Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL
Profile for Randy Harris > Reviews

Randy Harris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Randy Harris RSS Feed (Dallas)

Price: $32.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Time is Losing its Touch, June 28, 2006
This review is from: TIME (Magazine)
A year ago, I could not wait for my Time to arrive every Tuesday. Now, when it arrives, I glance at the Table of Contents and skim a couple of articles. In my opinion, the magazine has become too pop culture. The entire back section is devoted to articles like Brad and Angelina's baby. Don't get me wrong, Time still has great political/historical articles, like this week's Special Report on Teddy Roosevelt. But in general, I think the magazine is declining and will eventually become a "sophisticated" People Magazine.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars News from a Different Perspective, June 28, 2006
Too often in America we are fed news by deceiving journalists (such as those that work for Fox News). The Economist offers news with an agenda that does not always correspond to America's. It is a great resource for furthering ones knowledge of the world, from politics to economics to science to the arts. Best of all, the articles (except for the Special Report) are concise, allowing for an easy read.

American Gospel: God, the Founding Fathers, and the Making of a Nation
American Gospel: God, the Founding Fathers, and the Making of a Nation
by Jon Meacham
196 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Overall Read, June 25, 2006
Meacham's style allowed for a quick, easy read. The book did a great job of discussing both the well known documents relating to religion in American history and the lesser known ones. As I read the introduction, I was dissapointed by the thesis, because it seemed to not really take a definite stance. After finishing the entire book, although I am still annoyed that there is no set standard for what aspects of religion are acceptable in the public arena, I believe that his thesis was supported with an enormous amount of evidence. I recommend the book to anybody interested in the ongoing debate over religion in America.

Godless: The Church of Liberalism
Godless: The Church of Liberalism
by Ann Coulter
491 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Coulter Does Not Believe It, June 12, 2006
Politics has always been my hobby, and I consider myself a liberal. I decided to read part of Coulter's book at Borders last week. The first paragraph of the chapter on science was proof enough for me that Coulter uses this shock and awe method only to get money. I realized that there was no way she could possibly believe what she writes. The last sentence (I believe) of the first paragraph stated that liberals only get excited by science when the research involves Nazi-like embryonic experimentation. My family was fortunate enough to flee Europe prior to Hitler's ascension to power, so my family was spared from joining the status of the 6 million other Jews. But her comparison of stem-cell research which will save lives to Nazi experimentation was so outragreous and disgusting that the only rational explanation I could arrive at is Coulter doesn't really believe what she writes.