Profile for realguy1 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

realguy1 RSS Feed (Washington, DC USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Just Tomatoes Organic Just Cherries, 2.5 Ounce Pouch
Just Tomatoes Organic Just Cherries, 2.5 Ounce Pouch
Price: $6.99
4 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flavor, December 21, 2013
No artificial ingredients or sugar/sweeteners makes this just the type of healthy natural product I was looking for. Tastes great in cereal or oatmeal.

Lenovo P180 Headset (57Y6747)
Lenovo P180 Headset (57Y6747)
Offered by ValueShop
Price: $19.88
3 used & new from $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Below average sound, December 21, 2013
I've had several headsets over the years and - after a positive experience with a different set of Lenovo earbuds - thought this would be a good buy.

However, I found it very lacking in sound quality. Specifically, I thought the sound was muddy and just didn't do justice to the range of music I tried listening to.

Even though I'm paying a hefty return fee, I'm shipping it back - it's something I would never use.

Maxell M&M'S Lightweight Earbuds - Red (190550)
Maxell M&M'S Lightweight Earbuds - Red (190550)
Price: $8.34
65 used & new from $4.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Flat response, not worth buying, June 7, 2013
I really didn't find these earbuds nearly as good as others I've tried. The music sounds flat and tinny. I played exactly the same songs using another set of earbuds and found those made the music sound much better - fuller and more balanced. In my opinion, a waste of money.

PUR CR-6000 7-Cup Water Filtration Pitcher
PUR CR-6000 7-Cup Water Filtration Pitcher
Price: $10.19
41 used & new from $6.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Pitcher tips over, March 29, 2013
I've had this pitcher for over a year now. Here the key pros and cons:

Pros:
- Good quality filtration
- Reasonable filling speed
- Affordable replacement filters

Cons:
- Pitcher falls over if you try pushing it without lifting it by the handle; this has been very frustrating (more than one spill)

The filters are good, and they're affordable so if you are ok with the occasional tipped over pitcher, buy this. Otherwise, there is a larger version they offer that might be good (I'm going to try that next).

Euro Paper Towel Holder in Satin Nickel
Euro Paper Towel Holder in Satin Nickel
Offered by CashCo1000, Inc. (USA Merchant)
Price: $10.99
24 used & new from $6.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Bottom rusts and it doesn't allow roll to rotate, July 4, 2010
Overall, not something I'd buy again.

Pros:
- inexpensive
- looks nice

Cons:
- the bottom has gotten what appears to be rust on it, and seems to have left stains on the countertop
- because of the diameter of the holding rods, the paper towel rolls I buy don't rotate

Petmate Pet Hair Magnet, Yellow
Petmate Pet Hair Magnet, Yellow
Price: $8.99
11 used & new from $7.58

2.0 out of 5 stars Not effective, January 19, 2009
Took a lot of effort to remove dog hair from a couch cover. I gave up on it. I'm still looking for something that actually works.

Transformers
Transformers
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great effects and funny, December 8, 2007
It's a fun movie with some good dialogue -- lots of great effects and action too.

Easily Understand Islam
Easily Understand Islam
by F. Kamal
Price: $19.21
46 used & new from $4.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful look at Islam -- and religion -- for beginners, December 30, 2006
I thought this book did an excellent job in outlining some of the key aspects of Islam; given the religion's importance in the world these days, it's a good idea to get a feel for its basic beliefs about the world, God, science and its fit with other religions. I thought this book achieved these goals well. Some of the chapters are written at a simpler level and others are more scholarly. I particularly liked the author/editor's look at how modern scientific discoveries fit with Islam; he also isn't afraid to tackle issues such as Islam's take on morality and the role of women in Islam. A very interesting read.

Panasonic KX-TG5631S 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange  Digital Cordless Answering System
Panasonic KX-TG5631S 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange Digital Cordless Answering System
4 used & new from $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, November 17, 2006
This is one of the best wireless phones I've had -- good call quality, good speakerphone quality and good range.

V-Tech VT5854 5.8GHz Cordless with Caller ID & ITAD (Silver/Black)
V-Tech VT5854 5.8GHz Cordless with Caller ID & ITAD (Silver/Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool looks, good features, but poor sound quality, July 5, 2006
Looks good, has a lot of features, but I found the sound quality to be lacking in two areas: 1) the greeting that I recorded sounded very muffled when I called my answering machine to check it, and 2) the handset earpiece didn't have very clear sound.

Page: 1 | 2