Profile for fadertrader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

fadertrader "fadertrader" RSS Feed (new york, ny United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Starting Strength, 3rd edition
Starting Strength, 3rd edition
by Mark Rippetoe
Price: $22.13
34 used & new from $22.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, October 7, 2014
Great book. A no nonsense book to basic Olympic lifts. I really enjoyed reading this book and frequently go back to reference it. Well written, and Mark is a seasoned veteran lifter. Buy and don't worry; money well spent

Pet 'n Shape Chik 'n Skewers Dog Treats, 16 oz.
Pet 'n Shape Chik 'n Skewers Dog Treats, 16 oz.
Price: $16.40
16 used & new from $15.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but pricey, October 7, 2014
Good but too expensive. My dogs love these but the price keeps going up every time I go to reorder them.

Olympic Lock-Jaw Barbell Collar
Olympic Lock-Jaw Barbell Collar
Offered by Clever Training
Price: $32.99
9 used & new from $31.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, October 7, 2014
Not the best for Olympic lifting. I frequently drop weights from the overhead position and these collars pop right off almost half the time. I'm looking for a steel collar that locks in better; this ain't it.

Proseries Double Shoulder Ice Pack System
Proseries Double Shoulder Ice Pack System
Offered by Return2Fitness
Price: $66.75
4 used & new from $64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap but effective, June 21, 2014
I have a fairly serious shoulder injury from weightlifting so I was looking for an ice pack for post workout recovery. After looking at several different shoulder packs, I came across the "Proseries Double Pack." It's a little cumbersome to get on (most are I find anyway) but once it's in place, my hands are free and it stays very well for a long period of time. What I like about this is that it uses real ice rather than gel packs, which I find, don't stay cold very long. I gave it 4 stars only because it's a tad bit expensive but the actual shoulder pack itself I give 5 stars. I've tried a few different packs and this I found to be the best. I recommend this shoulder pack if you can afford to spend a little more and have a serious shoulder inflammation problem like I do. Best of luck.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 12:19 PM PDT

Gillingham High Performance Heavy Duty Hand Gripper (Level 2 (125lbs))
Gillingham High Performance Heavy Duty Hand Gripper (Level 2 (125lbs))
Offered by Gillingham High Performance
Price: $25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars King of the Grips, January 19, 2014
These are simply the best! They are made of high quality steel with etched handles for incredible grip. These are not for the faint of heart however and you may be slightly overwhelmed when you realize how weak you are compared to the industry standard. But don't let that discourage you. I'm on handle number 4 right now. My grip on all movements ie pullups, deadlift, kettle bell swings etc has gotten considerably better. Whether your a powerlifter, a regular gym member or a crossfitter like me, these are definitely going to help strengthen whatever you hold onto. Good luck.

Wrist Strength Wraps for Weightlifting - Excellent for Crossfit and Olympic Weightlifting - Black and Gold
Offered by Behind The Bar
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wraps!, December 14, 2013
These are really good wraps because they are so flexible. If your doing crossfit, like me, the big thick wrist wraps are usually too bulky to complete a workout of various movements. These are light, strong and flexible so it allows you to do various excercises without any loss of mobility. I highly recommend them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and Sticky, November 15, 2013
Great Stuff. You can put this on, take a shower and it stays on no problem. I use it for my Crossfit classes. I sprained my calf, so I taped it up with the Rocktape, and it has been working out well. Yes, its slightly expensive but I find in life most of the higher quality items (not all) you have to pay more for. This is definitely one of them. If you have an injury, I don't see how this can hurt you, at the very least. i highly recommend this product.

Grandmaster Repertoire 12: The Modern Benoni
Grandmaster Repertoire 12: The Modern Benoni
by (Chess player) Marian Petrov
Price: $23.69
49 used & new from $18.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Modern Benoni book, July 28, 2013
I'm a huge fan of the "Grandmaster Repertoire" series that GM jacob Aagaard started a few years back. In addition, I play and am fascinated with the modern benoni. So with a slight bias, I have to say that I really like this book (although I'm not finished with it yet) The lines that GM Petrov have chosen are pretty clear and sharp. The benoni is a sharp opening to begin with, so my biggest fear was that the author would be too conservative in his approach, which fortunately he was most definitely not. He addressed some of the sharpest variations right in the first 5 or 6 chapters and in my opinion, he did a pretty good job. Chapters 15 & 16 are the lines without an early e4 push by white and instead add 7Bf4 which can be quite annoying for black. I like the lines the author gives; very aggressive. Overall, I would highly recommend the book to any aspiring benoni player. Good luck

On Your Own
On Your Own
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song, June 17, 2013
This review is from: On Your Own (MP3 Music)
It's probably a one hit wonder but I don't care. This is a great song. I would definitely download it.

Karpov's Strategic Wins 2: The Prime Years: 1986-2010 (Volume 2)
Karpov's Strategic Wins 2: The Prime Years: 1986-2010 (Volume 2)
by Tibor Karolyi
Price: $22.69
41 used & new from $17.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Positional Chess at its Best, May 22, 2013
This is a great book. Book 1 is also. Karpov was a positional chess genius. I highly recommend this book to anyone

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5