Profile for Claire > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 97

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Claire "Claire Guthrie" RSS Feed (AURORA, Colombia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Nearer Than the Sky
Nearer Than the Sky
by T. Greenwood
43 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! This book is fantastic!, February 19, 2004
This review is from: Nearer Than the Sky (Paperback)
I am not going to give a story summary - the rest of the reviewers have done a good job at that. What I will tell you is that this book is fantastic. I could not put it down. Lately I have had a hard time focusing on reading because my books have not grabbed at me very well. Nearer Than the Sky grabbed at me. The prose is lyrical, smooth and enchanting. I did not like Greenwoods first book much, but greatly loved this one. I am going to begin Undressing the Moon tonight.
You go Tammy! Keep up the good work.

The Lady and the Unicorn
The Lady and the Unicorn
by Tracy Chevalier
452 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Mon Seul Disappointment:(, February 9, 2004
I was thrilled to hear that Chevalier had written another book. I really enjoyed Pearl Earring, Falling Down and Virgin Blue. I was very disappointed with this story. It lacked plot and my honest opinion is that although the writing was exemplary, the story was not much different than a trashy romance novel - except that there was no romance at all really.... everything seemed motivated by lust, desire and conquest for Nicholas, the main character.
As I examine all of Chevaliers books, (except Pearl Earring, which is probably the best book I have ever read), together, I am noticing a common theme - raw, selfish sex. There is a blandness and lack of theme to them. If I wanted to really expose myself to these themes, one needs only to turn on TV nowadays. I expected more from her..... perhaps it is my own fault for being so expecting....
Those are my thoughts. I would not waste your time or money on this book if you are looking for excitement, plot, intrigue, or a real good read.

The Complete Book of Sewing New Edition
The Complete Book of Sewing New Edition
by DK Publishing
38 used & new from $11.09

5.0 out of 5 stars MOST WONDERFUL BOOK EVER WRITTEN ON SEWING!!!, December 23, 2003
I love this book, it is truly the most complete book of sewing with EVERY technique in it any sewing beginner OR advanced seamstress would ever need or desire. I am in love with this book and I have truly learned so much about sewing. I am an heirloom seamstress - this book has taught me so many new techniques and is a true encyclopedia of sorts. I love it!!!

Picture It! Photo Premium 9 [OLD VERSION]
Picture It! Photo Premium 9 [OLD VERSION]
Offered by Esaving
Price: $159.99
6 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, but slow, December 23, 2003
I find this program good but it is slow and takes a long time to work through. I guess the old adage "you get what you pay for" applies here.

Crystal Mosaics
Crystal Mosaics

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute activity, Cheap quality, December 23, 2003
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crystal Mosaics (Toy)
This is a fun activity to do with a child, but honestly, it is cheap quality and not that asthetically pleasing. It is a great fine motor promoting activity - i actually bought it for my 12 yr old and realized that that it really was more appropriate for my 3 yr old. Rachael loves her "pretty things" and it is fun. Glue sticks well too.

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 8-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Bread Knife
Offered by DependableResource
Price: $107.78
3 used & new from $107.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not worth 65.00, December 23, 2003
When I was washing the knife I noticed that the fine edge on the serrations had bent over to the non-scalloped side of the blade. I guess i found this a little irritating since i spent a fortune on this knife. It cuts bread fine, but i would not purchase again if i had the choice.

J.A. Henckels 10-Slot Hardwood Knife Storage Block
J.A. Henckels 10-Slot Hardwood Knife Storage Block
4 used & new from $50.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It works...but not for everything., December 23, 2003
I like this, it meets my need, but not my desires. My honing steel pokes out the bottom and I have no idea, which knives are supposed to go in which hole. BUT it keeps my knives protected and my fingers too!

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 5.5-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Boning Knife
Offered by ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS
Price: $89.99
2 used & new from $89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi purpose knife!, December 23, 2003
This knife is greate for deboning chicken, but its also perfect for cutting up hot dogs, chicken nuggets and other small items. I like the blade, the way it is cut and it is light weight and easy to use. Extremely sharp! Probably one of my favorite kitchen items.

No Doubt About It
No Doubt About It
by Sheri L. Dew
Price: $15.98
134 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars SKIP THE DOCTRINAL UNTRUTHS AND FEED ON THE WISDOM., November 8, 2003
This review is from: No Doubt About It (Hardcover)
I AM NOT LDS BUT AN EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN, AND WITH ALL RESPECT, AND NO OFFENSE INTENDED, I FIND THEIR DOCTRINE TO BE PLAIN AND SIMPLE HERETICAL, OFFENSIVE AND BLASPHEMOUS. I DID HOWEVER, UPON THE RECOMMENDATION OF AN LDS FRIEND, READ THIS BOOK. I SKIPPED OVER THE LDS MISTRUTHS OF DOCTRINE AND GOT RIGHT TO THE MEAT AND WISDOM THAT THE AUTHOR IMPARTS ON RAISING CHILDREN, LIVING WITH INTEGRITY, BEING MODEST, CHARITABLE AND A SERVANT OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. I ENJOYED THE BOOK AND WAS CONVICTED OF MUCH SIN IN MY LIFE - ON CHARITY TO OTHERS, GOSSIP, DEVOTION TO OTHERS, ETC. I AM NOT GOING TO RECOMMEND THIS TO A NON LDS READER, OR NEW CHRISTIAN AS I WOULD NOT WISH THEM TO BE INFLUENCED WITH THE FALSE DOCTRINE CONTAINED THEREIN, BUT TO A SEASONED AND MATURE BELIEVER....THIS IS A GOOD BOOK, BUT READ WITH CAUTION:)

Black & Decker BL600B ProBlend Blender
Black & Decker BL600B ProBlend Blender

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok...... not what I hoped for....., September 20, 2003
This blender is what you pay for and no more. I bought it to mush and blend berries for jams and i find that the blades are not that sharp and it does not circulate non liquidy products well. That has been my experience. Probably would not re purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10