Profile for thassler > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 123

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

thassler RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
TIKI 1113008 Off! Bite Fighter 4-in-1 Multi Use Torch
TIKI 1113008 Off! Bite Fighter 4-in-1 Multi Use Torch
Offered by Ivans Gallery
Price: $24.99
10 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, June 21, 2014
These are nice, if a touch on the pricey side. Unfortunately, the tiki fuel tends to be sooty and doesn't smell the best. For the money you get a lot of versatility - table top torch, stake in the ground or clamp to your deck or camp gear. The flame tends to be pretty large, so table top is not advised.

My real grief comes from the fact that the the tops are tough to seal correctly/thread properly, and thus make it very easy to spill. They look pretty nice - not entirely sure why they felt this needed a dual wick - the flame size seems almost excessive.

Rapid Dual Output Car Charger For Samsung Galaxy S5 (2.1amp Micro USB Power Port) (Car Charger)
Offered by Real Deal sales
Price: $10.95
13 used & new from $10.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with my S5 & nice flashlight feature, May 25, 2014
This charger works perfectly with the Galaxy S5. It charges pretty quickly and can keep the phone topped up even when using demanding apps (wigle and navigation and Spotify simultaneously). For those who are saying in reviews that it doesn't fit, it is the Micro USB format, and this will fit into the right side of the USB 3.0 port that the S5 uses. The lighted end is perfect for plugging in your phone in the dark or as a quick and dirty search lamp when you drop something in your vehicle.

I really like that it has a coiled wire that has just the right flexibility and reach. I wasn't sure about the fixed wire (vs. plug in port) but it means I don't have to worry about the USB coming loose and failing to charge my phone. I haven't tried the second USB port - hoping it can charge two of these at once - will update the review once I know, but certainly not a deal breaker either way - definitely not for this price.

LUVVITT® TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Crystal Clear
LUVVITT® TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Crystal Clear
Offered by Luvvitt
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $10.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed - and that does't some lightly, May 25, 2014
I've tried plastic covers for my phones - they go to pot very quickly, never feel as good as the glass itself, and don't seem to protect all that well either. They scuff too easily and you have to replace them too much.

Enter the tempered glass protector. I've searched around and for the money, this is the deal to beat. The glass covering feels JUST like the phone and if anything is more oleophobic (harder to leave finger prints). It's also THICK! It actually stands proud of the S5 button just slightly. Thankfully it's not so thick that it comes up past my case. It really feels like it's going to protect the glass.

You MUST clean your phone very and apply this in near-dust free conditions. If you have static electricity buildup, you will have a bad time. Both the adhesive and your phone will draw dust. You may even want to do it in a humid room (bathroom after a shower) and perhaps a grounding strap - to make sure the dust is damped.

Even under fantastic conditions I got two tiny spots (thankfully at the very edge of the protector) from dust. You have to look close to see them, but understand that application is unforgiving. Once on, the screen is absolutely crystal clear and you can't tell it's on.

Some may not like that the center button is no longer proud of the screen - so keep that in mind as well. Definitely high marks for this one.

Galaxy S5 Case, Spigen Slim Armor Case for Galaxy S5 - Shimmery White (SGP10755)
Price: $16.99
8 used & new from $13.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case - if you are on the lookout for a holster for it - read further, May 25, 2014
What can I say that 566 reviews before me don't? Perhaps the one thing you may be searching for...

I got the slim armor version and it's very nice. I highly recommend this case. The one thing I can say that you may like to know: I love my old holster and hard case for the the Galaxy Nexus, and I've tried several with my S5. They have all fallen short. In fact, the ones I've bought are junk. However - the holster for the E LV Dual Layer case works GREAT with the slim armor: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J3M4BTW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get this case. If you like a holster, also get the case above, use the holster with the SlimArmor and chuck the case in a drawer for an emergency (Seriously it's junk, so the trash would be use as good). The Spigen Slim Armor and E LV holster work together great. I wish Spigen produced their own holster, but for now, this is the best case/holster combo I have found for the S5.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2014 12:47 AM PDT

S5 Case, E LV Samsung Galaxy S5 Holster Case Cover Hybrid Full-body Protective with Shock-Absorption / Impact Resistant Bumper, Kickstand and Belt Swivel Clip, 1 HD Screen Protector, 1 Stylus and 1 Microfiber Digital Cleaner for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V / Galaxy i9600 (Black)
Offered by Turn On Tech
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Case is worthless - Holster makes it worth the purchase!, May 25, 2014
The case itself is such a disappointment. Really it could be decent, but the silicone is far too loose and flexible. It falls off the S5 while coming out of the holster, and isn't improved by even mild use. It's just not a good fit and the hard plastic back doesn't lock it onto the phone properly. Also the kickstand is too hard to use without feeling like you are going to break it.

For this alone I would give it 1 star (not worth your time or money). HOWEVER - the holster redeems the phone. It fits PERFECTLY with the Spigen Slim Armor case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I3UWGJW/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and holds it both securely and makes it easy to retrieve. Seriously, if Spigen produced this holster, I would have bought it alone for this price. The holster has a standard belt swivel with detents to with normal 15 degree stop points with strong clasp. It also has a kickstand to hold the clasp open that will serve as a decent stand, but with the Spigen case, you can't put the phone completely in the holster with the screen forward. You can, however, use it as a stand by resting the phone on the bottom. So it's a useful alarm clock or maybe even video use, but the phone seems like it could flip out easily.

Anyway - the case is junk. BUT, if you, like me, found the Spigen Slim Armor to be the best case for the S5, the holster here is tip top. Giving it a 3 overall based on that fact alone. Otherwise, don't buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2015 4:44 AM PDT

Stop Losing Golf Headcovers - Head Cover Leash With Bag Strap
Stop Losing Golf Headcovers - Head Cover Leash With Bag Strap
Offered by Head Cover Leash
Price: $9.95
2 used & new from $9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice solution - some suggested improvements, August 17, 2011
I bought two of these units - one for my son's set and one for me and I'm satisfied with them. Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
1. Decent quality - more than strong enough to handle the weight of the covers and any abuse they might receive. The individual clips use an elastic nylon so there's plenty of give and the main clip uses a ballistic nylon that looks solid and it's all constructed well. It's not industrial, but seems strong for the purpose - durability may be a factor over time as the metal is a bit thin in places (though the load is very small).
2. It's reasonably priced - not too bad. But I do wish for the price it came with 4 clips. I have some hybrids along with my woods, so I took an extra leash from my son's rig as he only needed two. Since I could save on the shipping for 2 at once, not a big deal.
3. Clips hold tight once they are on.
4. Keeps my club heads from getting all jacked up or lost - at $20-30 a pop, that's a smart deal

Cons:
1. Everything is metal so it makes some noise. I think it could have all been constructed from quality plastic since the noise has actually started to bother me a little when walking with the things clattering
2. The cover clips are too short and don't open wide enough. The Clip mouths are hard to get on some covers, especially the non-sock type.
3. can't show any harm yet, but it seems that the clips might damage the covers to some degree over time, especially with enough wear and tear from pulling them off the club and then dropping them sharply. Perhaps some plastic clamps that grip over a larger surface would be better advised.

I like them just fine for now - I'm hoping for an improved solution and I would surely buy them in that case. 3.5 stars, but they do the job, so rounding up instead of down.

HDE Display Port Male to DVI Female Adapter
HDE Display Port Male to DVI Female Adapter
Offered by LT-Giant
Price: $4.96
4 used & new from $3.50

2.0 out of 5 stars They worked, but really bad design, August 16, 2011
I have a video card and a setup for work that needed two of these side-by-side. Even if you only needed one of these adapters and used the standard cable next to it, it's bad news (I tried).

These things are NOT engineered to play well with dual port video cards. They are far too wide and really should be dongles instead of straight-line hard plastic adapters. With a corded dongle, one could fit them right next to each other and move the wider DVI ports apart. As it is, they work, but the strain on the ports is not good - the DVI cables make these heavy and pull against the very thin "lock" mechanism built into the DisplayPorts. I ended up having to put two of these side by side (until a dongled version arrived) and this made them go in at non-90 deg. angles, so the connection was unsure and never quite locked in one of the ports.

I guess if you have one port and just need one of these, you'll live with it, but make sure there is no weight from the DVI cable as I busted the DisplayPort cable "lock" due to this. The Display Port just doesn't lend itself well to this rig. The opposite conversion would be fine (DVI ports on the Card, Display Port out), but sadly that's not here.

I strongly recommend looking elsewhere and using something with a cord between the DisplayPort and DVI port.

Fashionable Leather Vertical Pouch Protective Carrying Case with belt clip- Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, but it should be better, August 16, 2011
Not a long review for this one - it looks nice, and the price is decent, but a little bit more expensive than some other options.

I've tried a lot of covers and clips and holsters for my Droid X. This one fits it okay, but I found the flap to be a bit short. The magnet triggered the car dock frequently as well. The clip is also uni-directional so you can't have the phone horizontal if you want (or need). The stitching is a bit overstated, but livable. The logo is definitely a bit much. And mine had a tan interior leather cover, not gray as pictured, though that is mostly not visible with the phone in. Still, I was expecting all black/gray. And the leather scratched quite easily.

I didn't mind this holster, but it had it's drawbacks. For me it was a 2.5, but I may have just been unlucky. If you can deal with the non-rotation (or that's a wanted feature for you), then I'd say it's a 3 - reasonably priced and does what you need.

Naztech Kaskade Case for DROID X, EVO 4G, Galaxy S, and XL PDAs - Black
Naztech Kaskade Case for DROID X, EVO 4G, Galaxy S, and XL PDAs - Black
Offered by Wireless Cornucopia
Price: $10.68
3 used & new from $10.68

4.0 out of 5 stars The one I use, August 16, 2011
I've purchased more than 10 different holsters and cover/clip combos for the Droid X and this is the one I go with. I'm currently experimenting with the BodyGlove one, but I'm already sure I'll be going back to this. So it's the best option I've found if you want a hoster/clip combo. Here's the breakdown:

Pros:
Black leather finish that looks nice without being gawdy. I'm a geek, but I want it to look professional.
Price - really you can't beat it for what you get.
Fits the phone perfectly
The clip is solid, doesn't lift off a belt easily, and rotates with a fairly secure position lock.
Protects the phone on all sides, leaving it without a cover so it fits in the Desk or Car Dock without having to take anything off.

Cons:
The magnet triggers the car dock app consistently.
The flap has no cutout for the power button, so if you pull the flap too tight or bump it in any way, it will activate the phone (which is troublesome when it usually hits car dock mode and then the power button makes it go to the voice recognition mode!)
The leather, upon closer inspection, is kinda cheap and has flaws in many places. Luckily mine were hidden by the flap or on the back of the phone, so not a huge deal, but YMMV.
The phone can be tough to pull out without hitting the buttons. I wish it had the grip area a bit deeper so I could avoid the volume controls.

I won't say it's a con, but it would be nice if you could access the USB port to charge while in the holster (this isn't a deal breaker - just pointing it out)

3.5 stars and rounding up for the great price.

Amzer Rubberized Snap-On Case for Motorola DROID X MB810 - Hot Pink
Amzer Rubberized Snap-On Case for Motorola DROID X MB810 - Hot Pink
Price: $2.80
4 used & new from $2.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Kinda cheap and bad quality control, August 16, 2011
Okay, first this does what it says - it protects the phone if you drop it (except the face). But the plastic is a bit flimsy. It fit my wife's phone well and snaps together without breaking anything, so I guess that's a plus. But it's like 10 cents worth of material and packaging so the price is in the name. The color of the bottom and the top didn't match well either, so it's almost two toned. I bought one very similar to this for 3 bucks and it has a better color consistency and obviously more reasonable pricing. If anyone is buying these things at the mall at retail markup they are out of their mind. I'd say 2.5 stars, but rounding down for the color issues and flimsy plastic. I'm guessing it takes about 3-4 drops before I replace it with the $3 no-name one I bought.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13