Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Dude > Reviews

Browse

Dude's Profile

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dude RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
Price: $159.50
135 used & new from $128.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great router for large home with lots of wireless connections, Get the proprietary one from Best Buy (AC68P), April 20, 2016
Get the proprietary one from Best Buy (AC68P)

I upgraded to this from a TPLINK Archer C8 and am very pleased. I moved into a larger house about a year ago and bought the Archer based on smallnetbuilders reviews. It was ok but didnt really cover the whole house so I hooked up a powerline ethernet to an access point on the other side of the house to get coverage. The setup was ok, but it was always kind of flaky with periods of slowness. I have about 20-25 devices that hook up to the internets so needed a better solution.

Did lots of research and narrowed down to the AC68P and Netgear Nighthawk 7000. I chose the Asus based on my previous experience with the RTN53. All I can say is that it lives up to all the reviews. The 5G coverage is insane, I've done speed tests on all corners of the house (3 story 5000ish sq ft) and every time its getting my max internet speed (30 down, 6 up). Setup is easy, stability is great, it just sits there and cranks out speed.

I would recommend getting the one from best buy only because it has updated hardware over the 68U. If you are on the fence buy it with confidence.

Volutz Equilibrium Series Nylon Braided Micro-USB to USB Cable - Assorted Lengths (10 Feet, 6.5 Feet, 3X 3.3 Feet), Pack of 5
Offered by The Ago! - USA
Price: $54.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, August 10, 2015
Pros:
They are nice looking cords when they work.

Cons:
Most of mine have stopped working after about 2 months of use.

Conclusion:
I would shop elsewhere

***Update 8/16***
The day I posted this review I was contacted by customer support informing me that they had traced my order back to a defective batch that they stopped selling. They offered to replace my cables for free if in turn I would take down my review. I am not going to take down my review, but I feel this is excellent customer if indeed there was a defect and I'm not being fed a line of bs. So if I do get new cables for free and I do have a better than the first experience with them I will update this review...otherwise I would still avoid.

Cellet Slim 3.5mm Pin to 3.5 mm Input Mini-Jack Adapter Extender Jack for Apple iPhone 4 4s 5 5s 5c 6 6s Plus - Retail Packaging
Price: $2.49
9 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect if you need a slim fit cable, January 14, 2014
I have a Spigen case for my GS4 and love it, except for the narrow headphone port. Prior to getting this item only the oem headphones would work. Now I can use a 3.5mm jack no matter how fat the plug is. Thank you for fulfilling a need that Spigen created with their narrow case port.

If you are looking for a 3.5mm extension to fit a narrow case opening look no further.

Nerf N-Strike Elite Rayven Cs-18 Blaster
Nerf N-Strike Elite Rayven Cs-18 Blaster
6 used & new from $200.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish they had these when I was a kid, August 15, 2013
When I was a kid we played guns a lot, but never had anything this cool. My oldest son who is 8 wanted one so I checked it out and ordered one for him and his younger brother (6). They love these guns and play with them quite a bit. My oldest even made a video demo showing me one of his friends before we got them, which I thought was cool.

The gun itself seems durable and should last a while. Loading the clip is easy and additional darts a cheap. Emptying the clip is as simple as holding down the power button and pulling the trigger as fast as you can. Only con is they take lots of batteries.

Creative A220 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System
Creative A220 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System
Offered by goHastings
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good media speakers, August 15, 2013
Pros:
Price
Sound quality is good for this price range

Cons:
Cheaply made

Other thoughts:
These speakers work well for computers and mobile devices. I use mine to listen to music in the shower, or outside while the kids are playing. I think the sound is pretty good, but if you are looking for rock concert volume you need to look at a different price range. There are no bass or treble adjustments, but was aware of that prior to purchase. The subwoofer driver is exposed on the bottom and looks to be made out of cheap paper. Overall these are great speakers for listening to music at normal/mid level volume.

New Original Vizio XRV13D Qwerty keyboard internet TV remote for M3D650SV M3D550SL M3D470KD M3D550KD; E3D320VX E3D420VX E3D470VX TV---30 days Warranty!!
Offered by Promotion-Shopping store
Price: $12.52
8 used & new from $11.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with my Vizio tv, not with direct tv, August 15, 2013
I got this remote as a replacement for my vizio tv remote (XVT3D474SV) that has a slide out keyboard. The OE remote took a dump as many of them do due to a design flaw. I don't really have a need for the full keyboard. Anyway, this works out of the box on my Vizio TV and I can get it to work for my Sony DVD player. It does not work however with my direct tv box so kind of disappointed. The price is reasonable and it does work well with the smart tv functions. Only other thing I thought to comment on is it is not bluetooth.

I would recommend this to anyone who needs a vizio replacement TV remote, but does not need it as a universal remote.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2013 7:51 PM PDT

Oster Professional 10 Comb Set Specially Designed to Fit Oster Clippers.
Oster Professional 10 Comb Set Specially Designed to Fit Oster Clippers.
Offered by Day Dream
Price: $23.24
29 used & new from $18.99

3.0 out of 5 stars They work, not sure if they will last, August 15, 2013
Pros:
They Fit Snugly

Cons:
Hard to get on
I'm worried they my break my clippers

Other thoughts:
This comb set is nice and all but the spring loaded clips leave something to be desired. When I try to put them on they spring thingy kind of moves out of alignment and make it really difficult for the spring part to move. Maybe with a little more use they will be easier to put on/take off. If I had to do over I would not have made this purchase. I am using these on the oster fast feed clippers.

Tech Armor Apple iPhone 5/5c/5s Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protectors [3Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
3 used & new from $3.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Wife went 0-3, June 4, 2013
They give you 3 because these type of screen protectors because they are hard to install. My wife went 0-3 on these and then I went 0-2 on a different brand but same type. When you peel off the statically charged plastic everything in the air is attracted to the sticky side. After getting a second chance from the manufacturer that sold me the protectors for my phone I was able to get it on perfectly the first time. I recommend googling techniques to install prior to attempting any screen protector installation.

LUVVITT® CRISTAL Hard Shell Anti-Scratch Transparent Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV S IV (LIFETIME WARRANTY | Retail Packaging) - Crystal Clear
Offered by Luvvitt
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $8.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice slim hard case, June 3, 2013
Looked for a few days at cases before deciding on this one. You can barely tell its on except for the back seems to have a weird moisture look between the case and the phone. All accessories fit well (charger, headphones) and the camera openings are unobstructed. There is a little bit of a lip on both sides so you can place it face down. It also grips nicely for a hard case.

Overall its a great case for the price and quality of the product, would recommend to anyone looking for a slim clear hard case.

LUVVITT® HD Ultra-Clear Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV
LUVVITT® HD Ultra-Clear Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well after careful installation, June 3, 2013
Originally got a 2 pack and went 0-2 installing both. I had installed a Zagg protector on a different phone which is nothing like these harder types. I was pleasantly surprised when I was giving feedback that the seller emailed me on a Sunday after my review and offered to ship 2 more free of charge. They arrived today and after googling a couple techniques (install in a bathroom, after the shower has run for a few minutes and tape the edges on one side prior to peeling off the backing) I was able to install one successfully in about 5 minutes. only had one air bubble to work out and was most successful using my finger nail to get it out.

Now have a super clear protector against scratches. Its no where near as smooth as the natural glass, but would like to keep my S4 for many years so trying to keep it as new as possible.

Thanks,