Profile for RockingCPA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RockingCPA RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Tripp Lite P350-10N-10 10-Inch Hook and Loop Cable Ties  - 10 Pack (Black)
Tripp Lite P350-10N-10 10-Inch Hook and Loop Cable Ties - 10 Pack (Black)
Price: $7.72
56 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars These Work Great, September 7, 2014
These work great for bundling and organizing audio cables. I use these primarily to organize guitar, mic and speaker cables in a case. These do NOT attached to cables. They are just a loose strap that you can use to tie up wrapped cables or bundle wrapped cables together. I also use one of these on my pedalboard snake, because it is too thick when wrapped up for one of the smaller Velcro straps that attach. Being loose, you are more likely to lose them, but they aren't expensive. I suppose you could wrap cables in a permanent installation, but I think zip ties would be better and cheaper.

Neutrik NC3FX-B 3-Pin F Cable MT XLR, Black with Gold Contacts
Neutrik NC3FX-B 3-Pin F Cable MT XLR, Black with Gold Contacts
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $8.60
13 used & new from $3.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Neutrik Connectors - Probably the Best, September 7, 2014
GREAT!! I don't solder a lot, so sometimes my solder jobs can be a little sloppy (practice makes perfect, right?). I found these very easy to work with have excellent strain relief and seem to sound great. When I put my PA together a few years ago, I bought two Mogami mic cables to run to my powered JBL PRX535s. I got a 25" cable on one side and a 50" cable for the other, just in case I ever needed more length. Well...I never did, so the 50" cable was overkill and I needed spare mic cables. I bought a set of male & female Neutrik XLR connectors, here on Amazon. I cut the 50 footer down to 25", and in about 1/2 hour I soldered the connectors on. So...for about $16 I used existing, unused extra cable and made a Mogami mic cable that sells for $69.95. I'm very happy and saved about $54, compared to buying another mic cable. If I ever DO need that extra cable length to the PA speaker, you can just daisy-chain them together. Problem solved!!

Neutrik connectors seem to be the best you can buy.

Amphenol ACPM-GB-AU 1/4" Mono Phone Plug Connector Black with Gold Plug
Amphenol ACPM-GB-AU 1/4" Mono Phone Plug Connector Black with Gold Plug
Offered by Parts Express
Price: $1.72

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these plugs, September 7, 2014
I love these plugs, especially for patch cables in tight areas. Dave Friedman, the rack/amplifier guru, used these in a rack setup for me. They are more compact than a neutrik (which are probably the best), and the strain relief also acts to keep the barrel from unscrewing from vibration, which I've found can happen with some Switchcraft plugs. I still use Neutrik plugs on my guitar cables, but these are great for guitar and PA rack applications They would probably be fine on guitar cables, as well. I use a Neutrik silent (self-muting) plug on the guitar end of all of my guitar cables. If Amphenol made one, I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try.

Shure Shure A57F Microphone Clip
Shure Shure A57F Microphone Clip
Price: $7.95
8 used & new from $5.68

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM replacement mic clip at a great price, September 7, 2014
Like I said in the title, this is an OEM replacement mic clip at a great price.

Musician's Gear Heavy Duty Basic Mic Clip
Musician's Gear Heavy Duty Basic Mic Clip
Offered by Woodwind and Brasswind
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, inexpensive mic clip, September 7, 2014
Very good, inexpensive mic clip. I bought it as a spare to carry in the mic case. it's a rubbery plastic and is very tight on Shure SM58s and SM57s. It seems like it will hold the mics just fine. My only concern is that it has to spread a lot to accommodate the size of the mic, so the durability might be questionable. Again, it works just fine, but it's not THAT much cheaper than just buying a real Shure mic clip. As a spare, I think it's perfect because it's cheap and can accommodate a wide range of mic sizes.

Neutrik NP2X 2-Cond 1/4-Inch Phone Plug
Neutrik NP2X 2-Cond 1/4-Inch Phone Plug
Offered by ChromaLeaf
Price: $6.49
20 used & new from $2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Neutrik makes the best plugs, September 7, 2014
You can never go wrong with Neutrik. The quality and design is excellent.

Mooer Green Mile, overdrive micro pedal
Mooer Green Mile, overdrive micro pedal
Price: $83.65
33 used & new from $53.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a TS-808 in a small box (almost), July 1, 2013
I bought this pedal as a TS-808 alternative for a very small, and lightweight Pedaltrain Nano. If you are not familiar with the Pedaltrain Nano, it is only 14" wide, so the size of pedals is a HUGE deal. I am able to get a Sony DWZ wireless, a Polytune Mini, the Mooer Green Mile, a TC Corona chorus and a TC Flashback delay (that is the order of the signal chain, too) ALL on this tiny board that will fit in my backpack with me on the plane.

I already own an Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer reissue on my Pedaltrain, Jr, board, so I was able to A/B the Mooer Green Mile side-by-side with the "real deal". I use my TS-808 to hit the front of the amp a little harder for additional sustain, harmonics and feedback. My settings are generally Overdrive at 9 o'clock, Level at 3 o'clock & tone at about 11:30, so I'm not relying on the TS-808 as a primary source of distortion. Playing thru the Green Mile was very, very similar to the TS-808. One added bonus of rthe Green Mile, is the switch to select between warm and hot. Even though I kept the Green Mile on the warm setting, I found the TS-808 to be slightly warmer and sweeter sounding, but if I didn't have the TS-808 and Green Mile in a side-by-side test, I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference. For those that want a bit more distortion, the Hot setting might really come in handy.

By adjusting tone, level and overdrive I was able to get the Green Mile close enough that it has definitely earned it's place on my smaller pedalboard. I'd score it a 95/100 as a TS-808 clone, but please take that with a grain of salt since I have never tested any other TS-808 clones. At less than half the price and 2/3 the size, buying this pedal is a no-brainer. If neither price or pedalboard real estate was an issue, I think probably I'd still buy the TS-808, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Mooer Green Mile.

Fender® Amp Logo Tee, Charcoal, L
Fender® Amp Logo Tee, Charcoal, L
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $13.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tee..A Little Long, January 30, 2013
This is a very cool charcoal grey t-shirt with a Fender logo. I gave it 4 stars, instead of 5 only because I think the shirt is a little long. This is perfect if you tuck your t-shirts in, but it tends to bunch a little if you wear it out. I'm not short-waisted, and it's not a deal-breaker, but I think it would look better if it was 2"-3" shorter. Overall, I'm very happy.

Momentus Men's Speed Whoosh Golf Swing Trainer with Training Grip
Momentus Men's Speed Whoosh Golf Swing Trainer with Training Grip
Price: $63.96 - $131.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Fixing a Specific Problem, August 28, 2012
I bought this product to fix a specific problem--an early release. IMO, that is the strength of this product and its main purpose. I recently took a video lesson at a Golftec center in our local Golfsmith. I found that most of my fundamentals were excellent. My posture, stance, grip, plane, path were great, but I was over-rotating my hips, which would make me over-swing and I was releasing early. They had a Speed Whoosh in the learning center that I used for a while and loved it. I've been practicing with ball between my knees to get the feeling of restricting my hip turn and the Speed Whoosh to practice a delayed release. I also have a Medicus Power Meter I use to test my swing speed. Before these two drills, my SS was in the 96-98 MPH range. After the drills I could consistently swing at 102-106 MPH. I agree with other reviewers that this practice aid is not a "cure all", but is there any such thing in golf? Just keep it mind what it is designed to fix and buy it IF you have an issue in that area.

ALTERNATE DIY PRACTICE AID:
If you think $69 is too much money, try cutting the bottom out of a Dixie cup and slide it over the grip. When get to the top of your backswing, pause long enough to allow the Dixie cup to drop to your hands (if it isn't already there). When you swing, try to delay the release so the Dixie cup slides down the shaft to the clubhead right around impact, or just past impact. That is a tip I've seen on the Golf Channel numerous times. I don't think that DIY practice aid works as well as the Speed Whoosh, because the Speed Whoosh has a magnet that holds the ball up near the grip and requires more centrifugal force before it will release and slide down the shaft. Also, because of the magnet, you don't have to alter your backswing to get the Dixie cup in the right place, before you can start your downswing. I supposed it's possible the Dixie cup could scratch the crown of your driver (if you care about that).

CONCLUSION:
I think the Speed Whoosh does what it's intended to do very well, and it's a great training aid for $69. For me, I decided to save my Dixie cups for family picnics and buy the Speed Whoosh.

Arkon Universal Swivel Belt Clip Holder for Smartphones Cameras Radios Walkie Talkies Remotes
Price: $5.31
34 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and Versatile, August 16, 2012
I bought this for use with my Sekonic L-358 photography light meter. The button attaches very securely and makes for a convenient way to carry your light meter. I feel very confident that this belt clip will safely and securely hold my light meter. I showed this to a friend who uses the even more expensive Sekonic 758 light meter and he is planning on buying one, as well.

Page: 1 | 2