Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Koala1356 > Reviews

Browse

Koala1356's Profile

Customer Reviews: 364

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Koala1356 RSS Feed (FL, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Valley 3.5mm Female to 3.5mm Male TRRS (4 Pole) Right Angle Gold Stereo Headphone and Microphone or Video Cable Adapter - Black
Offered by Valley Enterprises
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox One compatible, March 17, 2016
Purchased this for use with my Xbox One controller to divert my headset cable from a 'straight down' configuration. It now angles the headset cable behind my controller. Saved my second headset from being ruined by this 'straight down' cable design. Works great with party chat: I can hear and talk to my party. Seller: Valley Enterprises

2.5mm Female To 3.5mm Male 4 Poles Jack Stereo Headset Adapter (Supports Both Microphone / Mic and Headphone Functions)
Offered by ienza
Price: $5.95
2 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox One Compatible, March 17, 2016
I purchased this for use with my Xbox One. I can confirm it works with an Xbox 360 chat headset (new style with 2.5mm plug) plugged into an Xbox One controller (I am using the old style controller, with adapter). I can hear my party chat and they can hear me. I also tried my Panasonic headset for my phone (with 2.5mm plug), and that worked on my Xbox One too. Seller: ienza

iShoppingdeals 7-Inch Slim Fit Protective TPU Rubber Gel Shell Cover with Extra Grip for Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet 5th Generation, 2015 Release
Offered by iShoppingdeals
Price: $4.99
2 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic, not a real gel case, February 21, 2016
Not a 'rubber gel' case as advertised. This is a plastic case, which means it has little impact protection (unlike a real gel case) to protect against minor bumps and drops. It is not 'grippy' like a gel case either, it's only slightly less smooth than a naked kindle. One side of the case I received has a slight bow, and being hard plastic, it does not conform to the kindle, so I just have a bowed-out side. Overall, this is the sort of thing you'd expect to pick up in a $1 store, and certainly not worth the $10 I paid for it. Disappointing.

SanDisk Cruzer CZ36 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive , 2 Pack(2x8GB), Frustration-Free Packaging- SDCZ36-008G-AFFP2
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to create Windows 10 repair/reinstall media, August 11, 2015
I purchased the 2-pack of 8GB flash drives to create repair/reinstall media for Windows 10. I have two home computers upgraded to Windows 10, so the 2-pack flash drives served me well. While not the fastest flash drives on the block, they get the job done. I used one already to do a clean install of my Win 10 upgrade, and it worked just fine. My experience with SanDisk is that they make reliable, long lasting, flash media, so I am confident about storing both flash drives in a safe place for future reinstall/repair of the OS.

Case Logic Arca 11.6-Inch Laptop Carrying Case (ARC-111 Black)
Case Logic Arca 11.6-Inch Laptop Carrying Case (ARC-111 Black)
Price: $21.53
46 used & new from $18.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells awful, like an old car tire!, June 29, 2015
NEGATIVE ASPECTS:
When I first pulled this out of its plastic bag, I was immediately hit with the pungent stink of 'old car tire.' This thing smells awful! I've let it sit 'airing out' for over a week now, and while the odor is dissipating some, it's still too potent to actually use. I can't stand having it so close, slung over my shoulder, and I certainly can't see trying to take this on a plane, or to a coffee shop or library--everyone nearby would complain about the offensive smell. It's really strong. I sincerely hope it goes away at some point so the case becomes usable.

POSITIVE ASPECTS:
This is a semi-ridged, clamshell, case with decent padding inside to protect my gear. The web strap on the back has been sewn in three places to make two 'eyelets' for the shoulder strap to hook into, leaving the center piece as a sort of 'handle.' The latter is a pretty tight fit, so it's really not a carry hold you can grab and go. You have to work your hand into it carefully.

The topside padding is nice, but IMO the bottom mesh 'battery breathable' side doesn't seem entirely adequate protection for bumps and drops. The sewn in elastic corner straps means the lid opens to 90 degrees. Although it can be stretched backward, the lid doesn't lay flat. This design is meant to allow a Chromebook or an 11-inch notebook to be used while still in the case. There are no straps inside to secure the device, so basically your Chromebook or notebook is just balancing in the open case. My Acer Chromebook and my HP 11-inch notebook both fit, but the Chromebook fits much better. With my Chromebook or notebook inside, there is no room for anything else, and there are no outside pockets either. It's basically a semi-rigid sleeve with a shoulder strap.

OVERALL: It's an okay case, but I think there are better alternatives in this price point and below. I have a different model, molded EVA, slightly larger sleeve/case by Case Logic that I like much better (the QNS-113). This case's shoulder strap is handy, but for me, the overpowering 'old car tire' smell detracts from first impressions and immediate usability.

Pre De Provence Rose de Mai Soap 150g Handcut Soap
Pre De Provence Rose de Mai Soap 150g Handcut Soap
Price: $6.45
15 used & new from $5.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely scented soap, June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this lovely scented soap. It lathers easily and washes away clean. It does not dry my skin thanks to its shea butter content. My favorite thing is the rose scent. Although it doesn't last more than a few hours on my skin, using it in the morning leaves my entire bathroom smelling like a bouquet of fresh cut roses for the whole day. Really nice luxury soap for self or gift.

Letter Laminating Pouches 5 Mil 9 x 11-1/2 Hot Qty 100
Letter Laminating Pouches 5 Mil 9 x 11-1/2 Hot Qty 100
Offered by Lamination Depot
Price: $16.02
13 used & new from $9.10

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the name brands, only cheaper!, June 22, 2015
I purchased these generic 5-mil laminating pouches to use with a Swingline GBC Fusion 1100L 9" Laminator. They work just as well as the name brand, but cost less. As expected, they are slightly larger than 9.5x11" so that once hot sealed, there is a nice quarter inch border. They also have rounded corners. In truth, and I don't see any difference between these generic laminating pouches and the more expensive name brand ones, except for the money I saved. Recommended.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Super Absorbant, Monogrammable, Everyday Kitchen Basic Utility Bar Mop Dishtowel 16 x 19" Set of 4- Bold
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay towels, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These towels a more square than rectangle, kind of scratchy even after washing, but absorb water from a flat surface effectively. I am using them to wipe kitchen surfaces, not dry dishes. I find them too small for dishes. They are not color-safe, and the colors will run in the washer. I received the pack with dark blue, purple, yellow, and white, and the dark blue is the worst offender. Overall, I think they are cheaply made towels, of about the quality I'd expect to find in the dollar store. Okay, but not great; there are better alternatives. 3-average-stars from me.

TP-LINK Archer T4UH AC1200 High Gain Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter, 2.4Ghz 300Mbps/5Ghz 867Mbps, USB 3.0, WPS Button, Supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP, Mac OS X 10.7-10.10
Price: Click here to see our price
67 used & new from $24.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little USB adapter, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The T4UH adapter is a perfect AC1200 upgrade for me. I am using it with an older ultralight laptop that has a built-in Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n adapter that only connects at 65Mbps. Using this external adapter by TP-Link, I can connect at a full 867Mbps on the 5GHz band on my AC1900 home network. It can also connect to the 2.4GHz connection, but at the slower speed of 300Mbps. The twin antenna can be positioned anywhere along a 180 degree axis, which makes it a really stable connection, even several rooms away from the router. My internet pages load noticeably faster now, and I am very happy with the result.

Setup was simple. I just plugged the adapter into my laptop via the supplied USB cable, then installed the drivers. I did not use the included cd because my ultralight laptop does not have an optical disc drive. Instead, I went to the TP-Link website and downloaded the drivers. NOTE: These were in a zip folder and are .inf (ie: not .exe) for the different OS versions, so you'll need to know how to install an .inf file if you go the download route. My old laptop only has USB 2.0 slots. This adapter is USB 3.0, but it still preforms really well on USB 2.0 and is a huge upgrade over what I had.

The T4UH is about 2.75" wide by 3.75" long, and only 5/8" thick. When you stand up the antennae at 90 degrees, as pictured on the box, they are approx. 3.5" high. It weighs just under 2 ounces (minus the USB cable) so it's very portable. There's a WPS button on the front, and a green light that flashes when connected. There is only one connection, which is for the USB 3.0 cable. This adapter is compatible with 802.11b/g/n on the 2.4GHz band, and 802.11a/n/ac on the 5GHz band.

In the box: T4UH wireless adapter; USB 3.0 cable; mini-cd with drivers, utility, "User's Manual" in .pdf format; 1-page printed "Quick Installation Guide" setup sheet; printed "Technical Support" information.

Like many Vine reviewers, I also received the wrong product. I contacted TP-Link and found their customer service to be knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. They sent me the correct item right away.

In conclusion: If you're looking for a simple upgrade to 802.11ac without having to open your computer's case, or if you want to add new life to an aging laptop's wifi, then this is a good choice for an external USB adapter. I've been using TP-Link products for a number of years now, and I have only good things to say about them. This one is "recommended."

DII Home Essentials Reversible Ultra Plush Sherpa Printed Throw Blanket for Bedroom, Couch, Car, Gift, Dorm, 50 by 60-Inch, Leopard Print
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me long for cold weather, June 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This super soft, plush, comfortable throw blanket makes me long for cold weather. Being a 'throw', it is perfect for tossing over legs or wrapping about shoulders, indoors or out. It's light in weight, and effortlessly goes anywhere.

The print side (I have 'leopard') is a thin micro swede-like material that is very soft; the Sherpa side is fluffy polyester imitation lambs wool that gives the blanket its warmth and bulk, but not weight. The throw is only stitched around the outer edge (no quilting) using a broad blanket stitch that is also soft (no rough edges). I'm surprised that something this light in weight can be so warm and snuggly. I would not call it a 'lightweight' blanket because I find it really warm.

Overall, I love the feel of this throw; it has the sort of softness that invites you want to wrap yourself in it. I'd recommend it for anyone after a comfortable, attractive, warm throw blanket.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20