Profile for gbd-luv2cook > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

gbd-luv2cook RSS Feed (Greenville, South Carolina)

Page: 1 | 2
Autumn Bronze Damask Scroll Thanksgiving Tablecloth 60x144 Rectangle
Autumn Bronze Damask Scroll Thanksgiving Tablecloth 60x144 Rectangle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great color for Thanksgiving and it came In a hard to find size!, January 6, 2015
This is a beautiful rust-bronze colored cloth. It fit my large dining table perfectly. (I ordered the 140" cloth). The runner I had for Thanksgiving matched perfectly. My table looked beautiful! Washes well too! No need to dry clean!

Satiny Black Table Runner with Silver Glitter Swirls for Weddings, Parties and Everyday Decor
Offered by factorydirectcraft
Price: $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for an elegant table setting!, January 6, 2015
The item arrived on time and was well packaged....however the quality of this item is quite poor. The material hardly qualifies as satin...it's stiff as a board and the glitter is a mess! It was all over the floor when I took the runner out of the bag and then it was all over the table after I laid it down. It ruined the elegant look I was after for my table on New Year's Eve. I retuned it to Amazon the very next day and they took it back without a problem.

Silver Jeans Juniors Tuesday Mid Bermuda Short, Indigo, 28
Silver Jeans Juniors Tuesday Mid Bermuda Short, Indigo, 28
Offered by HAYS INC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and half the price that Macy's charges!, September 18, 2014
Love love love these shorts!!! After buying my first pair at Macy's for nearly double what Amazon offered them for, I was delighted to find them and purchased two more pairs. Not too low...sits nicely below the waist but still covers enough so that you don't end up with a "muffin top"! The color isn't too "faded"...more of a stone wash. Highly recommend!

Big Little Lies
Big Little Lies
by Liane Moriarty
Price: $16.16
118 used & new from $13.30

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a murder mystery...it feels like Moriarty plucked her characters from my children's elementary school!!, September 18, 2014
This review is from: Big Little Lies (Hardcover)
If I could give this 10 stars I would! It's quite a long book, but I read it in just a few days. It "grabs" you from the very first chapter and doesn't let go! I read nearly 10 murder mysteries this summer and this was by far my favorite. I am usually fond of the "grisly" murder mysteries (ie: Kathy Reichs, Patricia Cornwell, Robert Baldacci...etc.) but I purchased this from Amazon because of the great reviews. Being a parent of three children and having been on many PTAs, PTOs, PTSAs, etc...I felt a real connection to the story. It begins with the murder already committed and the author brilliantly flashes back to six months prior and leads the reader ultimately to the night of the murder. Be it good or bad....I think every reader will feel a connection to almost every character that Moriarty beautifully creates. Your heart bleeds for the children of these "tarnished" parents as well for the parents themselves. This book isn't so much about the "murder" but more about how everyone is a suspect and their reasons for committing the crime seem almost justified. Maybe we all have "big little lies" that we hide from our family, friends and even ourselves. What a GREAT read!! This is the only book that I have ever read that as soon as I was done I sent the Amazon link to all my friends suggesting they pick it up.

EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Lighted Display, 400 lb. Capacity and "Step-On" Technology [2014 VERSION] - 10,000+ Reviews EatSmart Guaranteed Accurate
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $39.95
25 used & new from $28.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great scale except for the poor leg/feet construction ...., August 19, 2014
Loved loved loved this scale until the legs fell off. This scale is accurate and well built except for the the little feet/legs that hold it up. Through the years I have had to "gingerly" slide the scale from against the wall to a few inches away so that I could step on it. It has always performed well...and I will probably reorder another but I am hoping that the feet on this scale have been improved since 2011. Prior to having two of the four legs snap off (and I assure you we have not been abusive to this scale) it performed well and we have consistently relied on its accuracy for years. Just wish that for the price I didn't have to order another due to defective construction.

Pernigotti Wafer Dark Chocolate Bar 38g (25-pack)
Pernigotti Wafer Dark Chocolate Bar 38g (25-pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love chocolate...then these are for you!, June 22, 2014
Stumbled across these wafer cookies at EPCOT in the Italy pavilion. Enjoyed these with a glass of Pinot Grigio while watching the fireworks show! They are delicious..and the dark chocolate is sweet..not bitter at all like some darks can be. The wafer is light and crispy. It is a good size bar...so it can be shared....but I always end up eating the whole thing myself! We saved the wrapper and when we got home I searched for them and found them on Amazon. We are still working our way through the box...but they are meant to savor...not eaten regularly like a store bought cookie. Enjoy!

Loving Family Sterling Silver Parent Child Charm, 3 Children
Loving Family Sterling Silver Parent Child Charm, 3 Children
Offered by Southwest Spirit Jewelry
Price: $29.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Charm...Beautiful! Packaging....not so good, May 29, 2014
The charm is perfect, just the right size for a necklace or Pandora bracelet. It was shipped is a padded envelope and the nice box that it came in was crushed. Not a big deal if you are buying this for yourself...but I gave it as a gift and had to find a new box that was similar in size. Amazon should make sure the charm is shipped in a sturdy mailing box.

Deco Crystal Chrome Universal Light Kit
Deco Crystal Chrome Universal Light Kit
Offered by LAMPS PLUS
Price: $150.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a beautiful light. My contractor had to make some minor ..., April 19, 2014
This is a beautiful light. My contractor had to make some minor adjustments to get it to fit on to the ceiling fan..but nothing big. It casts a "mirror ball" light effect on the ceiling. We attached it to a black ceiling fan and it looks fantastic .

Manfrotto 808RC4 3-Way Standard Head with Quick Release Plate 410PL (Black)
Manfrotto 808RC4 3-Way Standard Head with Quick Release Plate 410PL (Black)
Offered by Cambridgeworld
Price: $118.99
16 used & new from $59.16

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this 3-way head, April 19, 2014
I love this 3-way head. Allows for all ranges of motion and there is no creeping. Camera stays exactly where I want it. It is a large and heavy head, but the handles come off and it fits nicely in my gear bag if I choose to remove it from the tripod.

Case Logic SLRC-203 Large SLR Camera Bag (Black)
Case Logic SLRC-203 Large SLR Camera Bag (Black)
Price: $48.95
17 used & new from $48.95

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this bag, April 19, 2014
LOVE this bag. I have a lot of camera gear and sometimes I don't want to bring it everywhere. This bag allows me to bring what I need for a particular shoot. Macro, wide angle and zoom all fit it in the side pockets..not at the same time though. Only two pockets so I just bring the two I need and attach a third to the camera body and it fits nicely I to the main section of the bag.

Page: 1 | 2