Profile for Anthony R > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anthony R RSS Feed (Lincoln, NE, US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bundle Monster 8pc Luxury Mens Gold and Silver Finish Necktie Tie Bar Clip Mix Set
Offered by Bundle Monster
Price: $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice set but not complete, January 31, 2014
I like this set of tie clips; however, it would be nice to have solid silver clip without a design.

Samsung Da29-00020b Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-pack
Samsung Da29-00020b Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-pack
Price: $33.99
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Standard Samsung Filter, January 31, 2014
The best price per filter always varies on this product. Lately it has been the single packs, but I have bought the 3 packs in the past.

TRENDnet Wireless N Pan, Tilt, Zoom Network Surveillance Camera with 1-Way Audio and Night Vision, TV-IP651WI (White)
Offered by CircuitCity
Price: $66.86
4 used & new from $62.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent camera under developed software, January 31, 2014
I bought this camera to serve as a baby monitor. It works great for this purpose. I didn't have any difficulty setting up the camera; however, I tend to be network savy (I have several wireless routers set up with DD-WRT to create wireless access points around the house). Most normal users might have to set up a bit of time to make sure everything is configured properly. I haven't tried to forward the ports of the camera so I can access it via internet because I am not using it in a security setting (just when I am home) so the intranet access is good enough for me. My biggest complaint is that the smartphone app lacks many of the features of the web browser such as being able to specify the location of the camera angle. Instead you have to slowly pan the camera using the arrow buttons.

Boggie
Boggie
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hungarian Artist, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Boggie (MP3 Music)
I would classify most of Boggie's songs closer to folk pop rather than pop/jazz that her web bio offers, but their are a few tunes that have a stronger jazz component (i.e. Japankert, Feelin'). So perhaps it would be fair to say she combines folk, pop, and jazz. The best comparisons to singers i am familiar with would be She & Him, Colbie Cailat, Sara Bareiles, but as with making generalizations between many artists they are not perfectly identical.

While Boggie sings in three languages (Hungarian, French, and English), it is obvious that English is not her native language but she does a good job through most of the words. The song that she struggles the most with would probably be God Takes It. All of the songs are catchy and most of them are growing on me after a couple of listens. However, the stars of the album are Parfum (Perfume) and Noveau Parfum (New Perfume). They are the same tune (different lyrics) sung in Hungarian and French respectively. The French version has a strong message about being who you are. The music video for Noveau Parfum is what drove me to buy the album to support such a strong positive message (also driving my 5 star rating which helps to make up for the one or two weaker tracks). Some of my other favorites on the album include Je Veux L'aventure (I Want Adventure), Sing Lullaby, Sympathique (Sympathetic), and Japanese Garden.

LG Electronics HBS-730 Tone+ Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - White
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $53.95
37 used & new from $32.71

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent stero bluetooth but could use some improvements, December 3, 2013
I like this bluetooth because I can listen to music and talk. I have three complaints. 1) Storing it when not in use. It doesn't fold up nicely to fit in a pocket and wearing it all the time looks silly to most people. 2) It is awkward to wear sometimes because it wants to slide off my shirt whenever I bend over or take off my coat. Some sort of clip would be nice to help hold it. Especially if this is targeted to those who use it exercising. 3) It seems to have a pretty short range. When I wear my phone on my right hip it occasionally loses the bluetooth connection. This makes me think that the transmitter/receiver is in the left side of the device.

Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel  Fountain Raindrop Design
Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Fountain Raindrop Design
Offered by Great Price Fast Service
Price: $30.52
29 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bowl. Just be sure to align the pump, pump case, and lid properly., December 3, 2013
My cat loves this water bowl! She initially drank from the pool, but I have caught her drinking from the flowing water recently. I followed the advice of one of the other reviewers here on Amazon. I washed the bowl several times to get rid of the funky rubber smell. My biggest complaint is that the pump, pump casing, and stainless steel lid do not always line up. This means that it reduces the water flow (or completely blocks it). After some trial and error I managed to align it properly (the built in alignment marks weren't accurate for my bowl).

Noritake Colorwave Graphite Mini Bowl, 4-Inch
Noritake Colorwave Graphite Mini Bowl, 4-Inch
Price: $8.99
4 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Color of replacement matched original set bought 4 years prior, December 3, 2013
These are pretty solid dishes, but I have had to replace a few pieces over the years due to chips and breakage. Which is why I bought a replacement from Amazon. Bone China is of better quality, but the cost and quality of the stoneware makes it affordable for general all-purpose use. I was surprised how well the color of the new bowl matched our original set. This indicates that Noritake does a good job ensuring the color remains constant between the batches. I do recommend these dishes for those who want a set of quality dishes on a budget or for general purpose use. If you want true formal dinnerware look towards the Bone China. We have Lennox brand that hasn't chipped or broke (however, we generally only use them for special occasions).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2014 4:02 PM PST

AmazonBasics USB 3.0 Cable - A Male to Micro B - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters)
AmazonBasics USB 3.0 Cable - A Male to Micro B - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters)
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid cables for general purpose use, December 3, 2013
Bought 3 of these for my Note 3 (I like to have one at work, home, and car in case I ever need one to charge my phone or connect it to a computer). They all tested great between my phone and computer. They work well with most of my wall and car chargers. The only problem I have is with one charger keeping my phone charged with heavy use. I can't blame the cable for that because it is the problem of the charger (pretty low 1A output).

PortaCell Dual USB Port 2A 10w (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger - Black
PortaCell Dual USB Port 2A 10w (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger - Black
Offered by EVERSTAR
Price: $5.95
3 used & new from $1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality charger at an affordable price, December 3, 2013
I noticed my Note 3 wasn't charging very well when I was using it as a GPS device. I looked down and saw that it was plugged in the 1A port. I switched to the 2.4A port and it went from 52% to 100% in less than an hour (I have a USB 3.0 cable). Great little charger that doesn't take up much room.

i-Blason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III N9000 Prime Series Dual Layer Holster Case with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip (Red)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough and functional, December 3, 2013
I love this case. My hip holster for my HTC EVO 4G required me to expose my phone whenever I was using it. This design protects my Note 3 both on and off my hip. I also like the stand that is built in. My only complaint is that I wish the stand would allow for both a horizontal and vertical orientation. Considering the quality of the build, I couldn't justify knocking off a star.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5