Profile for a customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

a customer RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Basic Math and Pre-Algebra Workbook For Dummies
Basic Math and Pre-Algebra Workbook For Dummies
by Mark Zegarelli
59 used & new from $1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Problem, June 9, 2009
I feel the workbook is a lot of help.

I feel the operation signs: could have been in a larger type size. It would be easy to misinterpret the division and addition signs if you weren't working in good light, and your eyesight wasn't 20/20. Otherwise I like and recommend the book.

I'm going to get a magnifying glass.

Midland WR100 Weather Radio (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Midland WR100 Weather Radio (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by HOT SPOT
Price: $20.10
62 used & new from $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Last, March 10, 2008
Ive had this radio about a year and haven't used it much in that time period. I turned it on this week and the radio is dead. My next weather radio will be another brand.

Microsoft® Visual Basic® 2005 Express Edition: Build a Program Now!
Microsoft® Visual Basic® 2005 Express Edition: Build a Program Now!
by Patrice Pelland
Price: $16.99
57 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me!, July 27, 2007
I am a person who has no prior programming.

I bought this book with the expectation that I could teach myself the basic material in Visual Basic 2005--I was wrong. I'm going to try another approach with another book or a course.

I got to the first project, which I think was too extensive as a starting point. I feel they needed to start out with a less extensive project--a confidence builder.

That's my take and maybe I need a Dummy book.

PC Tools Spyware Doctor 2007
PC Tools Spyware Doctor 2007
8 used & new from $2.34

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Much Help, April 16, 2007
In the instruction pamphlet under Scan Tools, there is a list of what the program scans.

One of the functions is a Registry Scanner--"This is a fast scanner that analyzes the Windows Registry for traces of known malware."

The bottom line--I have an infected registry which was discovered by my antivirus program and the Spyware Doctor doesn't know it's there. I do keep Spyware Doctor up to date.

I'm still looking for an effective spyware application.

Spanish Is Fun: Lively Lessons for Beginners, Book 1, 3rd Edition (English and Spanish Edition)
by Heywod Wald
83 used & new from $0.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Caution . . ., March 28, 2007
I purchased Spanish is Fun and the workbook.

I was looking for a home study course in Spanish and this is not it. I think if you're in a classroom situation the book would be wonderful.

You need a Teacher's Manual and Key to get the answers for all quizzes and unit tests to make this useful as a home study course.

GE Cordless 2.4 GHz 27851GE1 Cordless Phone with Call Waiting Caller ID and Digital Answering System - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Caller ID is subpar, March 17, 2007
I'm satisfied with the phone and the answering machine portion of the product.

I bought two of these phones. I bought both for the caller ID feature, and that's where I'm disappointed. The incoming telephone numbers are very difficult to read and I don't think they store the number of calls they claim. I keep a minimag close to the phone to try to determine who's calling.

BitDefender Antivirus 10.0 [Old Version]
BitDefender Antivirus 10.0 [Old Version]

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems!, February 22, 2007
I've had all the major antivirus programs at one time or another.

BitDefender installed easily and I don't believe it's slowed down my computer any more than any of the other programs I've used in the past.

It found a virus on my first scan after installating the program.

Linux Made Easy: The Official Guide to Xandros 3 for Everyday Users
Linux Made Easy: The Official Guide to Xandros 3 for Everyday Users
by Rickford Grant
73 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Much Help, November 28, 2006
I have installed Xandros version 4 and at the present time Xandros doesn't recognize my Canon printer nor my external DVD-rw drive. I haven't tried my scanner, yet.

I'm looking for a book that will help me get up and running and I don't think this is the book for me.

If I can't get my peripherals running I'm going to have to change OS.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2008 7:42 PM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs Better Packaging, November 15, 2006
I'm happy with the shirts from Land's End.

The package arrived in very rough condition. There were about 5 large holes in the packaging and I could see the shirts through the holes.

The package survived either rough handling or possibly being tampered with enroute.

I don't know if I'll order from them again because of the packaging.

Xandros Desktop Home Edition Premium V4
Xandros Desktop Home Edition Premium V4

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not the answer for me!, October 25, 2006
I purchased this product and I'm disappointed.

In the product description it states that you have a Security Suite with Xandros. Mine doesn't work and for it to work you have to purchase the updates from the Xandros Store--it's more expensive than my equivalent suite I'm using with Windows XP.

If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to Microsoft, in my opinion this is not it. Xandros has a store to sell the add-ons and they're not cheap. Keep your plastic handy. There are apps that run under Windows that you're not going to be able to use with Xandros.

I build my computers and all is not lost. Xandros is a good substitute for "Burn-in" software.

I may try another Linux distribution.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3