Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Koala1356 > Reviews

Browse

Koala1356's Profile

Customer Reviews: 361

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Koala1356 RSS Feed (FL, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SanDisk Cruzer CZ36 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive , 2 Pack(2x8GB), Frustration-Free Packaging- SDCZ36-008G-AFFP2
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to create Windows 10 repair/reinstall media, August 11, 2015
I purchased the 2-pack of 8GB flash drives to create repair/reinstall media for Windows 10. I have two home computers upgraded to Windows 10, so the 2-pack flash drives served me well. While not the fastest flash drives on the block, they get the job done. I used one already to do a clean install of my Win 10 upgrade, and it worked just fine. My experience with SanDisk is that they make reliable, long lasting, flash media, so I am confident about storing both flash drives in a safe place for future reinstall/repair of the OS.

Case Logic Arca 11.6-Inch Laptop Carrying Case (ARC-111 Black)
Case Logic Arca 11.6-Inch Laptop Carrying Case (ARC-111 Black)
Offered by HowardStore
Price: $22.99
15 used & new from $16.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells awful, like an old car tire!, June 29, 2015
NEGATIVE ASPECTS:
When I first pulled this out of its plastic bag, I was immediately hit with the pungent stink of 'old car tire.' This thing smells awful! I've let it sit 'airing out' for over a week now, and while the odor is dissipating some, it's still too potent to actually use. I can't stand having it so close, slung over my shoulder, and I certainly can't see trying to take this on a plane, or to a coffee shop or library--everyone nearby would complain about the offensive smell. It's really strong. I sincerely hope it goes away at some point so the case becomes usable.

POSITIVE ASPECTS:
This is a semi-ridged, clamshell, case with decent padding inside to protect my gear. The web strap on the back has been sewn in three places to make two 'eyelets' for the shoulder strap to hook into, leaving the center piece as a sort of 'handle.' The latter is a pretty tight fit, so it's really not a carry hold you can grab and go. You have to work your hand into it carefully.

The topside padding is nice, but IMO the bottom mesh 'battery breathable' side doesn't seem entirely adequate protection for bumps and drops. The sewn in elastic corner straps means the lid opens to 90 degrees. Although it can be stretched backward, the lid doesn't lay flat. This design is meant to allow a Chromebook or an 11-inch notebook to be used while still in the case. There are no straps inside to secure the device, so basically your Chromebook or notebook is just balancing in the open case. My Acer Chromebook and my HP 11-inch notebook both fit, but the Chromebook fits much better. With my Chromebook or notebook inside, there is no room for anything else, and there are no outside pockets either. It's basically a semi-rigid sleeve with a shoulder strap.

OVERALL: It's an okay case, but I think there are better alternatives in this price point and below. I have a different model, molded EVA, slightly larger sleeve/case by Case Logic that I like much better (the QNS-113). This case's shoulder strap is handy, but for me, the overpowering 'old car tire' smell detracts from first impressions and immediate usability.

Pre de Provence Soap Shea Enriched Everyday 150 Gram Extra Large French Soap Bar - Rose De Mai
Price: $6.99
14 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely scented soap, June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this lovely scented soap. It lathers easily and washes away clean. It does not dry my skin thanks to its shea butter content. My favorite thing is the rose scent. Although it doesn't last more than a few hours on my skin, using it in the morning leaves my entire bathroom smelling like a bouquet of fresh cut roses for the whole day. Really nice luxury soap for self or gift.

Letter Laminating Pouches 5 Mil 9 x 11-1/2 Hot Qty 100
Letter Laminating Pouches 5 Mil 9 x 11-1/2 Hot Qty 100
Offered by Lamination Depot
Price: $14.92
13 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the name brands, only cheaper!, June 22, 2015
I purchased these generic 5-mil laminating pouches to use with a Swingline GBC Fusion 1100L 9" Laminator. They work just as well as the name brand, but cost less. As expected, they are slightly larger than 9.5x11" so that once hot sealed, there is a nice quarter inch border. They also have rounded corners. In truth, and I don't see any difference between these generic laminating pouches and the more expensive name brand ones, except for the money I saved. Recommended.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Cleaning, Drying, Utility Bar Mop Multi Use Dishtowel, Set of 4, Bold
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay towels, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These towels a more square than rectangle, kind of scratchy even after washing, but absorb water from a flat surface effectively. I am using them to wipe kitchen surfaces, not dry dishes. I find them too small for dishes. They are not color-safe, and the colors will run in the washer. I received the pack with dark blue, purple, yellow, and white, and the dark blue is the worst offender. Overall, I think they are cheaply made towels, of about the quality I'd expect to find in the dollar store. Okay, but not great; there are better alternatives. 3-average-stars from me.

TP-LINK Archer T4UH AC1200 High Gain Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter, 2.4Ghz 300Mbps/5Ghz 867Mbps, USB 3.0, WPS Button, Supports Windows 8.1/8/7/XP
Price: $38.07
56 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little USB adapter, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The T4UH adapter is a perfect AC1200 upgrade for me. I am using it with an older ultralight laptop that has a built-in Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n adapter that only connects at 65Mbps. Using this external adapter by TP-Link, I can connect at a full 867Mbps on the 5GHz band on my AC1900 home network. It can also connect to the 2.4GHz connection, but at the slower speed of 300Mbps. The twin antenna can be positioned anywhere along a 180 degree axis, which makes it a really stable connection, even several rooms away from the router. My internet pages load noticeably faster now, and I am very happy with the result.

Setup was simple. I just plugged the adapter into my laptop via the supplied USB cable, then installed the drivers. I did not use the included cd because my ultralight laptop does not have an optical disc drive. Instead, I went to the TP-Link website and downloaded the drivers. NOTE: These were in a zip folder and are .inf (ie: not .exe) for the different OS versions, so you'll need to know how to install an .inf file if you go the download route. My old laptop only has USB 2.0 slots. This adapter is USB 3.0, but it still preforms really well on USB 2.0 and is a huge upgrade over what I had.

The T4UH is about 2.75" wide by 3.75" long, and only 5/8" thick. When you stand up the antennae at 90 degrees, as pictured on the box, they are approx. 3.5" high. It weighs just under 2 ounces (minus the USB cable) so it's very portable. There's a WPS button on the front, and a green light that flashes when connected. There is only one connection, which is for the USB 3.0 cable. This adapter is compatible with 802.11b/g/n on the 2.4GHz band, and 802.11a/n/ac on the 5GHz band.

In the box: T4UH wireless adapter; USB 3.0 cable; mini-cd with drivers, utility, "User's Manual" in .pdf format; 1-page printed "Quick Installation Guide" setup sheet; printed "Technical Support" information.

Like many Vine reviewers, I also received the wrong product. I contacted TP-Link and found their customer service to be knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. They sent me the correct item right away.

In conclusion: If you're looking for a simple upgrade to 802.11ac without having to open your computer's case, or if you want to add new life to an aging laptop's wifi, then this is a good choice for an external USB adapter. I've been using TP-Link products for a number of years now, and I have only good things to say about them. This one is "recommended."

DII Home Essentials Reversible Ultra Plush Sherpa Printed Throw Blanket for Bedroom, Counch, Car, Gift, Dorm, 50 by 60-Inch, Leopard Print
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me long for cold weather, June 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This super soft, plush, comfortable throw blanket makes me long for cold weather. Being a 'throw', it is perfect for tossing over legs or wrapping about shoulders, indoors or out. It's light in weight, and effortlessly goes anywhere.

The print side (I have 'leopard') is a thin micro swede-like material that is very soft; the Sherpa side is fluffy polyester imitation lambs wool that gives the blanket its warmth and bulk, but not weight. The throw is only stitched around the outer edge (no quilting) using a broad blanket stitch that is also soft (no rough edges). I'm surprised that something this light in weight can be so warm and snuggly. I would not call it a 'lightweight' blanket because I find it really warm.

Overall, I love the feel of this throw; it has the sort of softness that invites you want to wrap yourself in it. I'd recommend it for anyone after a comfortable, attractive, warm throw blanket.

Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Plus 2-in-1 Handheld Vacuum, Deep Blue
Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Plus 2-in-1 Handheld Vacuum, Deep Blue
Price: $79.99
6 used & new from $53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps me keep a neat house with minimum effort, June 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first time using a product like this—ie: battery powered vacuum cleaner—so I can't judge it against other similar vacuums or brands. My opinions are solely based on this product's own merits.

It won't replace my regular corded vacuum cleaner, but I don't think that's the idea. I love this vac for its convenience, light weight, maneuverability, and quick cleaning; for all those times I don't want to mess with the hassle of getting my regular vacuum out and plugging it in, then unplugging and re-plugging in the next room. I love that there's no cord to tether me, so I can quickly and easily flit from room to room for minor touch up cleaning.

I love using this for:
* grabbing crumbs under the table.
* vacuuming my kitchen mats. At last! Something that doesn't suck them up like my regular vacuum!
* zipping into the hall to spruce up the entrance rug.
* ducking into the bathrooms for hair and/or talcum powder pickup.
* and numerous other quick tasks around the house. Did I mention the freedom of CORDLESS?

I'm not sure how long the battery lasts, but I can say that at the end of my daily 20 minutes cleaning, it's still going strong. Hasn't run out on me yet. I keep the unit plugged in and charging between uses, so it's always ready. One charge outlasts the capacity of the dirt fill cup. I do find that I need to empty that more than I need to charge the lithium battery. There are no 'bags' to deal with, just a clip off dirt cup to empty, and two reusable, washable (when needed) filters.

The unit itself is basically a handheld vac housed in an upright chassis. The handheld part can be clipped on and off the body while the vac is running—it makes no difference because the handheld part is where the work happens. So it's great for all kinds of situations, on the fly. The handheld part also has a crevice tool attachment, stowed neatly on the back of the upright. The body 'foot' has a rolling brush (which is detachable for cleaning) to help lift debris. The 'foot' is also swiveled, so it's super easy to maneuver around table legs and other obstacles that would require my regular big corded heavy vacuum to be manually repositioned.

I find the suction power to be very good. As stated, it won't suck up my kitchen mats, but for me that's a bonus. It does a great job of lifting surface debris, but it won't replace the suction of my regular corded vacuum for deep down dirt removal. Again, I don't think that's the point of this vacuum.

Overall, I love this Electrolux 2-in-1 vacuum for its features, convenience, and vacuum power. I'm cleaning house now more than ever, because it's so simple to grab it and go. Makes my daily spruce up a breeze. I thoroughly recommend it.

1 X Extra-Large TravelMate Seat Cushion (Size: 19" x 17" x 3". Color: Black)
1 X Extra-Large TravelMate Seat Cushion (Size: 19" x 17" x 3". Color: Black)
Offered by TravelMate
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds life and comfort to my aging desk chair, May 20, 2015
I love my old computer desk chair. It creaks, is worn and tore, but I'm not ready to throw it out. I sit in it every day (work at home), and lately it's been getting a bit uncomfortable. This cushion from TravelMate added some much needed comfort and support to the sagging seat, giving my old chair a new lease of life for a small investment.

I've been sitting on this cushion for about six weeks now, and find it very comfortable for long periods. It does squash some with weight, but it never loses support and it bounces right back. It's about three inches thick, with furniture-grade foam on the bottom to hold its shape and support, and a memory foam topper to add comfort. The large size is perfect to cover my entire desk chair seat, and 'I' don't fall off the edges when sitting. It has a zippered micro-suede cover that in theory can be removed for washing, but looking at it, I am not entirely sure that wrestling the cover off and on would be worth the effort. The cushion also has a 'waterfall' front edge for extra leg comfort.

This is one of the best investments I've made to extend the life of my aging desk chair (also added gel arm rests). When I do eventually purchase a new desk chair, this cushion will go with it. I'm just sorry I didn't spring for this cushion sooner than I did.

Linksys WRT 8-Port Gigabit Switch, Works with Linksys WRT1900AC Wi-Fi Router (SE4008-FFP)
Price: $51.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have the WRT 1900AC router, then this is the switch you want!, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The main draw of this Linksys switch is that it matches the WRT 1900AC router. The switch is big, blue, and pretty darn ugly (in a loveable way) just like its big brother router, but it fits perfectly under the 1900AC (stackable) and really completes the look of the unit as a whole. I was already using another brand 8-port gigabit switch with my WRT 1900AC. That switch was small, metal, and worked fine, but it didn't match the esthetics of my big blue 1900AC.

The WRT 8-port switch could not be simpler to set up—just connect it to your router, power, and plug your devices into the switch. There is a CD included in the box, but this only has the User Manual and some legal info on it, and is not needed for set up. However, the back of the CD sleeve has printed connection instructions for quick set up, if needed.

I can't say I really notice any difference in speed between this switch and my older 8-port gigabit switch; it works great. I like that it has auto sensing ports that not only adjust to 10/100/1000 speeds depending on device, but the ports also turn off to save energy when there is nothing plugged into them. The switch also features built in QoS for streaming video and audio across my home network. QoS cannot be modified. In fact, apart from a button on the back that turns the LEDs on/off, there's no modifying the switch whatsoever.

Honestly, I can't imagine why you'd even want this switch if you did not already have (or planned to buy) the WRT 1900AC router. It has a large footprint so it take up more space than other comparable 8-port gigabit switches, is dorky-looking (also in a loveable way), is made of plastic, and a bit pricy. But if you happen to already own (or plan to buy) a WRT 1900AC router and are shopping for an 8-port gigabit switch to go with it, then look no further—this is the switch you want. I love it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20