Profile for Electronic Gadgetphile > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 80

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Electronic Gadgetphile RSS Feed (St. Paul, MN)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Valterra A01-0187VP Flexible Tank Wand
Valterra A01-0187VP Flexible Tank Wand
Price: $14.80
22 used & new from $10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked Well, August 14, 2014
Had a problem with the motorhome toilet plugging up and seemed to have a blockage somewhere in the delivery pipe to the black tank. No amount of flushing or plunging worked for very long - usually after a few flushes it was backing up again. Ran a garden hose through the bedroom window and hooked up to the tank wand and started pushing the wand down the pipe. Noted that the pipe "ended" about halfway down the wand. After several minutes of high velocity flushing with the wand I noted the pipe no longer ended halfway down and could pretty much run it down to the handle. Continued plunging the wand in and out of the blockage area as well as beyond into the tank proper for about 30 minutes. Shut everything down, filled the tank with water and dumped it. Seems to work well and will not hesitate to use it again if necessary. Did resolve to use more water with every flush to carry the waste into the tank and reduce the likelihood of it hanging up in the delivery pipe.

BrakeBuddy 39499 Digital Classic Towed Vehicle Braking System
BrakeBuddy 39499 Digital Classic Towed Vehicle Braking System
Price: $1,008.00
3 used & new from $1,008.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, May 3, 2014
I purchased an Itasca 34B Class A motorhome and a Honda CRV to tow behind it. The Itasca dealer recommended the Brake Buddy due to the dealership's favorable experiences with the Brake Buddy systems. The dealer installed the interior cables for the breakaway emergency stop and the rest is installed every time it is used. The hook ups, adjustments and safety checks take 10-15 minutes, part of which is Honda related with setting the transmission up for 4 down towing. The initial tests did not go well as the unit did not communicate with the emergency monitor system in the coach which would alert us if the car broke away. Talking to Brake Buddy's excellent customer service resulted in an extension cable for the transmitter which would allow it to be mounted next to the Honda's windshield to keep the signal from being blocked by the Honda dashboard. They sent it quickly and for free - better yet, it worked. The next issue came during a road trip where the Honda's battery was drained at the end of the day and would not start. The campground staff jumped it for us and we made a quick trip to Walmart to pick up a portable battery that we use to power the Brake Buddy instead of relying on the Honda's accessory port. I installed a Brake Buddy battery maintainer that keeps the Honda's battery charged from the motorhome through the 7 to 6 pin cable. It didn't work but only because the custom cable I had did not have the power wired from the motorhome to the Honda. Additionally, the Honda key needs to be in the Accessory position so the steering wheel can move freely. The radio can be shut off to cut down on battery drain but the Navigation system stays on unless a 7.5 amp is pulled under the dash. Pulling the fuse and using the portable battery allowed for all day towing without any problems. I also picked up a Blue Ox 7 to 6 coiled cable (all pins wired) which I shall use on the next trip which should allow the battery maintainer to do it's job and allow me to retire the portable battery and fuse pull. The Brake Buddy works fine when I get it the power it requires and the sensitivity is set correctly to provide the additional braking to ensure safe stopping distances without taxing the motorhome's brakes.

Omron Pain Relief Pro
Omron Pain Relief Pro
Price: $45.95
46 used & new from $39.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure What's Wrong, March 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was excited at the prospect of getting the Omron TENS unit to compare it with an older (other branded) unit that I purchased several years ago. The Omron came nicely packaged with good setup and usage instructions. The adhesive pads are advertised to last upwards of 150 times that would be a distinct advantage over my older unit where the pads lose their adhesive properties after 10-15 uses. The pulse generator has solid construction and a nice easy to read display with several options of therapy and intensity. When we tried it out on my wife's back she noted that only one of the two electrode patches seemed to be working properly. I rechecked the connections and seemed proper but the results were the same. At this point I don't know if the pads are defective or the pulse generator. Will need to contact Omron and see if they can troubleshoot and/or replace the unit. If I can get it to work it will be a step up on other older unit due to it's compact size, nice size and good display.

Blue Ox BX88219 1/2" Self-Retaining Pin
Blue Ox BX88219 1/2" Self-Retaining Pin
Price: $20.00
21 used & new from $18.01

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM Replacement, February 20, 2014
Ordered two of these as "spares" for my Blue Ox towbar. These are identical to the originals that came with the towbar - hope never to need to use them but they will be invaluable if I need one and don't have it since I won't be able to hook up the toad without it.

Spears 448-G Series PVC Pipe Fitting, Cap, Schedule 40, Gray, 2" NPT Female
Spears 448-G Series PVC Pipe Fitting, Cap, Schedule 40, Gray, 2" NPT Female
Price: $5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, February 20, 2014
My golf cart has an evaporative cooler for air conditioning on hot desert days. The cooler has a water tank fill spout on the top which is capped with a PVC fitting. I managed to lose the cap after filling the tank - most likely left it on the roof after the fill up and then drove off and the cap tumbled off somewhere. No problem - I called the manufacturer Cool Breeze Technologies to get a replacement only to learn that they went out of business. I called the supplier of the cart which had bundled the cooler with the cart only to learn that they no longer stock parts for it. I checked out the local hardware stores and couldn't find a profile that I liked. Checked Amazon and found this unit which when painted the color of the cart looks great and provides an excellent replacement.

3M 90100 Paint Defender System
3M 90100 Paint Defender System
Price: $30.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks Quite Complete, February 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The kit appears to have everything needed to do a complete job of applying a protective coating to the front of my Honda CRV that I tow behind my motorhome. Unfortunately, it is too cold, per the instructions, to apply the coating. I'll finish this review in late April or May when the temperatures get up to where I can do a proper job.

IZZO Swami Watch Golf GPS (New and Improved)
IZZO Swami Watch Golf GPS (New and Improved)
Price: $116.95
11 used & new from $116.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Better Options Available, February 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a Golf Buddy Voice GPS that has voice capability to tell you it is searching for satellites, what course it has located, what hole you are on are on and the distance to the middle of the green. I took it with me when I tried the IZZO Swami for a side by side comparison. The Golf Buddy turned on and found the satellites quite a bit quicker than the IZZO and automatically selected the correct course whereas the IZZO presented several options that needed to be user selected. On the day of the trial we were started on Hole 4 which the Golf Buddy rapidly found but the IZZO needed to be manually advanced to find Hole 4. The Golf Buddy automatically announced when we approached a new hole but the IZZO sometimes lagged updating the new hole location. I checked the distances of the two units vs. the fairway markers to see how they compared - during play I usually use a laser range finder inside of 150 yards for better accuracy. The distances measured were all reasonably close but the IZZO tended to bounce around a bit but only for a few seconds so it was not a big deal overall. The IZZO did display front-middle-back distance which the Golf Buddy did not without manually selecting that mode and the IZZO does double as a time telling watch which the iGolf does not. The charger for the IZZO is a bit bulky and the connector to the watch is "one of a kind" whereas the Golf Buddy is more conventional and could be more easily replaced if needed. I did like the convenience of having the distance on my wrist as the IZZO provided but it was not compelling enough to get me to switch from my iGolf GPS and laser range finder.

Lot of 10 Dimmable 12V 4W MR16 LED Bulbs - 3200K Warm White LED Spotlights - 50Watt Equivalent - 330 Lumen 60 Degree Beam Angle for Landscape, Recessed, Track lighting

4.0 out of 5 stars Good So far, December 15, 2013
Units arrived quickly and fit into my Unique Polar up-lights without any problem. The Warm White seems a bit whiter than the incandescent halogen bulbs that have yet to be replaced and definitely put out more light than the 30 watt halogens but not obtrusively so. Need to see how long these last.

Progressive Industries EMSPT50C Surge Protector
Progressive Industries EMSPT50C Surge Protector
Price: $347.88
7 used & new from $341.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved My Bacon, December 15, 2013
Purchased this based on fellow camper recommendation as an essential appliance for my new motorhome. The display is easy to read and has the diagnostic code screened on the front so you can understand what is being displayed without going into the manual. Saved my bacon recently when I arrived at my new wintering garage and plugged in the surge protector. It displayed code E-1 for reversed polarity. Property owner was called, pulled apart the outlet and verified the polarity was, indeed, reversed and he rewired it such that it read E-0, all is good. He then commented that the garage had been used for 10 years and nobody had noticed it before. Works as advertised - I'm happy.

Birkenstock Milano Slingback Sandal,Softbed Cocoa Nubuck,44 M EU (US Mens 11, US Womens 13)
Price: $129.95
15 used & new from $52.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, December 15, 2013
I have chronic heel foot pain due to plantar fasciitis which makes walking painful even with prescription orthotics in high quality ECCO shoes. From the moment I put these on the heel pain went away for several hours. I like the sandals but wish they had a more quick release feature - ala Velcro like my ECCO sandals have. Very happy with these otherwise.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8