Profile for Robin B. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robin B. RSS Feed (MA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Brothers Bulger: How They Terrorized and Corrupted Boston for a Quarter Century
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars informative, but not well written, November 8, 2013
I read this book during the Whitey Bulger trial to learn more about what Whitey did. The book was informative. However, the writing wasn't as good as I would have hoped. For example, the author ofter changed the name of the subject of the sentence from the formal name to a nickname mid sentence. That made it hard to follow. However, it did tell the story of Whitey and Billy Bulger in a lot of detail, but I didn't enjoy reading it as much as I would have liked.

Eliza J Women's Lace Cap Sleeve Dress, Ivory, 4
Eliza J Women's Lace Cap Sleeve Dress, Ivory, 4

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty dress, November 8, 2013
It fits as expected, the material is as expected. This dress is heavier than I had anticipated, but it's a good thing. It feels really well made. I haven't worn it yet, but I really like it. The zipper in the back isn't an exposed zipper, but the edges are lined with the same material as the liner of the dress. it's a really nice touch!

Naturalizer Women's Maude Ballet Flat,Black Leather,8 M US
Naturalizer Women's Maude Ballet Flat,Black Leather,8 M US
Offered by Planet Shoes
Price: $62.50
5 used & new from $59.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable shoes, office appropriate, November 7, 2013
These shoes are comfortable and stylish. They fit as expected. for dress shoes I always order and 8 and in these shoes an 8 fit as I expected. I can wear nylons with them comfortably. I've been wearing them for a few weeks with no complaints. I typically don't like to wear heels, but the small heel is nice and hardly noticeable. I would recommend these to a friend.

Bling Jewelry Sterling Silver Bead Ball Stud Earrings 5mm
Bling Jewelry Sterling Silver Bead Ball Stud Earrings 5mm
Offered by Bling Jewelry
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute earrings, at the right price, November 7, 2013
Cute earrings, at the right price. You need to be aware of what size these earrings are before you order - go check your ruler. If you are looking for this size, then they are exactly as described. I have been wearing these for a few months almost every day. they are simple and elegant, and exactly what I was looking for.

Merrick Grain Free Real Duck and Sweet Potato Dog Food, 25-Pound
Merrick Grain Free Real Duck and Sweet Potato Dog Food, 25-Pound
Price: $56.49
16 used & new from $38.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good food for man's best friend, November 7, 2013
I buy this food for my min pin and french bulldog. They have relatively few health problems, nice coats, and clean teeth - all of which I think are a result of their food. I believe strongly that food plays a critical role in the health of your dog, so it's not something I'm willing to skimp on.

Simple Soothing Eye Balm, 0.5 Ounce
Simple Soothing Eye Balm, 0.5 Ounce
Offered by BeatBargains
Price: $0.21
31 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the $, November 7, 2013
I really like simple products, and this is no exception. The price is good. This is a thick eye cream which isn't greasy and hydrates as well, or possibly better than more expensive brands (I usually use clinique eye cream). I've been using it for a few months, and I'm not disappointed.

Rocket Dog Women's Wren Flat,Grey Terry Cord,8
Rocket Dog Women's Wren Flat,Grey Terry Cord,8

3.0 out of 5 stars cute shoes!, November 7, 2013
These shoes run true to size. They are a relaxed style, which I was looking for. The only drawback is the thin sole. If I'm walking on a bumpy surface, I feel it through these shoes. Just this morning I got a metal shaving through the bottom and right up to my foot. Luckily the angle didn't cut me. For a relatively inexpensive pair of shoes, they are good.

Moleskine Classic Notebook, Large, Squared, Orange Yellow, Hard Cover (5 x 8.25) (Classic Notebooks)
by Moleskine
Edition: Diary
Price: $13.99
51 used & new from $11.85

5.0 out of 5 stars expensive, but worth it, November 7, 2013
Very nice notebook and exactly what I was looking for. I love the color, the elastic to keep it closed and the bookmark to keep my place.

ChiaoGoo Twist Red Lace Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set Complete: Sizes US 2 (2.75mm)-US 15 (10mm) 7500-C
Offered by Global Trend
Price: $113.99
14 used & new from $113.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Interchangeable Needle Set, November 5, 2013
As far as interchangeable sets go, this is my favorite! I've been using them for about 5 months. The case comes with all the tools you could want in a set: a tightener tool, a needle sizer, stitch markers, end caps, etc. The case is compact and has pockets for all of the tools. The price was really great for such a complete set.

The needles themselves are smooth metal, but they seem to have a textured surface so they are not as fast (and slippery) as addi-turbos. I really like them. The cables are also semi-textured, which has not snagged any of my yarn, but does provide a bit of resistance. The cables are braided wire so they are not supposed to retain any memory, i.e. get kinked. So far they haven't! the only thing I did notice was the cable loosened up from the needle once, but I was able to tighten it back down without losing any stitches.

MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Cover Case for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet by ASUS, WHITE (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $17.95

3.0 out of 5 stars White case is not optimal, November 5, 2013
I bought this case a few weeks ago for my 2012 version nexus 7. It's a nice, lightweight case, and I think it will do a decent job protecting my nexus. However, the white got dirty looking immediately. I put it in my purse and the first time I took it out the front cover has marks all over it that don't seem to rub off. I may try this case in another color because functionally, it works well.

Page: 1 | 2