Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for E. J. Stewart > Reviews

Browse

E. J. Stewart's Profile

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. J. Stewart RSS Feed (Wisconsin, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Klein Tools 86570 Nylon Tie Tensioning Tool
Klein Tools 86570 Nylon Tie Tensioning Tool
Offered by HVACR Tools
Price: $28.75
19 used & new from $22.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well AFTER ..., January 23, 2016
Works well AFTER I modified the part that engages the cable tie! I agree with the reviewers who say the tools works very well, BUT the one I received would not engage the cable tie because the jaw opening was too wide. After looking at the mechanism, I figured I could disassemble it and grind a bit of material off the area of the jaw that forms the stop against the black frame of the tool. So I did, and with a bit of fussing managed to get it reassembled, and it works as expected. Very annoying considering the price and reputation of Klein Tools!

Suunto MC-2G In Global Compass
Suunto MC-2G In Global Compass
Offered by DIP 'N DIVE
Price: $62.59
26 used & new from $60.07

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Compass, November 21, 2015
This review is from: MC-2G IN Global
Very nicely designed and manufactured. We've used comparable Silva and Brunton products, like the features and attention to detail in the Suunto unit.

Sawhorse Brackets (Super Bracket)
Sawhorse Brackets (Super Bracket)
Offered by mccoy tool company
Price: $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, August 15, 2015
This is an excellent product. A bit pricey, but worth it. Like another reviewer, I did not use the flat head screws provided with the brackets. I drilled out the holes to fit 1/4 x 2-1/2" Torx screws and have very sturdy and rigid sawhorses. The instructions were a bit fuzzy with respect to cutting the 15 degree angles on the end of the legs. I set my compound miter saw to 15 degrees on both the miter and the bevel cuts, and the legs turned out well. I suggest the angle is not quite 15 degrees, though - more like 13 degrees. Not worth doing over however.

Wilton 63247 Cbv-100, Super-Junior Vise, 4-Inch Jaw Width, 2-1/4-Inch Jaw Opening
Price: $114.99
9 used & new from $100.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent LIttle Vise!, March 14, 2015
I purchased this vise from Zoro tools after I came across it while browsing a recent sale catalog I received from them. It would have been cheaper from Amazon when factoring in the shipping as a Prime member. I believe I paid about $115 at Zoro excluding shipping. In any case, it was packed very well and arrived in perfect condition. It's a dynamite vise for the money, and my only issue was the clamp needed to open another 1/8" to fit on my workbench, which has a 1-1/4 inch thick maple top and 2" square steel frame/legs. So, I made a hard maple block with UHMWPE faces for a clamping block and fastened it to the edge of the workbench with long SST Spax screws. It looks great and works great. I agree with all the positive comments others have made. Before putting it to work, I disassembled it and cleaned it with Envirosol, and greased it with a food grade grease, which I use for all my workshop tools requiring grease. The fit and finish is excellent, and there is no play/slop in any of the parts. I also removed the swivel lock levers and replaced them with plated acorn nuts, since I don't see any value for me in the swivel feature. Finally, I added rubber washers (5/16" I.D. x 3/4" O.D.) to the jaw handle similar to what is used on Wilton Toolmakers' Vises. Bottom line: I now have an excellent addition to my tinker room. And, I echo the person who challenged Wilton to resume making ALL their products in the U.S.A.!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Hope 100-Percent Tung Oil, 32-Ounce
Hope 100-Percent Tung Oil, 32-Ounce
Offered by etailz
Price: $18.98
18 used & new from $15.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Product; Unacceptable Packaging, January 31, 2015
The product is superb!! Reviews about it not drying have to be from goofs who failed to place the work in a low humidity environment. I've used it for 25 years without any drying issues. NOW, as for my recent purchase - the container is NOT the metal 32 oz can, but is a blow molded plastic one - which would have been A-OK IF the cap was tightened down. BUT, it was not, and the entire interior of the packaging was soaked in at least 1/4 cup of tung oil. I will continue to purchase Hope tung oil, but now via this supplier UNLESS they ship me a small bottle of it to replace what was lost in the packaging.

Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Offered by Perella's
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A good friend who served in the U, January 9, 2015
Purchased this for our grandson to use to clean and lubricate his small game rifle. A good friend who served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War told me he used such a brush to care for his M16, and I've used these brushes ever since. They do a great job spreading lube oil on firearms.

Estwing 14E Polyurethane Deadblow Hammer, Soft Face, 14-Ounce
Estwing 14E Polyurethane Deadblow Hammer, Soft Face, 14-Ounce
Price: $34.55
2 used & new from $34.55

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a bit larger than I'd like, but otherwise, December 24, 2014
The images and descriptions on Amazon and other websites are wrong. This hammer does not have the blue vinyl grip. It's shown wrong on the Estwing website as well. I finally got to the bottom of this by talking directly with an Estwing customer service person, who checked with others in her office. The Estwing website notes the smallest slimline hammer does not have the vinyl grip, but they failed to do the same for the 14E. I presume they will correct their description when their I.T. people can get to it. I returned the 14E and ordered the Estwing 18S, which has the vinyl grip. It's a bit larger than I'd like, but otherwise, it's a fine hammer.

VISM by NcStar Gun CaseStar (CV2906-36)
VISM by NcStar Gun CaseStar (CV2906-36)
Offered by Kitchen Outfitters Inc.
Price: $21.26
33 used & new from $14.67

4.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to find good quality rifle cases this short in length, December 24, 2014
We purchased this for our grandson to use with his Marlin XT22-YS rifle. It's hard to find good quality rifle cases this short in length, and this one is a very good value. It's just the right size, is lockable, has two pockets for magazines/ammo, cleaning cloth, etc. This is the second one we've purchased, and we are very satisfied with it.

Stanley Proto J1308PD Ball Pein Hammer 8 Oz
Stanley Proto J1308PD Ball Pein Hammer 8 Oz
Price: $17.07
9 used & new from $17.07

3.0 out of 5 stars I ordered this hammer based on its weight AND based ..., November 26, 2014
I ordered this hammer based on its weight AND based on its appearance. The polished faces shown in the image are appealing. Well it is NOT made as shown. The entire head is painted red except for the ends. The face is not engraved as shown, and is, of course, painted red. The pein is not symmetrical and has excessive machining marks on it. Other sellers show the hammer as I received it, but the Proto website shows it as Amazon does. Go figure. I'm still in the hunt for an esthetically pleasing precision made hammer for model work. Bottom line: would not buy this again at this price.

WirthCo 32990 Funnel King Push-Style Grease Gun with Hydraulic and Flush Couplers
Price: $9.25
3 used & new from $9.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Two of Two Defective, November 23, 2014
This grease gun was included in the tool box that came with the South Bend SB1001 8K lathe I purchased from Grizzly industrial, Inc. last September. It was defective in that the grease all leaked past the piston when pressure was applied to grease the lathe fittings. Grizzly Tech Support/Customer Service were excellent in their response, and very quickly sent me a replacement. BUT, the replacement did not include the very hydraulic nozzle necessary to grease the lathe. Further, the nozzle that was included would not begin to thread onto the end of the gun. Grizzly continues to be very supportive, and checked their stock, found no acceptable guns, and have ordered replacement stock. They promise to send me a good gun when they have them. SO, in the meantime, I found a great product at SAE Products in Conway, SC. I purchased their product titled GUN-PTH, and it works PERFECTLY!! I have both SAE and Grizzly about this product - for what it's worth. I presume the WirthCo 32990 piece of junk is imported, but I believe the SAE product may be as well. It's not about where in the world a product is produced. Rather, it is all about the technical competence of the design and the administrative competence of the sourcing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3