17, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Do not be discourage of buying this game because it is a blend of several others. What could be wrong with a mix of GOW, Devil May Cry and even Dark Sector? Yes, it does borrow element for at least 5 games, but who cares? it is fun to play, it does not need a high learning curve and the characters and story are kind of interesting. Basically, it is like a poppy music group that you cannot understand why you like it, but you buy a cd from them and you play it continuously on your stereo. In summary, it is fun, so, go slice some demons and angels, and do not think about anything else.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4