Profile for Christian Anime Girl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christian Anime Girl "Katie" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Diablo III - PC/Mac
Diablo III - PC/Mac
Price: $19.99
125 used & new from $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars For the PC version, it was a mess despite being a good game, September 3, 2014
Now I cannot say this is a bad game, because it has a good story, excellent graphics, awesome soundtrack, and great twists! It's also fun to play with friends, but the DRM of being constantly connected really wrecks the experience. As someone with not very stable Internet, to be rubber-banding in a single-player game can be quite a nuisance. I was lucky when that didn't happen during a certain boss battle (you may remember this boss from a certain first quest in Diablo 1, and he's even more frustrating to kill!) Another thing is, the game seemed short compared to the others, but I am sue the expansion fixed that. It was disappointing, since I had waited so long to play this, watching for years the progress and trailer videos and excited when it was coming! Hopefully one day they will release it without the DRM, or I'll just get the PS4 version (way out in the future, since I cannot afford that and had just been able to get a PS2...yeah....) since I hear that is free of all that. I did get this game when it was still fairly new (no expansion out yet) and just forgot to review it, but I do have hopes for the game still because of its console release which is why I am posting now~

Clover Omnibus Edition - CLAMP
Clover Omnibus Edition - CLAMP
by Clamp
37 used & new from $0.75

4.0 out of 5 stars The magic of negative space, September 3, 2014
The simplicity yet beautiful character detail of CLAMP is simply magical. They experiment a lot of negative space, and it works well in their favor, so all detail and beauty is in the characters themselves! The story is very interesting, probably the first half being the best as the second half is actually a prequel to the events prior. So the real end is the final chapter of Volume 2, and it was executed beautifully, if not also bittersweetly. The use of song lyrics to help tell the story really enrich the experience as well, making it feel like you're in a dream world almost. Also, the excellent part of this lovely omnibus is it's bright white paper, making everything looks so vibrant and crisp, and the gorgeous color artwork at the end of the book!

Anna-Kaci S/M Fit Light Blue Long Sleeve Conservative Dress w Gold Metal Buttons

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to use as a base dress, September 3, 2014
I have to thank my mom for finding this, because I needed something to modify for my Mayuri cosplay (Steins;Gate) and this was just the right color! Despite the little shoulder ruffles, with some adjustments and cutting, adding the black trim and all, this made a pretty decent cosplay in time for the gathering at the convention I was attending. The material also feels really nice, so it is comfortable to wear~

PERUVIAN ALPACA WOOL ARM WARMER FINGERLESS GLOVES DESIGN BEIGE ONE SIZE
PERUVIAN ALPACA WOOL ARM WARMER FINGERLESS GLOVES DESIGN BEIGE ONE SIZE

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, September 3, 2014
I wanted to cosplay a character from my friend's visual novel and was so lucky to find these arm-warmers, they were near perfect for the character! Can feel just slightly itchy, but it's not too bad, and it still feels pretty comfy and gets the job done.

Blank White Adjustable Visor
Blank White Adjustable Visor
Offered by work and play
Price: $5.63
5 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice visor~, September 3, 2014
I bought this for my Hajime (Hamatora The Animation) cosplay, and it was perfect! The only thing is the shipping took awhile, but it still came way in time for the convention and I was very happy with it! This has helped aid me in my most accurate cosplay so far and I got recognized several times, too, it was great~

Playstation 2 Console - Black
Playstation 2 Console - Black
281 used & new from $38.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fat model, mine just had one issue, September 3, 2014
I bought mine used, and it came with all the cords, and even a memory card! Sadly I found out that the DVD reading function is dead, so I cannot play DVD games only CD games and PS1 games, but that's fine for now as the system boots up just fine and I do have some good games to play with it on, just wish I could play Kingdom Hearts and Tekken 5 (which is why I bought it), but when I plan to replace it, I'll buy the slim model.

Memorex DiscRepair Scratch Repair Kit
Memorex DiscRepair Scratch Repair Kit
Offered by Easy Buyz
Price: $2.99
35 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars It saved one of my favorite CDs, September 3, 2014
While it won't visibly remove scratches, it does something to help the laser skip over it or something. My favorite CD (Falling Up "Dawn Escapes") was pretty damaged. It not only had light scratches, it had medium deep dent-like areas. I applied this on, and did it several times (so be patient with it) and now the CD plays fine! I tried repairing one of my PS2 games with it, and sadly I cannot assess whether that worked or not since I then found my PS2's DVD reading function is dead and can only read CDs. So from one saved disc that had odd dent-scratches, this is good stuff, and when I get a better working PS2, hopefully it'll be like that for my games, too!

Hyperkin PS1 Memory Card (1MB)
Hyperkin PS1 Memory Card (1MB)
Price: $4.99
13 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Card works, just format in-game!, September 3, 2014
This is a really good third-party card. In order for me to play PS1 games in my PS2, I ordered this little card and I haven:t had any problems. I made sure to look at other reviews, and trust me, they are helpful! I simply took out my PS2 card, then when my PS1 game was completely loaded, I inserted this card. When I arrived at a Save Spot, I tried saving and it said *not formatted* then asked *do you want to format the card?* and I said "yes", and voila! So be sure to do that to avoid the card not working~

Lunar Legend
Lunar Legend
Offered by e-ShopaHolics
Price: $89.99
29 used & new from $10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful surprise!, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Lunar Legend (Video Game)
So when I bought my used GBA, I needed a game to go with it so I could make sure it absolutely worked, so I decided to purchase Lunar Legend for it. I love anime-style RPGs and this one seemed fairly interesting, so I thought "Hey, why not give it a shot?" At first, I initially found the game to be pretty mediocre; it was just OK, nothing special, with your basic turn-based combat system. I mean, the characters are loveable at first sight, but other than that it just seemed 'meh' but not enough to make me stop playing. Then after the first boss battle, the story REALLY got interested. I started to really get into the game, it was not only becoming more fun, but the story was so engaging; you cared so much for the characters, and when stuff happens, it rattled your emotions. So for the story alone, this game now ranks high in my top 10 favorite games ever! The graphics are fluid and cute, the music was befitting, excellent stoyline. My only real complaint is sometimes the random encounters were a bit tedious, also something about the game felt condensed, I mean it flowed just fine but it felt like it could of been longer or was missing something....this was originally a Sega CD game and according to reviews, the GBA version is smaller, so that explains its condensed feel. However, even with being condensed, I still recommend because it's a really cool game to have part of your GBA collection.

Game Boy Advance - Fuchsia (Pink)
Game Boy Advance - Fuchsia (Pink)
98 used & new from $19.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Having a blast~, April 6, 2014
REDEEMING MY CHILDHOOD! I never had one of these as a kid (but I wanted one) due to not being able to afford it, but now I have been able to get a good used one that still works beautifully and I have been having a lot of fun with it playing some used games I bought right here on Amazon; Lunar Legend, Tekken Advanced, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and Pac-Man. My only complaint is that the GBA lacks a backlight, so I have to make sure I play with some good lighting behind me. However, there is a pro to no backlight; I can play outside with the sun hitting the screen and that's perfect, because it makes everything visible. So for playing outside, no backlight is actually a pro~

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4