Profile for webgrunt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 76

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

webgrunt RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Mountain Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee
The Mountain Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee
Price: $9.71 - $32.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning about shirt, November 30, 2010
I got this shirt as a wedding present and wore it constantly. Over time it started to get stiff, making it hard to move. I made some inquiries, and it turns out you have to remove shirts and wash them occasionally. Well, I just don't have time for that kind of foolishness, so no more shirts for me. For some reason, the store wouldn't let me return it.

Jack Link's Original Turkey Jerky, 3.65-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)
Jack Link's Original Turkey Jerky, 3.65-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Intense saltiness detracts from an otherwise excellent product, August 3, 2010
I have enjoyed salty foods all my life, and few things are too salty for me, but this jerky is one of those things.

On the other hand, the meat is flavorful and tender, the carb-to-protein ratio is excellent (two grams carbs per ten grams protein) and they're very low in fat (one-half gram fat per 28 gram serving.)

If only they made a version with only half as much salt, or they could probably even go down to a third as much, I would be buying this stuff all the time.

Coromega Omega-3 Supplement, Orange Flavor, Squeeze Packets, 90-Count Box
Coromega Omega-3 Supplement, Orange Flavor, Squeeze Packets, 90-Count Box
Offered by Zulera
Price: $20.50
14 used & new from $18.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Unpleasant taste, but a good source of omega-3 oils, July 8, 2010
When I eat a packet of this oil, the first taste that hits me is an unpleasant bitterness. Then a thick, overpoweringly artificial "orange" flavor. Then the sweetness comes on, but it too is overpowering--it does take away the bitterness but it's so strong it's unpleasant in its own way. The aftertaste is the artificial orange and a slight bitterness, but it disappears very quickly if you eat or drink anything (which can't be said of fish oil!)

I will still be buying this because I believe it's a quality form of omega-3 oils, but I could not call it delicious by any stretch.

Cons: Tastes bad: Too bitter, too sweet, heavy "artificial orange" taste

Pros: Quality blend of absorbable omega-3 oils, tastes less unpleasant than plain fish oil (with no "fishy" taste), convenient single-serving packets, and though the taste is unpleasant it is quickly and easily removed with food or water (unlike regular fish oil, which tends to linger.)

Wild Ride Beef Jerky Cowboy Strips
Wild Ride Beef Jerky Cowboy Strips
Price: $15.25 - $21.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost one-quarter of this jerky is sugar., May 26, 2010
It's great-tasting jerky, but if you're trying to avoid sweets, you might want to steer clear of this. A one-ounce serving has seven grams of sugar. Seven grams is almost a quarter of an ounce. So a quarter of this product's weight comes from sugar. Not exactly what you'd expect from a dried beef snack, but not much different from several other brands. In fact, most popular brands have 5 or more grams of sugar per ounce. If you don't mind the sugar, go for it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuous improvements have made this an excellent product, April 6, 2010
The first few of these I had tended to break within two to six months, but each one lasted a little longer as the company made continuous little improvements, reinforcing the areas most likely to break. The last one I got, I have been wearing it for over a year with no problems at all. I have a beard plus a receeding chin, so I have to wear this mask tight to ensure a good seal. I'm not gentle with the mask. I feel that the company has resolved the premature breakage issues and I can now recommend this mask.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars They really work, and fast!, March 16, 2010
I had not used a home tooth-whitening product before, because I was under the impression that the whitening effect was so minimal as to be barely noticeable, if at all. I ended up getting these on the recommendation of my dentist, and it turns out I was wrong--they bleach very effectively.

My teeth were pretty yellow (my canines especially, they resembled kernels of corn) and I noticed a striking difference within two days. I have now been using the strips for nine days, and my teeth are much whiter--almost as white as I want them to be. I expect I will get them to where I want them, because I'm less than half way through (I still have 12 days of bleaching to go.)

Pet Power Pill Grinder (Crusher) from VitaCarry
Pet Power Pill Grinder (Crusher) from VitaCarry
Offered by GroupMedShop
Price: $24.95
3 used & new from $23.95

1.0 out of 5 stars WORTHLESS, March 15, 2010
I bought the unit and insterted the three fresh AAA batteries it requires. I followed the directions and broke my pills in half before inserting them. The first pill ground OK thought it took about two minutes. The second one caused the unit to jam once, I turned it off and back on and it was able to finish grinding the second pill. I put in the third pill, and it jammed several times, finally it would no longer grind even after I turned the unit off and back on several times. I had to pick the unground chunks of pill out with a toothpick before it would start grinding again.

Bottom line, the unit is so underpowered as to be useless. I will be returning it.

Hand Held Pill Crusher
Hand Held Pill Crusher
Offered by Ocelco
Price: $26.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but leaves some chunks, February 25, 2010
I like the sturdy, thick metal construction of this unit, but it doesn't do a good job crushing pills in the sense of crushing them into a powder. It crushes them into chunks of varying sizes, from about the size of a lentil down to powder size, so you get a sort of mix of powder and small bits of gravel.

It's still much better than not crushing them at all, because of course the chunks are much smaller than the original tablet and therefore easier to swallow. If you're concerned about absorption, small chunks should dissolve much more rapidly than a whole pill.

On the plus side, it operates with great ease. I barely had to squeeze at all to crush my hard calcium tabs that have broken several plastic pill crushers or grinders (sometimes after one single use.) Also, the way it opens allows you to insert the largest of pills easily.

PROs:

++Very sturdy construction, should last a lifetime
++Very easy to use
++Crushes very quickly
++Easy to clean (You shouldn't need to clean it if you place the pill into one of the little baggies provided, but if you don't use the bags, it still cleans off with just a quick wipe.)
++Accommodates large pills
++Coated with what appears to be enamel so that the pill never touches metal, which is good because metal can react with and neutralize certain medications

CONs:

--Does not crush hard pills evenly, leaves chunks instead of an even powder

BOTTOM LINE: Highly recommended if you don't need your pills crushed into a fine, consistent powder.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2013 12:15 PM PDT

MiraLAX laxative powder, 17.9 Ounces, 30 doses
MiraLAX laxative powder, 17.9 Ounces, 30 doses
Offered by TALK LIQUIDATIONS
Price: $22.99
29 used & new from $19.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't put it in protein drinks, February 22, 2010
My doctor put me on iron supplements and they made me constipated, nothing worked until I tried this product, which provides complete relief from the side effects of the iron pills.

I like Miralax and agree with the other reviews except for one point--it will not dissolve well at all in protein drinks, and if you add Miralax to the water first, then the protein powder won't dissolve, it just sort of clumps up. As long as you mix the Miralax with drinks not containing protein, it works wonderfully.

Piers Anthony's Visual Guide to Xanth
Piers Anthony's Visual Guide to Xanth
by Piers Anthony
10 used & new from $26.50

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not a visual guide to Xanth, January 21, 2010
I rated this low because the title is misleading. This is an encyclopedia of Xanth, not a visual guide. It does give a lot of information on all things Xanth, but most of the items don't have drawings, the few drawings that are there are black and white pencil sketches, and they're often inaccurate--often don't match the descriptions in the books. This is by no means a "visual guide", but it does have a lot of information on Xanth and may be of interest to a devoted fan of the series or a collector.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2011 3:42 PM PDT