Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Antony P. Keith > Reviews

Browse

Antony P. Keith's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Antony P. Keith "Avid music listener" RSS Feed

The Christmas Trilogy (3CD/DVD)
The Christmas Trilogy (3CD/DVD)
Price: $34.37
39 used & new from $19.47

4.0 out of 5 stars TSO kicks Christmas in it's tired old butt, September 2, 2009
I'm not a huge fan of the commercialism of Christmas, or the mistakes in exactly WHAT it is that people are celebrating. Even the fact that 99% of people celebrating Christmas, don't attend Church on a regular basis, or the fact that Christmas was actually stolen from the pagans. Christmas carols have always bugged the [...] out of me because they are supposed to be warm and fuzzy and that just isn't how it always is. however, TSO brings some fresh air to Christmas music by bringing it to life. This is NOT your grand parents Christmas. While each CD does offer some soft music for the older and younger people, it also has some fast-paced hard music for the teen and young adult people. The combination of the three CHristmasn albums is wonderful as you don't have to spent $20 odd on each CD individually. Get all three at once. The DVD flows along the same lines at the CD's do. the DVD is NOT a live concert of TSO. It is a Christmas story of a runaway girl who has an experiance at an old theater with a kind hearted caretaker. However, the music is wonderful and it makes you feel "All warm and fuzzy inside". Al together it is a good set.

Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour
Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour
DVD ~ Michael Jackson
Price: $9.99
98 used & new from $0.55

5.0 out of 5 stars But all creative Genuis' are strange, June 18, 2009
I was a fan of Michael Jackson when I was young, I had several of his albums, and I loved it. In my teen years I faded out of his music, but have been getting back into it recently. I never had this video as a child, but I'm glad to have it now. The show it approx. 2 hours long, and it's a great 2 hours. There are several costume changes, wonderful classic MJ dancing (which means incredible) and even some awesome sets. Since this video was recorded in 1992 you get to go back and remember Michael when he was at a high point of fame. Now having him with all the sex stuff and how weird he has become known for, it's such a change to see him back then. The video is complete with frantic fans, crying fans, and fainting fans! It is kind of scary to watch girls crying their eyes out over the very appearance of Michael, and fainting! There is a one second part where within the first two songs you see a girl who has fainted and a security guard is slapping her on the face repeatedly, trying to wake her up, but it doesn't work. You have to feel a bit bad for these fans because they go to a concert, and don't make in 2 songs in before they faint, and miss the rest of the concert! At one point you see an amazing split-second switch as a girl is taken from the crowd and guided up to have Michael sing to her and she is in total awe and peaceful and hugging Michael and all is safe, then the guards try to take her away and in a split second she goes from peaceful, to frantic! Aside from the fan shots though it really is an amazing performance, the ending is a little long as a crew is brought on stage to put Michael in some sort of jet pack so he can fly off the stage. It takes several minutes and kind of slows down what could be a really cool ending.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2010 4:38 PM PST

Jeff Dunham: Arguing with Myself
Jeff Dunham: Arguing with Myself
DVD ~ Jeff Dunham
Offered by amazingmedia
Price: $8.19
208 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply: The Best., January 11, 2009
This DVD was the first I ever heard of from Jeff Dunham. The first time I saw it was late at night and I was the only one awake in the house, I couldn't stop pounding my fist sharply on the couch as I continually fell over crying of laughter (I couldn't laugh out loud as I would have woken up my room mates) but that didn't stop me from falling on the couch in laughter over and over. One of the funniest comedians to come along in years. The best thing about Jeff Dunham is that unlike comedians like Dane Cook and Ron White and even politically incorrect comedians like Dennise Miller: Jeff Dunham actually makes you LAUGH! His comedy, even when talking about social and political issues is presented in a light-hearted way as not to be "We're all F&$#ed" but rather "This is Funny". With Walter and Peanut and the other characters you get conversational comedy which makes it more enjoyable than just a 90 minute monologue. FUNNY AS HELL!

EVANESCENCE "Origin" CD by BIGWIG, 11 tracks
EVANESCENCE "Origin" CD by BIGWIG, 11 tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Darker but better, January 9, 2009
Before I start this review I'd like to say that the very fact that this CD is barely known and kind of went 'Under the radar" whereas Fallen became quite famous is a true shame. I guess people heard how dark the CD is and got scared that Evanescence was a bunch of super depressed kids when that is simply not the case. If you get their DVD you will see that they are actually quite goofy at times, but that's besides the point. This CD is much darker than Fallen, but a lot better in my opinion. Whisper, My Immortal and Lies are 3 of my favorite tracks and the opening is truly artistic and it grabs you and pulls you in.

Comatose Comes Alive
Comatose Comes Alive
Price: $10.68
43 used & new from $1.84

1.0 out of 5 stars An HONEST review from a hard core music fan, December 25, 2008
This review is from: Comatose Comes Alive (Audio CD)
Before I start this review I would like to point out 2 FACTS about myself. #1 I LOVE rock music. #2 I am a moderate fan of Skillet. I own Collide and Comatose and very much like the songs featured on Comatose Comes Alive. The ALBUM VERSIONS. I would also like to point out how sad I am at the lack of quality in some Christian music today, and peoples fear of writing a bad review. If the album sucks, say that it sucks. In regards to my opinion about Skillet. I do like them, however, I think that Skillet is not talented enough to be a great band, but they are not bad enough to suck. If they had just a bit more talent, they could be great, however if they had a bit less talent, they would suck. This middle area is NOT a good place to be in. Now I must say that Live CD/DVD's are really great because they let you live the experience of seeing a band live over and over. Earlier this year tobyMac released his live CD/DVD Alive and transported and it is FANTASTIC! I have been a fan of tobyMac since I saw him in 2003 and I have never been disappointed. The thing about Toby is that he is kind of a perfectionist and doesn't like releasing something that he doesn't think is quality music. He will work on something and fix all the kinks BEFORE releasing it. Unfortunately not all bands are as professional with their music as Toby is, which is the actual case with Comatose Comes Alive. It saddens me that Skillet would be so confident about their fans blind music taste as to release a piece of s%$&t like "Comatose Comes Alive" and not be issuing apologies for the extreme lack of quality! I bought Comatose Comes Alive and was moderately excited as it features so many of my Skillet favorites like Comatose, Collide, Rebirthing and Whispers in the dark. However when I listened to the CD I was very saddened by the lack of sound quality. Now I don't know who didn't do their job right, but somewhere along the line someone F%&ked up and ruined the project. The violin is weakened, the drums are underdone, and John Coopers voice is WAY to raspy. Rebrithing is one of my favorite Skillet songs. I LOVE THIS SONG! The violin intro is fantastic and the song has a good sound, then I heard the live version and was nauseated. I will say that the best part of the album is the intro and Comatose. Unfortunately after those two tracks everything else is down hill and fast. I have seen Skillet in concert twice and do not think that they are bad, in concert. I do understand that they are not the only ones who had say in the production of this CD/DVD. I understand there are many hands that this package went through. However, at the end of the day it is their name which goes on the package and it is their name which gets soiled or praised based on the quality of it. In closing I find it very wrong that Christian artists these days are sometimes producing crap and scapegoating the lack of quality with "Well we're not doing it for you, we're doing it for God". Well I'm sorry, I don't care how loving God is but if you are singing bad music with a bad voice alone in your room to god then I don't care what you sound like, but as soon as you want my hard earned money for your piece of media, then what you do "For God" DOES effect me because I have to listen to that music. In Alive and Transported tobyMac says "I know you paid your hard earned money for those tickets, so my promise to you from myself and the Diverse City band is this: We're going to give you every thing we got" And he does. I think Skillet should stop trying to be famous, and start trying to be good. Sometimes, you have to put your product back in the oven for a while to let it bake fully. Nobody wants to eat a half-cooked chicken and nobody should want to listen to a half-baked live album. No matter how popular the band is. Remember: Popular doesn't always mean good. Don't waste your money.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 12:41 PM PST

Jeff Dunham: Spark of Insanity
Jeff Dunham: Spark of Insanity
DVD ~ Jeff Dunham
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $7.20
135 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeff Dunham is FUNNY AS HELL!, October 13, 2008
I am a fan of Jeff Dunham so my review is a bit biased. Spark of Insanity is a hilarious program that is suitable for most of the family (I don't think little children will get the more mature jokes). Cleaner that "Arguing with myself" though, I don't mind the swearing. Familiar puppets Walter, Peanut and Jose come with new material and Jeff introduces two new guys: Achmed the dead terrorist" and "Melvin the superhero". The jokes with the new superhero's are about their characters, while the jokes with Walter, Peanut and Jose are more like Jeff just chatting with his buddies. All 100% "Funny as Hell"

Anywhere But Home (w/ bonus DVD)
Anywhere But Home (w/ bonus DVD)
Price: $11.43
71 used & new from $0.94

5.0 out of 5 stars From a beginner Evanescence fan, September 21, 2008
First I would like to say that my fan fare of Evanescence is quite new, I've only gotten into them over the past 6 months or so, but I do have all their albums. anywhere but home is a pretty good CD/DVD. The live CD captures the energy of the concert and for the first time I found an artist that does not take any songs or addition commentray out of the CD that was included in the Live DVD. What you see in the DVD live concert is what you get in the Live CD. The DVD is great. The concert has that evanescence feel and it is filled with great behind the scenes footage. They have before the show, during the show clips, after the show, and life on the road as well as some bloopers and funny story's. A Must Have for Any evanescence fan.