Profile for Koala1356 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 344

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Koala1356 RSS Feed (FL, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Glad OdorShield Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags, Gain Original, 100 Count
Glad OdorShield Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags, Gain Original, 100 Count
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good garbage bags, February 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I haven't had any issues with these garbage bags splitting or leaking, which is a good thing. The big box comes with 2 rolls of 50 bags. The bags are not attached to each other on the roll, so they pull out easily. They fit tall kitchen bins (13 gallon) and have a drawstring top for closure and disposal. They smell like fresh laundry. I initially found this a bit overpowering, but the open box soon lost some of its potency. (Note: If you're sensitive to smells, then this might be something to consider before purchasing.) Now a new bag in the kitchen bin smells pleasant, not overwhelming. I find after about 30 minutes I can't smell it from a distance, but it's taking care of the garbage I put in the bin. Smelly smells and odiferous offenses (like onion peels) are noticeably negated. Overall, seems another quality Glad product.

HoMedics SP-100H 3D Shiatsu and Vibration Massage Pillow with Heat
HoMedics SP-100H 3D Shiatsu and Vibration Massage Pillow with Heat
Offered by 2015 Beauty
Price: $65.00
3 used & new from $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Eases my aching neck, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use a computer all day, and I often end up with neck aches as a result. I tried this shiatsu massage pillow in the hope that it would help alleviate some of that at the end of the day. I am happy to say that it does. The massage rollers felt a little weird to me at first, as they are very firm, and I have to jiggle the pillow to get it positioned right. I have to be careful that they don't pinch, but this is probably just my inexperience with this sort of device.

I find that just after 5-10 minutes of use, I can really feel the pain going away. At the end of my short sessions, I feel wonderfully relaxed and while not always entirely pain free, it does make it a lot better. It really does ease muscle tenseness, which sometimes is a cause of pain and discomfort.

There's also a vibration mode, which I find very strong, and heat. Modes are: Massage, Vibration, Massage and Vibration together, and Heat. You can have Heat by itself or with any of the other modes.

All the buttons and controls are recessed inside the pillow, so that only a sewn patch on the outside tells you where they are and what they do. I personally find them difficult to operate 'blind,' when the pillow is behind my head or shoulders. I think an inline control switch on the power cord would have been better, but that's just my opinion.

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised how well this device work. I've used other heat and/or vibration pillows before, but nothing with the shiatsu massage. I think I'll look for that next time I need to buy one. I like it.

Mediasonic ProRaid HUR3-SU3S3 2 Bay 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA Support UASP and SATA III 6.0Gbps Speed
Offered by Mediasonic Store
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $74.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my XBOX ONE, February 13, 2015
I purchased this enclosure exclusively for use with my XBOX ONE game console. I filled it with two x 2GB hard drives, and set it up in SINGLE MODE. The enclosure also supports RAID 0 (striping), RAID 1 (mirroring), and JBOD (spanning) modes. I used the supplied USB 3.0 cable (also comes with an e-sata cable) for connection.

Adding the hard drives was very easy, and involved screwing the supplied handles to the drives and slotting them in place in the enclosure. Before using this with my XBOX console, I first plugged the unit into my computer and used "Drive Management" to format the drives to Windows. Then I plugged the enclosure into my XBOX ONE via USB 3.0. The console instantly recognized the external storage and asked me if I wanted to format one or both of the drives for installing and playing games from. I said "yes." If I'd have said "no," then the drives still would have been accessible on XBOX ONE but useable only for photos and videos. After that, I was able to copy my existing installed games to the new drives and play from there. Strangely, games seemed to load faster than they did with the internal XBOX ONE hard drive.

The enclosure is very quiet and I can't hear it running when playing. I have the fan set on AUTO. The enclosure features power syncing, so it goes off when I turn off my console. It takes up a very small footprint on the shelf under my XBOX ONE, but adds a huge amount of space. One of the things that drew me to this enclosure by Mediasonic is that it comes with all the hardware you need (except the actual hard drives, of course). They even give you a screwdriver! However, I did not receive (nor need) the CD that is shown in the product picture.

This is a really great enclosure that fills a variety of different roles, and so far it has performed perfectly with my XBOX ONE. It was a fantastic way for me to add more hard drive space (of my choosing) to my console. Recommended.

TP-LINK Archer T8E AC1750 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter, 2.4Ghz 450Mbps + 5Ghz 1300Mbps, 3T3R MIMO
Offered by Network Giant
Price: Click here to see our price
9 used & new from $66.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast LAN, does not drop connections, February 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have an AC1900 router, so I've been looking to upgrade my aging Wireless-N adapter to something faster for my home network. I had previously tried the TP-LINK Archer T4U AC1200 USB adapter, but after a few weeks I returned it because of constant dropouts. I am very happy that this internal NIC card is rock solid in that department, and in the weeks I've been using it, it has not dropped out once.

Installation was straight forward—install the hardware, then the drivers from the included CD. The adapter took up the PCIe slot right under my video card, meaning it sort of blocks my video card's fan. I thought this might be a problem and cause either the video card or the NIC adapter to overheat, but my case has a side panel fan pointed directly at both these, and so far so good.

It has three antenna on the back, which is better than two, but I wish it included a desk extension for two reasons:

1) Since the adapter sits is directly under my video card, it means these external antenna have to be angled around my monitor cables on the outside (back) of my PC. I run dual monitors, so there's nowhere for the antennas to go except around and through the monitor cables. As such, it's impossible for me to point the antennas straight up, as recommended.

2) Having an extension to reposition the antenna array to the top of my desk would (I believe) improve my signal strength. Right now, with my PC living on the floor (so the antennas are consequently down near the floor) and against the wall, my signal strength is 92% and my rate is 1053Mbps (which is still great!) on my 5GHz band. I'd like to get the full 1300Mbps by being able to reposition the antenna.

But that being said, it's still triple the speed of my old Wireless-N. I'm really impressed with how rock solid the connection is; great performance. For that alone, I would recommend this adapter to anyone wanting to upgrade to Wireless-AC.

Final notes: To get the best out of this AC adapter, you'll need to have a compatible AC router. If you only have a Wireless-N router, then you won't ever see the advertised Wireless-AC speeds. This adapter is backward compatible to work with Wireless-N routers, but the max you'll ever see from a Wireless-N router is 300Mbps. Also, this adapter doesn't 'speed up your internet connection,' per se; it speeds up the connection between your computer and your router (which admittedly makes it seem like your internet connection is faster because data transfer on your LAN is faster!).

ZAGG Folio Case, 10-Inch, Autofit Hinged with Bluetooth Keyboard for Android and Windows Tablets - Black (ANS1IN-BB0)
Price: $88.25
3 used & new from $79.42

4.0 out of 5 stars 10-inch folio review, February 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This folio is the closest I have come to turning my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1" tablet into a 'real' laptop. I've tried other folios in the past, but this one by ZAGG truly has a laptop feel.

The folio consists of a hard plastic shell, which emulates a laptop's outer case, but also means that this isn't really a protective cover for my tablet. There is some minor softness to the top texture of the case, but not enough that I would trust it to protect against drops. All the corners are solid plastic.

Since this is a 'universal fit' folio, there is no cutout in the lid for a camera, but all of the buttons and ports of my Galaxy Tab Pro are accessible due to the open design of the folio. For those wanting to know, the keyboard DO NOT touch the tablet screen when closed, so there's no chance of scratches. Unfortunately, closing the folio lid does not turn off the tablet automatically, but my tablet has an auto sleep so this is not an issue for me.

Unlike other folios that are made of flexible material, this solid case has a proper hinged lid (like a laptop). The downside of this is that you can't bend the lid back and tuck it under the keyboard side to use your tablet as a tablet, but the upside is that this hinge means you can position the lid/tablet for any viewing angle--no restrictions. The idea of this folio is to use it on a desk like a laptop.

The "autofit" spring-loaded attachment system is ingenious. It makes adding or removing my tablet simple and quick. Because this is a 'universal' folio made to fit various sized 10-inch tablets, my Galaxy Tab Pro has about a half-inch of space to spare, each side, when it's mounted in the folio. It mounts securely, held in place by the padded spring bar, but is easy to remove when I want.

I found this a snap to pair with my Galaxy Tap Pro. I also simultaneously pair a Bluetooth mouse for a true laptop experience. This also means I use the tablet's touchscreen less, which does make the folio lid wobble a bit. I own other Bluetooth keyboards, and I have to say this is one of the best keyboards I've used. It has no lag at all, making it a joy to type on, especially if you type fast. The 10-inch folio keyboard is a very acceptable size. I have a 10.1" ultralight laptop too, and this has the same size keyboard.

The chiclet-style keys have just the right tactile feel to them--not quite bouncy but not sluggish either. The keycap letters are big, bold, white, and easy to see (note: the keyboard is not backlit). There are also some quick access controls (on top of the function keys) for email, web, home, etc, as well as music player controls that work great with my Amazon mp3 app.

The folio has a rechargeable battery that powers the keyboard only. It is purported to last up to a year on a single charge. I've only had the folio for about a month so I can't attest to that, but I can say that I topped off the charge when I first got it and haven't touched it since. By the way, you can check your charge by pressing the fn and ctrl keys at the same time. The light on the left side of the keyboard (near the power switch) will flash one of these sequences: three green lights meaning 50% or more battery remaining, three yellow lights meaning 25-49% charge, or three red lights meaning less than 25% charge. It will also flash red once every five minutes when battery level is critically low.

This is my first ZAGG product so I can't compare it to other ZAGG products. Rating this folio on its own merits, I knocked off a star for the minor things mentioned above, but rate it an above average 4-stars for ingenuity and the excellent Bluetooth keyboard. If you're looking for a true laptop experience with your tablet, then the ZAGG 10-Inch Autofit Folio is worthy of your consideration.

Taylor 5924 Food Service Classic Series Freezer-Refrigerator Thermometer, Large Dial
Price: $6.37
39 used & new from $2.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Large, easy to read dial, January 25, 2015
I already had a different brand thermometer in my fridge, so I purchased two of these--one for my fridge's freezer, and one for my standalone separate upright freezer. When the new thermometers arrived in a box, I was a little disappointed that they both read different temps, although they were within 5 degrees of each other. So I let them stand in the same room at room temp for about an hour and checked them again. I was pleased to find they now both read exactly the same. I guess the shipping box and morning spent on the UPS delivery truck was the cause for the miss-read.

To further test accuracy, I placed both these new thermometers in my upright freezer, along with my older thermometer from my fridge, which has always been accurate. Within hours, all three read the same temp.

A couple of things I really like about the Taylor 5924 thermometer:

1) The large dial. I was expecting it to be smaller, so I was pleasantly surprised at how big and easy to read it is.

2) The color-coding on the dial. It allows me to see at a glance whether my freezer is in the light blue freezer range, the purple refrigerator zone, or the bright yellow danger zone.

Overall, the two thermometers I received worked great and are accurate--to the best of my ability to test them. I've very pleased with the Taylor 5924 thermometer and would recommend and/or buy them again.

Cesar Home Delights Beef Stew Flavor Wet Food Tray for Small Dogs, 3.5-Ounce, 24-Pack
Price: $32.09
2 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fussy Chihuahua approved, January 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 14-year-old Chihuahua loves most of the Cesar brand wet dog foods. The tray is just the right amount (3.5oz) of food for one serving. But she is a little fussy, so introducing a new flavor could have gone either way. I was delighted that she took to this Beef Stew flavor without hesitation. I love the texture of beef strips and real veggies—it looks and smells great. And my dog seems to think it tastes pretty good too! It's hard to find something that she likes, and I'm thrilled she likes this. Beef Stew is another one on the shopping list of Cesar flavors to buy.

Linksys AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender with High-Gain Antennas (RE6500HG-FFP)
Linksys AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender with High-Gain Antennas (RE6500HG-FFP)
Price: $99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup, connects 'dead zone' devices, but drops signal (for me), January 12, 2015
INTRODUCTION:
I was interested in this Range Extender to extend my existing router's reach to a back bedroom, which has been a notorious 'dead zone' for all wireless devices. Previously, the computer in that room used a homemade 'wok-fi' (google it) setup.

SETUP:
The Range Extender is extremely easy to set up, and there is no setup CD required. Out of the box, I attached the antennas, plugged in the power and situated the range extender in the back bedroom. I waited for the blinking light on top to become a solid light. Then I went to my computer (not the one in the back bedroom) and refreshed my wifi networks to see the "Linksys Extender Setup" in the list of available networks. I then opened my browser and went to 192.168.1.1, found my existing home network in the list, clicked it, put in the network password. (If you have a dual band router, then you may have to run this setup twice to connect both bands. I have a dual band Linksys router but I only needed to run the setup one time.)

Finally, I waited about 30 seconds for it to complete, and give me a "print these settings" page. After the setup, the Range Extender no longer showed an SSID in my network list, but my computers and tablets and devices now connect to my existing router through it with a much stronger signal.

UTILITY:
You can also access the browser-based utility after you complete the setup via Windows Explorer, if you need to tinker with the settings afterward:
1. Open Windows Explorer (File Explorer in Windows 8). Click Network. On the right panel, look for the "RE6500" icon in the Network Infrastructure section.
2. Right-click the "RE6500" icon, then Properties. Click on the address link in Device webpage. A popup will prompt for a Username and Password.
3. Leave the Username blank, and enter the default password "admin."
4. Click OK.

PERFORMANCE:
Initially, I was very happy that my back bedroom computer and Amazon Fire TV stick could both connected to my router with a stronger signal--25% up to 90%. But very soon, I started getting dropouts on the TV (frozen image) and dropped packets on the computer (random disconnects from games). Unplugging the Ranger Extender made this go away, and even though my 'wok-fi' signal strength is not as strong, at least that didn't drop the connection. I tested this several times to make sure it was the Range Extender causing the drops, and determined that it was.

To fix this, I tinkered with the Range Extender settings. My router was set on AUTO channel and AUTO frequency, so I put these on a set channel and a set frequency for both 2.4 and 5.0 bands. Next I logged into the Range Extender utility and did the same on the Range Extender (ie: took them off AUTO channel and frequency and made both same settings as my router). This stopped the dropped connections, but it did also impact performance. I suggest trying this if the Range Extender seems to intermittently drop your internet connection (while it scans and changes channels).

IN THE BOX:
The Linsys AC1200 (RE6500) Range Extender, 2 x HG antennas, power adapter, quick start guide (single sheet), documentation. A detailed User Guide is available for download at Linksys.

CONCLUSION:
I'm split on this device. While it does extend router signals into previously difficult-to-access areas, (I found that) it does so at a cost (ping and speed). And once connected to my home network, all my devices connect to the internet through it, meaning computer and devices that previously didn't have any signal difficulties are now saddled with higher latency and slightly slower speeds. However, if you are not a gamer (where ping time is critical), this is something you may or may not even notice in general usage. And to be fair, maybe this is just something to do with my internet signal, not the Range Extender. So I'm "sitting in the middle" based on my experiences, and give the Linksys AC1200 Range Extender 3-average-stars.

Five Star Travel Case to Fit iPads/Tablets and Small Laptops, Black (72404)
Five Star Travel Case to Fit iPads/Tablets and Small Laptops, Black (72404)
Price: $14.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable for the price, January 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unlike all my other 'single pocket' device sleeves, I was interested in this one by Five Star because has 'multiple pockets' inside, under the Velcro flap, for several items and organization. I have a 10.1" tablet, a Bluetooth keyboard, and a Bluetooth mouse. I had hoped this sleeve would be big enough for me to store/carry all three in those multiple pockets, but alas it is just a tad too thin to do so.

There is no gusset in the sleeve at all, which mean anything wider than a tablet and a spiral notebook really won't fit. There is plenty of width, with external dimension of approx 13.5" x 10.5" (inner dimensions are smaller), just no real depth for multiple items to go inside the multiple pockets. Granted, my tablet is in a protective cover, as is my Bluetooth keyboard, which does add bulk to both devices. When I take them out of their covers, they do fit snugly together inside the sleeve, but I bought those protective device covers for a reason. This sleeve does not seem to offer the same level of protection against accidental drops as my device covers. I would only use this sleeve inside another bag, such as in a padded backpack or computer bag.

The sleeve features three large inner pockets for organizing (thin) items. In addition, there is a diagonal zipped pocket on the front, which is great for anything needing depth, such as my Bluetooth mouse or some cables and a charger. The crisscross cut of the inner pockets is great for at-a-glance organization. One of the pockets has a felt lining--I presume for a tablet--and there is also a small cellphone-sized mesh pouch sewn on the front pocket.

This sleeve is reasonable for the price, and may work better for others than it did for me. If it had a small expanding side gusset, allowing it to better accommodate multiple items, then it would have earned its 'five star' moniker. As it is, I give it three-and-a-half stars, rounded up to four for being a 'pocketed' organizing sleeve.

NOTE: In case anyone needs to know, it also fits my 11" laptop or my Chromebook (not at the same time!), but with either of these devices stored inside, there is no room (depth) for anything else.

Kitchen Pro by WearEver Nonstick Fry Pans, 10 and 12-Inch, 2-Piece Set, Black
Kitchen Pro by WearEver Nonstick Fry Pans, 10 and 12-Inch, 2-Piece Set, Black
Price: $29.99
7 used & new from $15.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pans, but no lids, December 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For aluminum lightweight pans without a separate base, I was impressed with the way these pans cooked food evenly. They heat fast, and nothing seems to stick. I really like that the non-stick coating is made without PFOA (PerFluoroOctanoic Acid), which the EPA has taken steps to eliminate by 2015. The big grip handles are easy to hold onto, and remain cool during cooking. My only complaint is that there are no lids, and none of my other cookware lids will fit so I am back to using a mesh splatter screen. Other than that, I think these pans are a great addition to my existing cookware set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20