Profile for Koala1356 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 325

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Koala1356 RSS Feed (FL, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OXO Good Grips Healthy Portions Analog Scale, 16-Ounce
OXO Good Grips Healthy Portions Analog Scale, 16-Ounce
Price: $14.17
5 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for portion control, October 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a fan of OXO kitchen gear. They make good quality, good looking items. That being said, I was excited to try this Healthy Portions Analog Scale.

PROS:
• Small and convenient to store (or carry in a purse)
• No batteries, manual zeroing
• Measure in ounces or grams
• Flip the bowl over to make the storage lid
• The clever design allows for easy reading of the dial, even when the bowl is attached and in use
• I found this scale to be accurate

CONS:
• None that I've found!

I wanted a compact, lightweight scale for my kitchen to measure food portions. This scale does not use batteries (it is not digital) which is another plus in my book. It measures up to 16 ounces (500 grams) in its bowl, in increments of 4 ounces (5 grams). The easy-to-read analog scale is a snap to zero and in my tests I have found it to be accurate. The scale fits easily into a drawer with other kitchen gadgets. With the bowl snapped into place for storage, it measures roughly 2-inches high and roughly 5.5-inches diameter. Another quality OXO product. I love it.

National Geographic NG 7300 Shoulder Pad
National Geographic NG 7300 Shoulder Pad
Price: $11.88
21 used & new from $11.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my bag a lot more comfortabe to carry, October 14, 2014
I purchased this to go on a bag with a 1.5" webbed strap. It really makes carrying the bag a lot more comfortable. Plus, my bag no longer slips off my shoulder, and when I wear the bag "cross body" it doesn't dig into the side of my neck either. The shoulder pad is easy and simple to fasten to any strap. It does not need to the "threaded through" the strap, rather wraps around the bag's strap and closes in place with velcro. Recommended for tired shoulders and grazed necks everywhere.

Airplane Repo Season 2
Airplane Repo Season 2
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High flying entertainment, October 14, 2014
"Airplane Repo" is a reality show from the Discovery Channel that follows the daring-do of three highly specialized repo men and their teams--Ken Cage and Danny Thompson; Kevin Lacey and his protégé, Heather Sterzick; and solo operator, Mike Kennedy.

These guys (and gal) are in the business of taking back the super high-end toys from the rich but deadbeat debtors who don't make good on their loan payments. While all teams carry all the necessary paperwork and authority that legally entitles to remove an aircraft from its payment-skipping owner, these repo men go about their business by side-stepping into a more gray area of the law... namely 'stealing' planes. This cloak and dagger operation is often the only way to avoid conflict with airport personnel and security, and avoid bodily harm to the repo team, as they do their job and swiftly recover the asset for the lending bank.

And boy, does that make for entertaining television!

Much has been questioned about the show's authenticity. Like most viewers, I realize that this is 'a television show' and that sometimes it may be necessary to do a second take, or shoot something from a different camera angle--a detail that has led some critics to insist the show is entirely 'staged' or 'faked.' I call no foul; "Airplane Repo" is no more 'faked' than any other reality show on television. You can't convince me that those other reality shows don't do second takes to make better television and/or a better viewer experience.

Instead, I prefer to let myself go along for the thrill ride, and be part of those high-end, specialized repo jobs. There's never a dull moment with these guys, especially when the aircraft being repossessed is an unknown quantity, with an unknown maintenance history that can quickly put a pilot's life in jeopardy. Many of these planes have been intentionally sabotaged by their owners, who anticipate their toys being taken away. Rather than let the bank repossess them, these debtors will go to dangerous lengths to ensure no one else can have their planes either. Other times, the planes are hangared for genuine mechanical faults of one sort or another; yet other times they are snatched by the guys from right under the unsuspecting owner's nose.

I purchased a season pass for "Season 2" in HD. I have a smart TV running the Amazon app. The show aired live on Friday nights on the Discovery Channel, and my episodes appeared in my Amazon list on Saturday afternoon. The hardest thing was waiting to watch them! The instant video episodes are complete and run about 42 minutes each (give or take). They have no commercials, but they do include the little 60-second teaser that you see mixed in with the commercials on the Discovery Channel. My purchase came with four download licenses to other devices, and unlimited viewing on my TV, computer, android tablet (with the new "Amazon Prime for Android" app).

I've enjoyed every moment I've spent with Ken and Danny, Kevin and Heather, and daredevil Mike. I'm disappointed "Season 2" is already over after just eight episodes, but I'm thoroughly looking forward to "Season 3" (please, make this, Discovery Channel!). In the meantime, I sincerely hope that Amazon secures whatever rights it needs to offer fans "Season 1" of this entertaining, high-flying hour of television.

Dirt Devil SD40050 Dash Bagless Canister
Dirt Devil SD40050 Dash Bagless Canister
Price: $91.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for hard floors, not so good on carpet, October 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
PROS:
+ Long, auto-retractable cord
+ Washable filters
+ Easy-empty bagless canister
+ Great suction on hardwood and tile
+ Lightweight, scoots along in my wake—'Dash' is aptly named
+ Large foot buttons for power "on/off" and "cord retract"
+ Long hose
+ Works well on hardwood and tile floors
+ Suction valve on the handle for controlling suction

CONS:
- Bit flimsy feeling where the wand meets the hose
- Tool attachment is pretty useless
- Not really suitable for carpet. Despite a 'carpet' brush setting on the foot, it just skips across the pile
- No rotating brushes on the foot, which limits effectiveness of picking up hair etc.

OVERALL:
I love this little vacuum for an everyday 'dash' around the house, but I will still be keeping my Hoover upright for thorough cleaning. The Dash is lightweight and easy to push around, and it has great suction on hardwood and tile floors. The bagless canister is easy to empty; it literally snaps off and on in two seconds. Big foot buttons make operation easy. I thoroughly recommended the Dirt Devil Dash for hardwood and tile floors. I don't recommend it if your house is primarily carpet and/or rugs.

Belkin Air Protect Case for Chromebooks (B2A069-C00)
Belkin Air Protect Case for Chromebooks (B2A069-C00)
Price: $47.82
23 used & new from $39.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for small laptops, Perfect for Chromebooks, September 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this case for my Acer Chromebook. The Chromebook fits perfectly, and the suction cup feature works very well—I open the case, it opens my Chromebook. The 'eggshell' base where my Chromebook sits, held in place by two elasticized corner straps, is very well padded. The 'eggshell' design funnels away heat from the bottom of the device.

This case is extremely well-constructed. It's padded and reinforced all the way around, but without adding unnecessary, unwanted weight. Just handling it you can tell it's a quality build. The exterior has a fully-gusseted, zippered side pocket that expands to about 2-inches—great for a mouse, cables, charger, and a lot more. The bottom of the case has two non-slip skids for use on, say, an airplane tray table, as well as a clear window pocket for ID, which aids the quick identification of 'my' case.

The adjustable webbed shoulder strap comes with a shoulder pad attached, so there's no need to hunt one down for an additional buy unless you want something thicker. The strap easily clips on and off the case with heavy duty 'dog leash' style clips. There is also a built in, retractable, carry handle that makes the case easy to grab without using the strap.

While this case does also fit my 11-inch HP laptop, the laptop's textured lid and back-facing camera negates the use of the suction cup feature. This case is really tailor made for a Chromebook, and it serves that function extremely well.

Samsung LEVEL over Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by BLUE LIGHT BARGAINS
Price: $316.42
14 used & new from $249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium headphones, September 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow. This was my first reaction to unboxing the Samsung LEVEL Over (the ear) headphones. Even at first glance, these headphones scream quality. They come with a carry/storage case and a little zipped pouch of accessories, which includes a USB charge cable, a 3.5mm cable, and an airplane seat adapter. They can be used either wired (with devices via 3.5mm jack) or wireless via Bluetooth.

CONSTRUCTION:
At this price point you would expect very high quality and these headphones do not disappoint. The headband is metal, not heavy plastic, and everything just feels well made. The headband expands to fit different sized heads, but the earcups do not fold flat, which makes them a bit cumbersome for storage.

COMFORT & FIT:
The padding on the underside of the headband and ear cups is buttery soft. I have worn these for several hours at a time and found them extremely comfortable because they fit over my entire ear. In hot weather they can become a little warm, since they enclose my ear and although breathable, do not allow air to circulate.

CHARGING:
The headphones require 2.5 hours to charge via USB (cable included), and have a reported 15 hours talk/listen time. I have not timed this, but I do know they seem to last a very long time between charges. They can also be used passively when the battery is flat, however both the noise cancelling feature and the touchpad controls won't work while in this mode.

SOUND:
Simply put, they sound exceptional to me. I have used these with my desktop computer for gaming and mp3s, and with my android tablet for music. The sound fidelity is amazing; crystal clear highs and rich bass.

"SOUNDALIVE" APP:
The optional "SoundAlive" android app adds an equalizer for even better sound on a tablet or phone, plus the ability to use "3D sound," and add "bass boost" or "clarity boost." The app also shows battery level, and can be set up for text-to-speech reminders of messages, alarms, and appointments. Strangely, the volume, fwd/bwd track section, stop/play cannot be controlled via the "SoundAlive" app.

NOISE CANCELLING:
I've tried other noise cancelling headphones before, and these are the best I've heard. My office has a fan running all the time and when I flip the NC switch, I can no longer hear the fan, just my music. This is also great for when I used these headphones with my phone. It makes the person I am talking to so much clearer and easier to hear without the drone of background noise.

TOUCH CONTROLS:
Unlike other headphone and headsets I own, the Samsung LEVEL Over has no control buttons. It's all done on the right earcup via a touchpad and touch gestures. Touch the center of the earcup then swipe "up" or "down" to increase or decrease volume, "left" or "right" to go forward or backward a track, "double tap" to start/stop a track, or answer/end a phone conversation Finally something intuitive, and no more fumbling for the button I can't see while wearing the headphones.

BUILT-IN MICROPHONE:
Looking at these headphones you would assume they are just for "listening" but they have a built-in microphone and work great with my phone. The best part is, I can finally drink my coffee while using these without running the risk of dipping a microphone arm in the cup!

CONNECTION:
These headphones can be connected to any device with a 3.5mm jack via the included cable, or via Bluetooth. The wired connection cable has volume controls built into the included cable, since the touchpad controls don't work while wired.

INCLUDED ACCESSORIES:
The Samsung LEVEL Over comes with a zippered clamshell carry/storage case, which is felt lined to prevent scratches. There is a webbed handle on one end of the case. Because the earcups do not lie flat, the case is pretty big--approx: 8.75" x 8.25" x 3.25". Inside is a small, soft-sided, half-moon zippered pouch which holds the USB charging cable, the 3.5mm wired cable, and the airplane seat adapter. This little pouch velcros onto the inside of the case to keep everything handy.

CONCLUSION:
The Samsung LEVEL Over headphones are in that same price point with other high quality, name brand, noise cancelling headphones, and they do not disappoint with their excellent sound, comfort, solid construction, and innovative touchpad features. If you're looking for something at this price point, then these are definitely worth a look.

SoundBot® SB340 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Universal Plug and Play Dongle Class 2 Transmitter (Newest Bluetooth Version Available) Ready Adapter w/ 3Mbps Data Transfer Rate and 10 meters Range, Compatible w/ Windows WIN8 WIN7 Vista 2003 XP 2000 Me 32/64 Bit and Wireless USB 2.4GHz
Offered by Primo Super-store
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me but..., August 29, 2014
I purchased this SB340 Bluetooth adapter from Soundbot specifically for use with a keyboard, mouse, and headset on my desktop computer (normally I used these with my Win 8 laptop or android tablet). The adapter works fine for me on my Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) desktop. I can connect and use all three devices simultaneously--in fact I am using the keyboard and mouse to write this review. However, there was one snag.

Here's my experience: I plugged the adapter into a USB slot on my computer, and Windows 7 immediately found drivers for it. I quickly paired my headset, keyboard, and mouse to see if they worked. Within a minute I had all three paired and usable. Very easy to set up; I was pleased. So I then decided to install the Soundbot drivers supplied on the mini CD, because the drivers from the company had to be better and/or offer extra features, right? So I first I deleted all three of my Bluetooth devices from "My Devices" and started over with a clean slate, nothing paired.

I installed the CD. The Soundbot drivers quickly found my devices, but kept telling me that none of my devices could be paired--"make sure they are discoverable", "failed to pair" etc. I attempted this multiple times, each with the same result. Nothing paired. Frustrated, I deleted all failed attempts from "My Devices", uninstalled the Soundbot drivers, and went back to the default Microsoft drivers. Guess what? All three of my devices again paired within a minute, and now work perfectly.

In conclusion, my advice is to uninstall anything from Soundbot and just go with the default Microsoft drivers, and hopefully you'll have the same success that I did with the Soundbot SB340 Bluetooth Adapter. I'm giving the adapter 3-average-stars because it did work as a Bluetooth adapter for me, but I found the included drivers worthless.

***REVIEW UPDATE***

I installed the Toshiba drivers as mentioned by other reviewers (google "BT-stack-64bit-toshiba") and I am now very impressed with the sound quality coming over my BT headset. I've upped my review of the SB340 adapter to 4-stars. The Toshiba drivers have a great user interface/control panel for connecting and managing BT devices as well. I recommend you try these drivers with the SB340 adapter.

Dell WM524 Wireless BT Travel Mouse (F7TJK)
Dell WM524 Wireless BT Travel Mouse (F7TJK)
Offered by MY TECHNOLOGIES, INC
Price: $33.99
25 used & new from $18.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my Android tablet, August 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked up this Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse for use with my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1" tablet. It works great. It was easy to pair, and I am able to click icons on my tablet with the mouse cursor. The scroll wheel (which has a slight 'click' feel to it) navigates through my tablet pages with ease. I also paired the WM524 with my Windows 8 laptop just as a test, and it worked perfectly with that too.

There is only one power button--press to turn the mouse on/off, long press to enter pairing mode. There are two side buttons on the WM524 that I find to be placed a little awkwardly. The left side 'thumb' button is (for me) situated too far back to be easy to find and use, and I can't even work the button on the right side of the mouse with my pinky. Since the documentation says both side buttons have the same function, I can only surmise that this is not a really 'pinky' button, but rather that the WM524 mouse accommodates both left and right handed users with a 'thumb' button.

The WM524 is sort of boxy in design--not too ergonomic, but not uncomfortable either. It is slightly larger in size that my USB Logitech M325 travel mouse and does not fit my palm in quite the same snug way. The WM524 is powered by two AA batteries which give it a nice weight/feel. It glides nicely on one large rectangular foot.

Overall, I found this to be an inexpensive, standard shape, Bluetooth mouse that was easy to pair with my devices. It worked well for me "out of the box" on both my Windows 8 laptop and my Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Tide Free & Gentle HE Laundry Detergent 57 Count
Tide Free & Gentle HE Laundry Detergent 57 Count
Price: $19.83
7 used & new from $18.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, clean well, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'd never tried Tide laundry pods before so I wasn't sure what to expect. These little pods are liquid laundry detergent in a gel-like casing that, much like dishwasher detergent pods, dissolves with water and releases the detergent. I like how quick and easy they are to add to a load of wash. No more measuring liquid detergent in a cap, or dealing with drips and spills. I just toss one in with a load of clothes.

Being Free & Gentle, they have no scent, but that doesn't seem to affect the cleaning power. My laundry still comes out looking and smelling clean (without an artificial scent). I have a front loading LG HE washer. I put them directly into the clothes drum with the laundry, not in the detergent dispenser. I also wash in cold water.

The Tide pods come in a plastic container, packed 57 count for 57 loads (or 2 can be used for heavier soiled loads). I worry that if one little pod splits inside the container, the liquid detergent will dissolve the rest of them. Dry hands are a must while handling! Overall, I find Tide pods quick, convenient, gentle without any added scents, and they wash well, but I personally feel they are a tad on the expensive side when compared to 100 ounces (84 loads) of my regular (not Tide brand) liquid laundry detergent. 4-stars for the product itself.

[USB 3.0 & Tool-free ] Inateck 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 HDD SATA External Hard Drive Disk Enclosure Case for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD
Offered by Inateck Online
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars "New Release" version, July 24, 2014
This all-plastic enclosure is nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. It requires no tools to add a drive; one side slides off like a battery cover. I simply connected my drive into the interface connectors inside, then slid the plastic cover back on until it clipped into place. There is a stuck-on bit of foam on the underside of the lid, which holds the drive snugly inside so it won't rattle around. I added a 120gb Crucial SSD to this enclosure. It comes with a USB 3.0 cable. Inexpensive solution that works.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20