Profile for William R Robertson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

William R Robertson RSS Feed

Warwolf
Warwolf
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice but grisly read, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Warwolf (Kindle Edition)
I've loved Pearson ever since Short History of a Small Place. But this is the first of his books which seems primed for a screenplay. The Coen brothers could do wonderful things with it.

Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to VGA Cable in White 15 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and service, March 6, 2012
The plug is very sturdy on both ends, and I really like the length. Used it to switch three different MacBooks between one projector and it worked very well.

When the Piano Stops: A Memoir of Healing from Sexual Abuse
When the Piano Stops: A Memoir of Healing from Sexual Abuse
by Catherine McCall
Price: $15.26
82 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A true call to arms for all, February 8, 2011
I know Catherine McCall as an excellent therapist. After reading her book, I can now say she is the most strong and courageous person I know. I thought there was nothing worse than a father raping his daughter. But Catherine experienced even more difficult horrors as a child.

Before this book, I didn't really understand how deeply repressed memories can be. As an adult, Catherine spent years making sure even the most brutal parts of her childhood were brought into focus. During parts of the book, I found myself screaming--don't go there! You have suffered enough! But as a therapist, Catherine continued to explore everything, and in doing so, found some healing.

When The Piano Stops may be the most honest book I have ever read. It is a blessing to us all that Catherine was willing to share all this with the approval of her husband and others. I can't imagine what effort it took for her to write this. The information in the appendix is indeed invaluable. But the story itself is a true call to arms for all of us to be aware of how prevalent child abuse is in our world. It moves me to want to act and do my part. Thank you, Catherine.