Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Damian Konopka > Reviews

Browse

Damian Konopka's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Damian Konopka RSS Feed (Philly)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Fault in Our Stairs: A Parody of John Green's Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stairs: A Parody of John Green's Fault in Our Stars
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical, September 4, 2014
for anyone who cried at the original....hahaha. Instant classic I laughed my pass off you will too. Buy it today...

Everything I Know
Everything I Know
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Needed To Know..., August 9, 2014
This review is from: Everything I Know (Kindle Edition)
Jarvis is a genius (although I'm sure he'd never say that). The non-stop nuggets of creative wisdom in this book have become daily fodder for me to chew on and digest (and PUSH myself to put into practice). Thanks, Paul, for sharing your wisdom. I am a better person, writer and web developer for it.

Choose Yourself!
Choose Yourself!
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kick in the pants, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
Start your "thing" TODAY and don't let anyone get in your way. Great book worth its weight in gold. Highly recommended.

Twittering from the Circus of the Dead
Twittering from the Circus of the Dead
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Short but tweet, June 28, 2014
I was expecting a bit more but for $.99 it's a refreshing format to read, ending was a bit disappointing.

Last of the Red Hot Poppas: A True Story of Band Life, Wild Sex and Recreational Drugs in the 60s and 70s
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tito Luv is the Real Deal - If you want to Form A Rock Band & Make Money, READ THIS BOOK!, June 27, 2014
Tito's book had me hooked by the first few paragraphs: "While fresh ideas can be considered holy, don't forget one of life's true blessings is to recognize reliable, trustworthy talent and the sooner, the better." So true!

Luv goes on to spin such a deeply knowledgeable & engrossing story about the music industry for up-and-coming bands that you can't help but be drawn in if you have any intentions of getting your own band some fame. The natural high of performing, they joy of getting paid for doing something you love, the partying, the groupies! Whew...

You will not be disappointed with all the "Titoisms" in the book and the sage advice Luv dispenses page after page. "The Last of The Red Hot Poppas" should be required reading for anyone interested in breaking into the music industry, at any level. Read it twice, take notes, and thank Luv for saving you tons of time and money.

Write Blog Posts Readers Love: A Step-By-Step Guide
Write Blog Posts Readers Love: A Step-By-Step Guide
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of new favorite authors!, May 26, 2014
I "borrowed" this Kindle book as a Prime member so it won't show me as a verified buyer, but I will say that I read Henri's ebook from first to last page and absolutely LOVED his writing style, no-nonsense attitude & soaked up all the fantastic information.

I recommend this book especially for anyone just starting their blogging career - Henri's practical advice would have been a great boon for me 8 years ago when I began, but it all still strongly resonated with me today. You cannot go wrong reading this book - at any stage of your blogosphere penetration. This guy knows A LOT, not just about blogging, but life in general and how it relates to your daily work. Pure genius.

I already purchased two more books by Henri and the one I started to read has also not disappointed ("How I Made Over $100,000 Online Doing What I Love"). Don't miss these gems!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2014 10:51 PM PDT

The World of Internet Marketing: The Basics
The World of Internet Marketing: The Basics
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent primer for venturing into Internet Marketing, April 21, 2014
Although I've been at this Internet Marketing gig for a more than a year now, I found Mr. Goodman's succinct and well documented book to contain a number of useful gems that I immediately applied to my current campaigns. Goodman has the background & experience to truly be branded as an expert, and he does not disappoint with up-to-date tips that can help turn any marketer's efforts (I'd say beginner to intermediate level) into potential gold. Plenty of links to follow for further information and I checked them all - 100% quality content. Goodman is apparently just getting started & his upcoming books should be additional proof that he is a leader in his field. Facebook, in particular, gets analyzed from an insider perspective and the author's advice appears to be on target with the short-term results I've already received. A deceptively easy read but worth its price tag. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

Buzzkill
Buzzkill
Price: $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on bipolar disorder I've ever read, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Buzzkill (Kindle Edition)
And as a sufferer, I've read a lot. Goodman gets right to the marrow of his story and it is raw and painful to read, having gone through similar situations. I did laugh out loud at times, he certainly has a disarming writing style, and knows more than your average bear about bipolar. I highly recommend Buzzkill for anyone diagnosed with a mental illness as well as for family & friends who will benefit from reading Goodman's cautionary tale.

Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition
Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition
by Michael A. Stelzner
Price: $19.40
78 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Biz Book I Have Read This Year Hands Down, July 1, 2011
The big takeaway from this review is that Michael Stelzner knows exactly what he is talking about because he has SUCCEEDED at applying all the principles he professes in this book. Wildly successful.

Everyone and his brother (or sister) wants to market an ebook or [insert any type of book] to you these days on the web, but most often have had little or no success generating the kind of success Michael has shown, especially with his website socialmediaexaminer.com. I confess I am an email subscriber to his site but I love to read every day whatever Michael has uncovered in the social media market. He knows what he's talking about because he has PROVEN that the concepts he (and his staff) write about work.

Do yourself a favor and grab this gem of a book for a measly $16 or so. You will not be disappointed. I've read dozens of business books this year, but "Launch" is the winner so far. I will be rereading and continue to make notes, applying the Elevation Principle and others to all the work I am doing.

Let It Be (33 1/3)
Let It Be (33 1/3)
by Colin Meloy
Price: $14.06
72 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Account of Growing Up to The Replacements, August 13, 2010
This review is from: Let It Be (33 1/3) (Paperback)
I've read the other reviews and I noticed the poorer ones concerned the fact that this is not a typical 33 1/3 book -- it is mainly the coming-of-age musings of The Decemberists' singer/songwriter Colin Meloy and how "Let It Be" had a major influence on his life and music.

If you've never heard of Colin Meloy or The Decemberists, I must be honest and say you may not enjoy this book nearly as much as I did. Meloy is one of the best at what he does at the present moment, and this nostalgic book takes us back to his elementary school days in Montana where there were only two local record stores that mostly sold Top 40 music.

It's Meloy's uncle that first introduces the him to The Replacements, and the record (actually cassette) was soon to be the main soundtrack for his adolescent years. You won't find Meloy picking through each song and breaking down what Paul Westerburg was thinking or feeling when he wrote them. Meloy talks about how these songs affected HIM, and he sparingly quotes lyrics that were comforting to him at the time, an awkward pre-teen who shied away from mainstream music once he heard such bands as Depeche Mode, Robyn Hitchcock, Guadalcanal Diary, and many others. "Let It Be" spoke to Meloy in grand ways, enabling him to grow up with a sense that *someone else* out there knew exactly how he felt.

This book brought back so many memories of my own youth (Meloy is 4 years younger than me) - listening to bands like R.E.M. and The Smiths and how my friends would just stare at me when I talked about them and couldn't believe I wasn't into AC/DC or Judas Priest. Bands like The Replacements changed my life, much like Meloy, opening up a a broad spectrum of emotions and feelings that made me feel like I was perhaps just a little different from my friends, but in no way odd. "Let It Be" the album is the soundtrack for an entire disaffected generation of music listeners raised on Top 40 but who rebelled against it. This book is a perfect complement.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3