Profile for Michael Diggins > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Diggins RSS Feed (Seattle, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Portal 2 Turret On Lightweight Grey T-Shirt | XL
Portal 2 Turret On Lightweight Grey T-Shirt | XL
Offered by Best Anime Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars These must be child sizes, January 16, 2014
The shirt is ok, but these are child sizes. I usually wear a men's XL. I ordered this in XL and it's way too small. It barely fits my wife who wears a women's medium.

Themes From Miami Vice
Themes From Miami Vice
Price: $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the original, nothing original about it, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Themes From Miami Vice (MP3 Music)
Despite the misleading name, these are not the original recordings of the themes from the Miami Vice TV show. This is a band/orchestra covering all the Miami Vice themes. Their version is very similar to the original, but it's clearly not the same. I don't know why anyone would want this and I sure wish I could return it.

Digital Lifestyle Outfitters Headphone Splitter for iPod and iPhone (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Only one microphone pass-thru, January 4, 2012
Something that was not made clear in the product description: only one of the two headphone jacks includes the microphone pass through for a headset. The other is audio only. This cannot be used to allow two people to talk on the phone using separate headsets.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2012 2:38 PM PST

Neo-Flex LCD Arm
Neo-Flex LCD Arm
Price: $74.65
62 used & new from $57.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't adjust easily, January 4, 2011
This review is from: Neo-Flex LCD Arm (Office Product)
If you need to put your monitor in one position and leave it there then this works great. If you only need push it back and pull it forward, then it will probably work ok. If you need to frequently raise, lower, tilt, or rotate your monitor, then look elsewhere. Raising and lowering is awkward, but workable. Tilting and rotating requires you to get out the allen wrench and loosen/tighten the joints every time. This is difficult to do by yourself and works a lot better if someone else can hold the monitor while you loosen/tighten the joints.

Jabra HALO Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging
Jabra HALO Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging

3.0 out of 5 stars Good overall, but painfully tight for big heads, January 4, 2011
These look really slick and I wish they had fit me. They fit my wife fine and they seem to be intended to keep all the pressure on your head and little to none on your ears. This works well for someone with an average to small sized head, but on my big head they were painfully tight over my ears even when extended all the way. They were particularly painful while wearing glasses.

Regarding the touch interface, it worked decently well for controlling the volume, but I could almost never get it to change tracks. Play/pause is controlled by a conventional button which worked well.

I liked the battery indicator on the inside of the head band. The mechanism for locking out the hinges was odd and felt fragile. The inside of the band is lined with a felt like material which picks up lint easily. Dandruff suffers and heavy hair gel users need not apply.

My house is in a densely packed subdivision with neighbors close on either side and we all use a lot of wireless tech, so I have a higher than normal amount of interference to contend with. These did ok with the interference, but not great. They suffered some minor interruptions (skipping and crackling) in the heaviest interference areas, but were generally usable with my iPhone 4.

Speaking of which, the iPhone 4 shows a battery meter for the headphones when they are on. Really slick. I wish all the blue tooth headphones would do that.

Oenophilia Bali Wine Rack, Ebony - 12 Bottle
Oenophilia Bali Wine Rack, Ebony - 12 Bottle
Price: $59.99
7 used & new from $50.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality for the price, January 4, 2011
I like the form factor and functionally. It holds 12 bottles just fine. If I had gotten this at a garage sale for $10, I would have been happy, but I paid enough for this that I was expecting a piece of decent workmanship. Instead, it arrived with some of the screws fallen out and rattling around in the box. The rest of the screws were lose. The stain is uneven. It looks ok tucked away in a dark corner, but if you put it in good light it looks like a 6 year old painted it. It doesn't sit evenly no matter which end I put down. If there aren't enough bottles on it to give a decent weight then it wobbles back and forth at a touch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2012 9:34 PM PDT

Ten One Design Pogo Sketch Stylus for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch (Silver)
Ten One Design Pogo Sketch Stylus for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch (Silver)

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work very well, January 4, 2011
With an iPad, I found this worked so poorly it was frustrating and I stopped using it after a couple of hours. It just doesn't register touches very well so you have to constantly re-tap on things. You have to be very careful with the angle and hold the pen near vertical.

BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive iPad Stylus - Touch Screen Stylus with Ultra Durable FiberMesh Fabric Tip for Apple iPad Air, iPad mini 2 w/ Retina (2013), iPad 4, iPhone 5s / 5, iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, Touchscreen Stylus for All Devices (Jet Black)
Offered by BoxWave Corporation
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $7.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Not precise, but better than my finger, January 4, 2011
This works reasonably well and I've taken to using it almost every time I use my iPad. I really like that it doesn't get the screen all smudged and greasy so you don't have to clean it as often. You do have to push down a little with it when pushing a button. Swiping to change pages works really well and doesn't scratch the screen. I do wish it was a little more precise. The tip doesn't come to a sharp point but instead is about as wide as a woman's pinkie tip. It works fine for buttons and such, but you still need to hunt for the right spot when positioning a cursor for editing text, but it's still a lot more precise than using my finger.

BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive iPad Stylus - Touch Screen Stylus with Ultra Durable FiberMesh Fabric Tip for Apple iPad Air, iPad mini 2 w/ Retina (2013), iPad 4, iPhone 5s / 5, iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, Touchscreen Stylus for All Devices (Metallic Silver)
Offered by BoxWave Corporation
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $7.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Not precise, but better than my finger, January 4, 2011

Sennheiser MM 400 Stereo Bluetooth Headset (Black) (Old Version)
Sennheiser MM 400 Stereo Bluetooth Headset (Black) (Old Version)
Offered by PlatinumBuys
Price: $164.99
3 used & new from $64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a bit tight on big heads, January 4, 2011
My head is a bit on the big side and these are a little tight over my ears even when extended all the way, but they're still usable. All the major functions seem to work as expected.

The button to play/pause music is a little flaky. Just pushing it quickly doesn't always work, sometimes I need to hold it for a second or so. The audio controls are simple enough, but it's hard finding the button you want when they're on you head since the raised function indicators all feel the same.

My house is in a densely packed subdivision with neighbors close on either side and we all use a lot of wireless tech, so I have a higher than normal amount of interference to contend with. These do really well cutting through the interference. There's no interruptions, or skipping, or crackling even in the heavier interference areas that render other blue tooth headsets unusable.

These sync with my iPhone 4 quickly. I turn them on first and then put them on my head and they're always ready to play music by the time I've got them over my ears.

The transmission range on these seems better than most. I can set my iPhone down, walk 40 feet away, and still hear my podcast just fine.

I got the refurbished ones at a substantial discount and felt they were worth it. The price for the new ones is more than I'd be willing to pay, but then I'm no audiophile.

No issues after the first week.

Page: 1 | 2