Profile for Douglas M. Anderson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Douglas M. Anderson RSS Feed (Oak Harbor, WA United States)

Striker Hand Tools 00-102 Carbide Utility Score for cutting Fiber Cement
Striker Hand Tools 00-102 Carbide Utility Score for cutting Fiber Cement

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea! Although a little short of the Hype., August 29, 2009
I bought two of these tools prior to starting a siding project on a building about the size of a modest single level home. I saw myself scoring and snapping the Hardie Plank siding and avaoiding all the nasty dust associated with cutting the planks with a saw. For us it just wasn't practical to score and snap the planking. The snap is just not clean enough for butting the planks, no real fault of the tool, it's just that the material doesn't snap that clean, and yes we tried scoring it multiple times. What is GREAT about the tool is that is well designed, has a nice clip to keep it handy, and with it's files designed into the blade sides and edges it was FANTASTIC for cleaning up all those cut outs and well worth the price and then some. The tip is still sharp as can be after dozens and dozens of scores, and it will go into the tool box with the indespensible siding gauges for the next siding project.

Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener
Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener
Price: $9.16
89 used & new from $6.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing since sliced bread, March 30, 2009
Are there "better" sharpeners on the market? Probubly. But as an all around sharpener (I have several styles by several different manufacturers) this little gem is hands down THE BEST! Otherwise I would not have spent a week tracking this one down on the internet after all my local suppliers were "out of stock" or had moved on to more expensive less useful models. The thing folds up and goes in my pocket, it also has a handy hole for a lanyard which my new one is on. It does a great job on my chefs knives, my hunting knife and my serrated kives as well. It's easy for my big fingers to hold on to and steady on the edge of the counter when I am sharpening. I bought an extra one to put away in case this one gets "lost" or I give mine away to a friend. (In case you can't tell I really like it and would buy another one in a minute flat!)
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 3:28 PM PDT

Schwinn Roadster 12-Inch Trike (Red)
Schwinn Roadster 12-Inch Trike (Red)
Offered by Fun Stuff For Sale
Price: $71.54
33 used & new from $70.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Name - Huge dissapointment, January 16, 2009
I got this bike for my grandson, because I believed in the Schwinn name. It is beautiful to look at but all the tires were flat when it arrived in the box(some assembly required). I figured that they were shipped flat on purpose and pumped them up on Christmas eve. Christmas morning the big tire was flat again, I pumped it up again but before he could ride around the Christmas tree it was flat again!!! Ever try to get a patch kit, or a tube, or customer service on Christmas Day HA HA HA! Fortunately he had other things to play with but here it is mid january and he still can't ride it!!!