Profile for R. J. Rastall > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. J. Rastall RSS Feed

Price: $33.95
2 used & new from $29.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great For Us, January 5, 2015
This review is from: Flyweb Fly Light Fly Trap
In my experience, some items work better for some people than others. We have 4 of these lights. We have one in each bathroom, one in our bedroom and one in the basement in the laundry room. In particular, we bought these because flies were dive bombing us in the night. They stopped that awful experience entirely. In addition, we find all types of small flying insects, mosquitoes, moths, lady bugs, etc. When the sticky card fills (faster on the second floor than the first or basement), a new card is easily inserted. We have replaced all of the lights at least once over a 5 year period. Obviously, not nearly as many bugs are attracted to them in the day as at night. We had a fly infestation in the laundry room last summer and the one light reduced the fly population to zero in about 7 days of use with daily card replacement. We really like them and they have worked very well for us.

Mind Games Pro
Mind Games Pro
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good variety, November 29, 2014
This review is from: Mind Games Pro (App)
Many games good memory workout

Tru Single Serve Pod Coffee Maker
Tru Single Serve Pod Coffee Maker
Offered by MHS Inc
Price: $22.00
11 used & new from $22.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Machine died in less than 1 month., August 29, 2014
I used Senseo machines for years but they are no longer made. I bought this one. Great at first. But within 1 month the temperature guage died. I am trying a second one now. Will update this review if the second one fails within a short period of time.

Gardeneer By Dalen Natural Enemy Scarecrow Rotating Head Owl
Gardeneer By Dalen Natural Enemy Scarecrow Rotating Head Owl
Price: $26.53
47 used & new from $18.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved Our Blueberries from Sea Gulls, July 29, 2014
We have about 15 acres of blueberries. 2 years ago, sea gulls marched through like locust, ate the blueberries and left a mess. A friend told us about these and we ordered 4 of them. We have 2 posts for each owl. They are spread out over the acreage. We move them from post to post every now and then. Last year, no sea gulls but it was a down year for blueberries. This year we have too many blueberries to pick. No sea gulls. There are hundreds around us but none on our property. I have read the reviews of this product. It does not work for everyone. They really work for us.

The Impossible
The Impossible
DVD
Price: $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Picture Quality, May 2, 2013
We bought the Impossible electronically from Amazon. We have purchased many electronic versions of TV shows and movies. However, this one had very bad picture quality. It was difficult at times to discern the actors. The sets were very hard to see. Since this is the only time we have had this problem, I presume it is with the electronic version of the movie itself. Be forewarned!

Corona RS 7160  Razor Tooth Raker Saw, 21" Length, cuts upto 13"
Corona RS 7160 Razor Tooth Raker Saw, 21" Length, cuts upto 13"
Price: $49.84
4 used & new from $49.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Saw I Have Ever Used, November 30, 2012
I have taken out thousands of trees. I used to use a bow saw. My brother told me about this saw. I ordered it and tried it out. At first, I was reluctant to switch because I was faster with the bow saw. But the problem with a bow saw, which becomes aggrevated the larger the tree, is that the cut is not straight. I gave this saw a reprieve. Yes, it is a bit slower, but ultimately I save overall time because there is only a need for one cut. It can be flush with the ground. I have taken out huge trees, either using gravity, or chains and a come-a-long. This saw does it. Live trees or dead trees are no problem. Another thing possible with this saw over a bow saw, you can cut in areas a bow saw will not fit. The end tip is sharp enough to start a cut at a bad angle then allowing more of the blade to work as you saw. It is not very good on 1/4 inch branches (trees) or smaller, but who cares. Have another tool for those situations. Otherwise, there is no other hand saw you need. After I feel a tree, I use it to cut off the branches and cut up the tree. Why am I not using a chain saw? Because I tend to be clumsy. With this saw, the worst thing I have done to myself is draw a bit of blood. I am on my 4th saw (because of all of the trees I have cut). If you use a hand saw on trees, this is the one you need.

Nikon ProStaff 3 Laser Rangefinder, Black
Nikon ProStaff 3 Laser Rangefinder, Black
Offered by Purchase Corner
Price: $239.59
2 used & new from $239.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with aid., September 27, 2012
I have an 18 hole disc golf course. Every couple of years I like to change the course setting 3 par 5 holes, 7 par 4 holes and the rest par 3 holes. Using a long measuring tape works but it takes time.

I have read reviews of various types of rangefinders over the years. I finally took the plunge and bought this one.

It is very easy to use, subject to being able to hold it still. As the pamphlet indicates, it may not be accurate on certain types of serfaces. It is not on disc golf baskets. It is likely because they are metal. It consistently gave a reading that was 30-50 yards too long (having just reset the course, I knew the lengths). I tested it out on trees near the baskets. Those readings were much closer. So, I have a rectangle piece of wood upright in the basket and I get an accurate reading.

This is fine for my application. The next time I reset the course, I mearly have to place the wood in the basket and move it to the desired length.

If I use it on public disc golf courses, most of the time, the length is given. If not, I will try a nearby tree, or subtract 30-50 yeards from a basket.

Disc baskets are large, and I would have thought I would have had an accurate read, but as I wrote, it must be the metal. So, 1 star off 5.

The Poker House
The Poker House
DVD ~ Jennifer Lawrence
13 used & new from $2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest Movie, May 16, 2012
This review is from: The Poker House (DVD)
This is a very well made movie. It has an honesty to it that it like a breath fresh air. Let it flow through your bones. Give it time and be amazed.

NETGEAR Wireless Router - N900 Dual Band Gigabit (WNDR4500v1)
NETGEAR Wireless Router - N900 Dual Band Gigabit (WNDR4500v1)
Offered by Central Deals
Price: $139.00
44 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Attached at last!, November 30, 2011
I could not connect my Kindle Fire to my Linksys 54 wireless router. I could not connect my Sony Blu-Ray DVD player to the Linksys 54 wireless router (except with a 100 ft cable). I tried everything with that rounter and nothing worked. So, I bought this Netgear N900. A snap to connect to the computers in my home. A snap to connect to the Kindle Fire, a snap to connect to the Sony Blu-Ray DVD player. This is a wonderful product and if I could give it more stars, I would.

Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
140 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Customer Support, November 17, 2011
I was so excited about the Kindle Fire. On my home wi-fi, it continualy connects and disconnects. The disconnect happens before I can do much. I tried it at a public wi-fi (McDonalds). No problem with connecting, but when I tried to watch a purchased video, I received a message that the wi-fi was too slow. I was the only patron. So, if all I can do is surf the web and get emails in public places, it will not be worth the cost.

That was my first experience. I own two houses. Because it was Thanksgiving, I traveled to the second home. There, I had no problem with the wi-fi or watching a video. That does not make me happy that it will not work at my principal residence.

Moreover, Amazon contacted me, I think because of my first review, and was willing to help me. Kudos for that. Have you ever had a company contact you with respect to any product and offer to help? I was told by the Amazon rep that he would walk me through the problem. Once I told him it was working at my second home, he suggested I upgrade my software. I was unable to do it at the time and asked that he email me how to do it. So, with repect to assistance, a 5++, but if I still have trouble after the software upgrade, I will be back....

Thanks to fantastic customer support, and due to function, I rate it 5 stars now. After installing the software upgrade, my purchased videos inddicated I had to pay to watch them. I contacted Amazon and later that day it was fixed. I started using it, and it is great fun. Videos, music, all work great. It is a fun product, and now, thatnks to customer support, easy to use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2011 6:49 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2