Profile for Kevin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Great price, July 8, 2013
For the money this is a great choice. It is made of plastic but it has held up very well on my rifle.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. 400 rounds total, zero malfunctions., August 8, 2011
5.56/ .223 ammo is expensive, I was looking for a cheaper alternative to buying a complete upper replacement for my AR to shoot the more economical .22LR round.I have been using this in my Daniel Defense m4v5 for a few months now with fantastic results. Fires everything from 36 grain (gr) federal and winchester bulk pack, but with the 1:7 barrel twist rate of my AR the 40 grain federal and CCI mini mags hold the tightest groups.This Kit will not turn your AR15 into a precision .22LR rifle, but I will let you train with the same gun (trigger, grip, optics, controls and other accessories) as your 5.56 helping build muscle memory. Accuracy is fine for my purposes, I can easily hit 6" steel plates at 50 yards. .22LR Ammo is some dirty stuff, but so far I have not cleaned my rifle or the conversion bolt, and on a recent outing fired 250 rounds of .22 with zero malfunctions (and did not clean from the last time shooting another 150). I do recommend that if you own a Direct Impingement AR that you fire a round or two of 5.56 to clean out the gas system of your gun prior to storage. After shooting 100+ rounds of the cheap stuff there is a bit of powder that gets pushed out buy the more powerful round. Some people may worry about shooting the .22 bullet from a .223 diameter barrel, but so far in the 400 rounds of .22LR total shooting for a total of over 1000 combined (5.56/.22), I have experienced no excess barrel wear or loss of accuracy with either .22 or 5.56.

Here is a quick recap:
3 mags, good reliability and capacity
stainless steel has worked flawlessly for me, and is a clear indicator that the .22 bolt is in the gun vs. the 5.56 bolt.
In my experience, point of impact has only been effected vertically due to the less powerful round, but within 50 yards the shift is minor.
no accelerated barrel wear, no negative impact on gas system (although I shoot full power prior to storage)

Bottom line: Buy it.

Micro Accessories Apl-2060-01 Mini DVI To VGA Adapter
Micro Accessories Apl-2060-01 Mini DVI To VGA Adapter
Offered by Skque Products
Price: $4.69
5 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Little cheap feeling but works with no issues, January 23, 2011
Bought this for my girlfriend so she could hook her Mac book pro to her 32" TV. First and foremost this thing works, the signal seems clear and we are both very happy with this product. The plastic feels a bit brittle and I suspect would break if it is not taken care of. Make sure there is no strain on the adapter and it will serve you well. I am giving this 5 based on the price and quality of signal, I would like to see stronger materials used but at this price you really can't complain.

SYLVANIA H6024 XtraVision Halogen Headlight (7" Round) PAR56, (Pack of 1)
SYLVANIA H6024 XtraVision Halogen Headlight (7" Round) PAR56, (Pack of 1)
Price: $13.98
4 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, January 23, 2011
I bought a pair of these lights for my 1988 Suzuki Samurai along with 4 off-road lights. The glass is clear and the lights are are bright, epically the high beams compared to the aging stock lights I had.

No complaints, lights are plug and play. Buy them.

Draggin' Shirt Natural Size X-Large - Motorcycle Apparel Made From 100% Kevlar®
Draggin' Shirt Natural Size X-Large - Motorcycle Apparel Made From 100% Kevlar®
Offered by Draggin' Jeans by Fast Company
Price: $129.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 23, 2011
I bought this along with the draggin jeans, and I could not be happier. I wear this shirt under a compression padded suit. this gives great abrasion resistance as a last line of defense against road rash. This shirt is not padded, nor is it intended to be. The mesh flows air just fine when moving. When combined with proper padding it makes for a good system of protection, which I have personally "tested" while out on the streets. The shirt was scuffed but was hardly worn.

I would not hesitate buying from this company again.

Devol Radiator Guards SR-0492
Devol Radiator Guards SR-0492
Offered by Powersport Superstore
Price: $106.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitting issues, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Devol Radiator Guards SR-0492
I really like this product, but there were some fitting issues on my Drz400s. I eventually rigged up a bracket to get it securely mounted. While the issue may have been my fault, I can say without a doubt that it helped protect my radiator during several "tests".