Profile for Robert Strong > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Strong "photojournalist" RSS Feed (Key West, Florida)

Travel Bag - Suit (Black) (44" X 24" X 5")
Travel Bag - Suit (Black) (44" X 24" X 5")
Offered by Hold N Storage
Price: $9.59
14 used & new from $9.58

1.0 out of 5 stars The right size, but shoddy manufacture, August 4, 2011
This bag would be just what I needed, except that the stitching around the zipper has completely unraveled after less than 2 months' use, rendering the product worthless.

100 Maverick Postcards: Pictures, Images & Thoughts for Each Conceivable Occasion
by Alan Fletcher
Edition: Cards
Price: $20.90
32 used & new from $16.70

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that varied a selection, cheesy aesthetic, May 21, 2008
Out of the 100, I found three that I'd be willing to spend a stamp on. Definitely investigate Mr. Fletcher's visual style and see if it turns your crank, because the cards are almost all one aesthetic, and I found it cheesy and dated (mid 80's, maybe?). I'm keeping the wooden box (which was a little broken, but easily fixable with gaffer's tape), but I have no use for 97% of the cards. If you're looking for a nice varied set of beautiful photo postcards, as I was, you can't go wrong with Postcards: 50 Postcards from the Book 'Magnum' (Postcards)

Flash Journalism: How to Create Multimedia News Packages
Flash Journalism: How to Create Multimedia News Packages
by Mindy McAdams
Price: $46.82
83 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars 85% of perfect, May 16, 2006
Very clearly explained for people who have no experience in flash. However, it didn't get me all the way to where I wanted to be. I wanted to produce an audio slide show that featured a) faded transitions, b) synchronization to the audio track, c) seamless loading on the user's end, and d) dynamically loaded content for ease of re-use. Although the book teaches a, b, c and d individually, it never puts them all together; the "final project" doesn't incorporate syncronization or seamless loading, and the audio-sync slide show it teaches doesn't have dynamic content or faded transitions. However, I feel well equipped to pick up a more thorough flash book to take me the rest of the way, and I'm glad I started with this one (a more general starter book would likely have covered topics of no use to me, like advanced animation et cetera).