Profile for Matthew G. Gardner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew G. Gardner "Matty G. Gardner" RSS Feed (Bend, OR USA)

ELAGO Mobile Micro SD & M2 Reader (Black) + Sandisk 8GB Microsdhc Memory Card
ELAGO Mobile Micro SD & M2 Reader (Black) + Sandisk 8GB Microsdhc Memory Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value but the Nano II is a better USB microSD Drive by a mile!, February 9, 2010
I have owned all available models of the Elago microSD USB Flash product line. This one is nice because the microSD cards are changed easily without having to disconnect it from the USB port... With that said, I always recommend safely removing usb devices - especially if you are going to be changing the card out, Duh! etc... Unfortunately, this thing juts out of the side of the laptop/netbook, and it does not give me the warm fuzzy feeling I get from using the Elago Nano II - which in my opinion is the best of all the microSD USB reader devices available on the market! Finally, I much prefer to have my microSD card mounted on the inside of the USB port like on the Nano II, rather than the outside like on this one so it can't accidentally be lost or knocked out of whack. I will say great price on this package deal from Amazon though... worth it just to get the 8GB card and have the lesser Elago device thrown in on the deal to have as a throw around/throw away/give to a friend device... I'm using mine now on the rear USB port of a desktop computer with an old 2GB microSD card that was just sitting in a drawer from an old phone... because of the larger size on this model reader I feel it is better/safer suited to a desktop computer rather than willy-nilly bouncing off my knee on a laptop/netbook, especially if your goal is to create a bootable Linux drive! Elago Nano II is THE one for that... Using Ubuntu 9.10 on this 8GB microSD card in an Elago Nano II is the ill na-na brutha! Weeeeee!

elago Mobile Nano II USB 2.0 microSDHC Flash Memory Card Reader -Works up to 32GB- (Black)
Price: $9.63
4 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Da Bomb!, February 9, 2010
This is the best USB flash invention of them all to date! I love this device it's so well built and almost non-existent! I leave it in all the time (even in the case when travelling)! The blue light makes it seem so hi-tech and professional! I can't say enough about this item - I just ordered 4 more to make Ubuntu Netbook Remix live bootables for my uncle, my daughter and 2 extra distros for myself! Currently running Ubuntu 9.10 on an Acer Aspire One 8.9" N270 off of one of these Elago mobile Nano II's and it runs like a charm! Compiz 3D Desktop Cube and all! I wish they came in different colors though so I could tell them apart quickly (instead I used the small leash that is included in the package, and have labeled each leash using a brother p-touch labeler) Siiiiickkkk!!! OpenSuse on one, Moblin on another... Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, etc... It's like you can buy a whole new computer for the measly cost of more microSD cards!!! I can even still move the cards right over to my sansa mp3 players and/or cell phones or cameras for pictures and music and videos etc.... you almost won't need a computer of your own anymore once the 16GB and 32GB microSD cards hit the market - I feel like James Bond! Just helped a friend troubleshoot a bricked laptop and amazed him by booting to this little guy after a quick change to his boot order in the BIOS on his HP laptop....! You should have seen his jaw hit the floor when I booted up and was connected to the internet in under a minute! Incredible Device!!!