Profile for Christi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christi RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sword and Circle: Book Two (The Longsword Chronicles 2)
Sword and Circle: Book Two (The Longsword Chronicles 2)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Either these are getting better, or shorter, July 29, 2014
More excellent writing, dialog and character development in the Longsword Chronicles. I DEVOURED this one and was frankly surprised to hit the end. More please!

King of Ashes: Book One (The Longsword Chronicles 1)
King of Ashes: Book One (The Longsword Chronicles 1)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Seemed rote, but ROCKED!, July 27, 2014
At first the overly stilted language stifled the rest of the book. Couldn't care about the dialog, could see some plot points telegraphed a mile away; it was a bit of a slog. But then the story shifted, and it was no longer dull and boring, and things happened in the plot I didn't expect, and the dialog got just a bit more authentic, and now I'm rushing to buy and read the next one in the series. Well done!

Deadly Curiosities
Deadly Curiosities
Price: $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars O.M.G., July 13, 2014
I already loved Gail Z. Martin's work in the Necromancer series, but was a bit wary of a supernatural series set in modern times. I am no longer wary of ANYTHING she writes.

This is a top-notch set of characters and circumstances set in a town I adore and have visited many times, Charleston. How I wish I could visit the store and characters the next time we saunter down! I love how she manages the dialog between characters, spins out the mystery at a fast-but-not-ridiculous pace, and doesn't resort to the deus ex machina to pull her characters out of a jam.

Cannot WAIT for the next one!

Kaz Incorporated V3700 Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier
Kaz Incorporated V3700 Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier
Price: $39.86
34 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Got one for both kids and the grandfather, May 12, 2014
This thing is quiet, does NOT make a mess like so many of the ultrasonic humidifiers do, and works beautifully. We have one in each child's room, and when Dad had to go on oxygen (old age is not for wimps!) we got one for him too. They work great; no bumps, no quirks, no LEAKING. Don't try to bounce them, though.

Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Food Jar, Cranberry
Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Food Jar, Cranberry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for taking soup to work, May 12, 2014
On colder days, we make soup in the crock-pot and then take some to work for lunch. If it goes in piping hot at 4 a.m., it's still piping hot at noon. Very much so, as a matter of fact; we often have to let it sit out a while opened to cool! Never ever leaks unless it's pilot error (i.e., over-filling the container before putting the cap on). I don't use the spoon often, though; I have room to take my own. Cleans easily and the finish hasn't chipped or been scratched yet, and I am not known for being careful with my toys.

Tombstone
Tombstone
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The source of many a catch-phrase in our home, May 12, 2014
This review is from: Tombstone (Amazon Instant Video)
I could honestly watch this movie once a week and never ever get tired of it. Kurt Russell is AWESOME as Wyatt Earp but Val Kilmer stole the show as Doc Holliday. Can't wait until the kids are old enough to watch it with us (just 14 more years!).

Con-Tact Brand Self-Adhesive Chalkboard Liner, 18-Inch by 6-Feet
Con-Tact Brand Self-Adhesive Chalkboard Liner, 18-Inch by 6-Feet
Offered by Corydor
Price: $5.99
10 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Used this in the kids' playroom, May 12, 2014
We put this directly on the wall in the kids' playroom and added some chalk to the mess and THEY LOVE IT. It writes as well as a 'regular' chalkboard, has the same sound, and erases quite cleanly. We tested it on the paint and it comes off cleanly without ripping off paint along the way. We might get some more and put it on their doors so they can write notes to themselves ("don't forget to wear the Justice League shirt tomorrow") or us ("keep out! no grownups allowed!").

Contigo Autoseal Kids Trekker Cup, 14-Ounce, Citron/Cobalt, Set of 2
Contigo Autoseal Kids Trekker Cup, 14-Ounce, Citron/Cobalt, Set of 2
Offered by Firefly Buys
Price: $15.99
5 used & new from $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Few leaks but hard to clean, May 12, 2014
We've gone through quite a few of these as the kids have matured from sippy cups to open cups. They're fairly leak-free (not entirely; vigorous shaking will get you a bath), but they can be a pain to clean. We usually put them in the dishwasher, top-rack, with caps suspended on the top, and then set them out to dry. We discovered after a couple of months that they don't air-dry very well; they started to smell nasty and at that point no amount of bleach got the smell out. Our dishwasher is a Bosch (no heat drying cycle) so we've had to come up with some pain-in-the-hiney methods to dry them all the way through (think q-tips). It's definitely taken the bloom off the rose with these cups.

Still, they're fairly leak-proof, which is a plus, and easy for the kids to use (both started them around 2.5 or so and picked up the mechanism for operation quite easily). So we stick with them despite the drying issues.

Venus - Space Books for Kids. Early Reader Venus Facts, Pictures & Video Links. (Early Reader Space Books for Kids Book 3)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5-yr-old loved this book, May 12, 2014
She loves learning factoids about nature, and DEVOURED this book. And can still recite data from it months later. She still opens it up to read every now and again, proclaiming that "Venus is the coolest planet ever!"

Yesurprise Fashion Silicone Rubber Band Blue Binary DOT Unisex LED Wrist Watch Red
Offered by One2Free-ShopMALL
Price: $4.97
13 used & new from $4.03

1.0 out of 5 stars Well, if it WORKED it would be awesome, May 12, 2014
I went through three? four? a bunch of these watches, because I love the look. But they are SO shoddily made that I had to give it up as a bad joke on myself. Batteries are usually DOA, and when you try to replace them yourself, something will go haywire and a connection will be *just* off enough that it won't light up consistently. Or you take it to a watchmaker to have THEM replace them, and they have the same luck. For one watch the batteries were replaced successfully, but then the watch just chewed through them like a three-year-old with his first pack of gum. Sure, leaving all the options to SEE the values off will extend the battery life, but not by much. Certainly not by enough to bother with dealing with this again.

It's a beautiful design, but a horrible implementation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4