Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for William Hees > Reviews

Browse

William Hees' Profile

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

William Hees RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Utopia Bedding Fitted Sheet, 100% Cotton for Maximum Softness and Easy Care, Elegant Double-Stitched Tailoring (Twin, White)
Offered by Utopia Deals
Price: $13.99
3 used & new from $6.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., April 12, 2015
The sheet works. It fits correctly. It's on my son's bed. He says it's comfortable.

Home Designer Suite 2015
Home Designer Suite 2015
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $99.99

2.0 out of 5 stars This software should be taken out back and shot., January 24, 2015
This review is from: Home Designer Suite 2015 (CD-ROM)
I hate this software. It is powerful in many ways, but there's just no excuse for how stupidly it does certain things. My current exasperation is caused by how it does stairs with landings. Without going into the gory details, I'll just say it makes a lot of bad automatic decisions as to how the pieces connect, and won't let you override it manually to make it work. I've wasted 2 hours on this one task and still can't get the software to make a set of stairs+landing+stairs.

Then there's the inability to move items into a desired location because the label showing the dimensions of that item will not fit in the picture of the room! WTF? Is this design software or is this a joke? There are several issues like that. It's just absolutely ridiculous.

Even though I do hate it this software, I'm giving it 2 stars because it does do some things. If you want to design a one-story house with no fixtures or rooms in it, maybe it's for you.

Conscious Capitalism, With a New Preface by the Authors: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business
Price: $9.79

1.0 out of 5 stars This version has no whispersync option, September 4, 2014
This product doesn't come with the whispersync option, when a very very very similar version of it does. So I just threw away ten bucks buying this one because that wasn't clear. Ugh.

Yes, this is not a review of the content of the book, as some might expect. It's a review of the product I bought. I bought a product, it's a complete waste of money, and others need to know that so they don't waste their money too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2014 7:43 AM PST

NETGEAR NeoTV Prime with Google TV Streaming Player (GTV100) (2012 model)
NETGEAR NeoTV Prime with Google TV Streaming Player (GTV100) (2012 model)
Offered by Jeremiahnsnj
Price: $89.00
17 used & new from $62.30

1.0 out of 5 stars browser is the only reason to buy it, and that's bad too, January 7, 2014
This device is awful. The reason I bought it is I needed a browser on my TV. Upon purchase I checked out the video streaming apps enough to see the general quality is poor and there's no Hulu Plus. I'll let other folks discuss that, and I'll just focus on the browser.

The browser is barely usable. You might conceivably want it anyway since the competition offers no browser at all, but you will not enjoy using it. When I bought it I had naive visions of evenings sitting on the couch surfing the web on my TV. Ha ha ha, what a joke. Every attempt ends in frustration.

I bought this device to watch browser-based lecture videos for an online class I'm taking. The videos sort of play but they look funny and the buttons don't work. Meanwhile, videos on comedycentral.com don't play at all on this device. Kindle Cloud Reader doesn't work at all (and the Kindle Android app is not compatible with this device). Plain text web pages seem to work okay but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Basically, this isn't your laptop's Chrome.

The mouse (touchpad) pointer disappears after 2 seconds so as to not distract from your TV viewing experience. Nice idea except it's completely stupid -- especially when you're not watching a video. Clicking a button takes 20x longer than it should. The pointer doesn't simply reappear when you touch the touchpad. No, you have to swipe the touch pad in specific way, thus the pointer isn't where you left it, and you have to position it again. If you linger too long, it disappears and you have to start all over again. There's no way to turn this feature off. Ugh.

The browser has a setting for a home page. I set the home page to a page I like. But there's no way to tell it to go to the home page. When you launch the browser sometimes it goes to the home page, sometimes it goes to the page you most recently visited -- apparently whichever it feels like. There's no way to tell it which, and there's no way to go to your home page from inside the browser, other than by calling it a bookmark and navigating the menus to go to a bookmark. It's ridiculous.

I'm slightly nearsighted. I normally watch TV without my glasses and can navigate other devices just fine that way (e.g. my Tivo Premiere). But the font is too small on the NetGear NeoTV Prime. Not just on the browser, everywhere. And there's no way to make it larger. Any time I turn on this device I have to get up and go get my glasses.

The QWERTY keyboard isn't backlit, thus isn't usable in the dark. The left/right/up/down buttons in the touchpad sometimes simply don't work; you have to leave whatever you're in and go back to the main menu for them to start working again. The off button on the remote doesn't turn off the TV, and there's no TV Input Selector button, so it requires two remotes to watch this device's content on your TV -- its remote and your TV remote (or in my case the Tivo remote). Lame.

In the YouTube app, the QWERTY keyboard does make it easy to type in titles of videos. Everything else about the YouTube app makes it hard to find videos, though. For example you can't seem to browse your YouTube subscriptions.

I haven't explored every detail of this product, but everything I have explored has turned out to be awful. This device is going in the trash as soon as anyone comes out with a competing device with a browser on it. Yes, the trash. I won't donate it or give it away because I don't want to inflict the frustration of using it onto anyone else. The people responsible for this product seeing the light of day should quit their jobs and seriously consider a change of career.

I thought about giving it 2 stars since it's not flat-out non-functional. But 1 star is supposed to mean "I hate it" and I do hate it, so 1 star it is.

Porcelain Broiler Pan with Chrome Grill
Porcelain Broiler Pan with Chrome Grill
Price: $16.99
10 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine., December 10, 2013
Product works well. It cleans up easily. It has a slightly cheap feel to it, but functionally it is fine.

InterDesign Classico Over-Tank Roll Reserve, Chrome
InterDesign Classico Over-Tank Roll Reserve, Chrome
Price: $11.49
4 used & new from $11.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of an awkward thing to use, December 10, 2013
You choose this when there's no good place to mount a standard TP holder. It's constructed well and it fits the tank okay, it's just kind of an awkward thing to use. We tried it for a week, then were ready to go back to just leaving the roll on top of the tank (until I found a different creative solution).

OEM SAMSUNG EB504465VA BATTERY SPH M910 INTERCEPT
OEM SAMSUNG EB504465VA BATTERY SPH M910 INTERCEPT
Offered by BuyCellular
Price: $4.68
29 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars OEM battery. Works., December 10, 2013
This is an original equipment battery; an identical replacement to the one in my 2011-era Samsung Sidekick (among others). It works. It holds a charge. I've had it maybe a month now. The one negative aspect is it was manufactured 3 years ago, according to the date stamped on the case. I'm not sure how much spent shelf life affects longevity, but it's a potential risk.

Birkenstock Unisex Arizona Sandal,Black Birko-Flor,42 N EU
Birkenstock Unisex Arizona Sandal,Black Birko-Flor,42 N EU
Offered by Friendly Company
Price: $89.95
22 used & new from $75.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable, but not particularly comfortable, July 6, 2013
I like the overall configuration -- slide-in with two straps. That's why I got these, to replace a similar style no-name pair I loved that finally wore out after many years.

This style is great for easily switching between barefoot and shod, yet it looks substantial enough to count as a shoe when you're in public, not like you're wearing something that only belongs on the beach.

I wish the fasteners of the Birks were velcro instead of buckles, so you could adjust them more precisely. (Velcro worked very well on my old no-name pair.)

Unfortunately the soles of the Birks are uncomfortable, for me anyway. There's a fairly deep foot-shaped indentation in the sole that looks like it's supposed to cradle your foot, except in my case the contours of my feet don't line up with the contours of the sole, so the high spot on the sole pokes into my foot. Also, this indentation tends to collect pebbles. If a pebble bounces onto the sandal it will fall in and stay under your foot rather than fall out. Too clever by half.

They are acceptable so I'm keeping them, because I cannot find any alternatives with the two straps. It's disappointing that I had to pay 3x the price of my old no-name pair for something not as comfortable.

Canon PIXMA MG5320 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One Printer (5291B019)
Canon PIXMA MG5320 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One Printer (5291B019)
23 used & new from $80.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly slow to start up (sometimes), June 13, 2013
This printer is incredibly slow to start up -- not all the time but often enough to be a problem -- maybe a third of the times I use it. You turn it on, it chugs away calibrating itself, motors running, squirting who knows how much of your expensive ink into nowhere, and several minutes later it finally prints your first page. That's unacceptable.

Samsung Replacement USB Data Charging Cable for Samsung SPH-M330, SCH-R100, SGH-T939, and SCH-R850 (Bulk Packaging)
Offered by Battery Assault
Price: $3.99
14 used & new from $0.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite right, May 13, 2013
This is not a Samsung-branded cable; it is a cheap knock-off. It works, but the micro USB connector doesn't fit smoothly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6