Profile for Z. Pike > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Z. Pike "ZP" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Staples® Xeno Retractable Ballpoint Pens, Medium Point, 1.0 mm, Blue Ink, Blue Barrel, 5/Pk

5.0 out of 5 stars I have an addiction to office supplies., November 2, 2011
Really, it's true - I love to buy office supplies. My mom is addicted to ceramic bowls. Clearly strange vices run in my family.

But anyway, back to these pens. I love them! I love the feel of the rubbery grippy dots and I love the smoothness of the ink. Unlike the other reviewer, I have never had an issue with leakage. And I usually have a couple of these in my purse, which often gets left in a hot car in the summer.

I literally have at least two of these pens in both of our family cars, my purse, my desk at home, my desk at work, the pen container by the home phone, the pile of crap on the kitchen counter where all my son's permission slips end up until I remember to sign them and send them back to school, and I am sure there's a few of these pens buried in my couch cushions.

Who writes this much about pens? Either a crazy person or someone who has bought many a pen and is amazed that these simple, inexpensive pens could possibly be the best out there... or both. Yeah, probably both. But really, these pens rock!

Bodum Chambord 6-Ounce Stainless-Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker
Bodum Chambord 6-Ounce Stainless-Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Handle won't break if you use it properly!, July 5, 2011
I strongly disagree with the reviewers that gave this a 1-star review because of the handle. As several other reviewers have noted - you are not supposed to use the handle to tighten the pot and you should take care when using this on a gas stove.

I have a gas stove, and always use the body of the pot to screw it together. I bought mine at a local coffee roastery at a very discounted price - before amazon dropped the price here. I have had mine for 6+ months and LOVE it. It works very well, assembles smoothly, and makes delicious percolated espresso. I even find I can get a nice little bit of crema by using the low & slow method.

No broken handle here.
Buy this pot. Use it wisely. Stay happily caffeinated!

North States Supergate Top-Notch Gate
North States Supergate Top-Notch Gate
Price: $23.17
27 used & new from $20.79

4.0 out of 5 stars If you want to spend less than $20, this is your gate., March 4, 2011
I am pleasantly surprised by this gate for the price I paid. It's not fancy, a little difficult to adjust if you want to move it to a different width doorway, and definitely requires 2 hands to put up. However, it holds really well, and even manages to fit in the uneven doorways of our old and crooked farm house where no doorway/trim is perfectly level or even. We have two of them, and if it weren't for our desire to have walk-thru gates in other doorways, I'd be thrilled to just save money and buy a bunch of these.

Bottom line, this gate is not fancy or particularly attractive, but it's sturdy and more than sufficient for the great price!

Regalo Easy Open 50 Inch Super Wide Walk Thru Gate, White
Regalo Easy Open 50 Inch Super Wide Walk Thru Gate, White
Price: $39.97
22 used & new from $31.99

3.0 out of 5 stars easy to use in the right space, but kind of cheap, March 4, 2011
I just received this and it installed in just a few minutes. Anyone else reviewing this that claimed it was too hard to open with one hand probably has it tightened too far. There is a fine balance between too tight to open easily and too loose to be stable. But it only took a couple twists of the pressure mounts for me to determine the right balance.

I read the other reviews before purchasing and carefully measured the opening I planned to block with this gate to make sure it would work. Because, as other reviewers have stated, this is not a gate that fits openings 29" - 52" like the product description lists. This gate will fit in an opening that is approximately 29-32", roughly 35-38" with just the 6" extension, approximately 42-45" with just the 12" extension, and roughly 48-51" with both extensions. Unfortunately, if your opening falls in those in between sizes, you're going to find that you can't get a good fit. Either it's too big with the extension(s) added that you can't get it in place or w/o the extensions it's not very sturdy because you have to push the pressure mounts to the extreme end of their length.

My biggest issue with this gate is that it seems really flimsy and cheap compared to the Northstates, Evenflo & KidCo gates we have in other doorways thru-out the house. The overall construction is made of poorly done welds against the thin metal tubes. Since I put this in an area that gets high traffic, I'm concerned about how long it will hold up. But I guess that's what you get when you buy the cheaper option.

We're going to try it for awhile and see how it goes.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2013 6:52 PM PDT

Tek Nek Police Role Play Set
Tek Nek Police Role Play Set

3.0 out of 5 stars make your own police costume for halloween, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Tek Nek Police Role Play Set (Toy)
We combined this set with navy blue pants and a Target sweatshirt that conveniently had a sheriff's star screen print on it. Our four year old was thrilled with his police officer costume and that he had the toys to play with after. He loves dressing up as an officer regularly. The flashlight is fun and even reasonably bright for what is kind of a cheaply made set overall. The helmet seems like it'll take a beating for awhile, but overall the plastics on the items aren't so strong. They'll be fun while they last.

EcoTools Bamboo & Loofah Bath Brush (Pack of 3)
EcoTools Bamboo & Loofah Bath Brush (Pack of 3)
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $13.40
5 used & new from $13.40

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, February 4, 2011
We're pretty happy with these and like that the company seems to be making an effort to make them environmentally friendly with sustainable materials. We'd buy them again when these wear out. They don't seem like they'll last forever, but the price is certainly fair.

West County 074SS Classic Glove, Slate, Small
West County 074SS Classic Glove, Slate, Small
Price: $20.93
2 used & new from $16.65

4.0 out of 5 stars comfortable and reasonably durable, February 4, 2011
I just bought my second pair after getting about 1.5 years out of the first pair. I gave them a pretty hard life of yard work, firewood splitting and stacking, etc and felt they held up really well. I have also bought a pair of their heavier duty "landscape" gloves this time to compare the two. Either way, I'd still recommend the Classics to anyone looking for a good, comfortable pair of work gloves for around the house.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars don't settle for aftermarket, February 4, 2011
These things aren't super durable as it is... make sure you are getting OEM because otherwise they have an even shorter lifespan. This company appears to be shipping genuine product.

Incipio iPhone 4/4S dermaSHOT Silicone Case - 1 Pack - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Bright Purple
Offered by eBags
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars decent, February 4, 2011
Nice feel, easy to get on/off, but stretches out over repeated on/off - which I need to do regularly in order to put my phone in my armband for running.

Bambu 5-1/2-Inch Kids Utensils, Natural
Bambu 5-1/2-Inch Kids Utensils, Natural
Offered by BinkieMelane
Price: $16.99
4 used & new from $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars kinda disappointed, February 4, 2011
I had such high hopes for these. Unlike other reviewers have stated, the tines are not sharp or dangerous in my opinion. Rather, they are too dull to stab most food effectively. They seemed like a great way to have environmentally and health friendly utensils for my kids, but now I wish I hadn't bothered. The spoon is useful, but between the dullness and the difficulty in cleaning, the forks are pretty worthless for us.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3