Profile for Stranula > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stranula RSS Feed

Progo Power Pack: (Two Li-ion Rechargeable Batteries and One Pocket Rapid Travel Charger With Car Adapter) for Sony NP-BG1, NP-FG1. Fits Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H3, DSC-H7, DSC-H9, DSC-H10, DSC-H20, DSC-H50, DSC-H55, DSC-H70, DSC-H90, DSC-HX5V, DSC-HX7V, DSC-HX9V, DSC-HX10V, DSC-HX20V, DSC-HX30V, DSC-N1, DSC-N2, DSC-T100, DSC-T20, DSC-W100, DSC-W120, DSC-W130, DSC-W150, DSC-W170, DSC-W200, DSC-W210, D
Offered by YoKool
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, May 25, 2012
After buying a Sony dsc-hx9v for a long trip I am taking, I wanted to make sure that I would never run out of battery. I looked at all of the knockoff options on Amazon, and found this to be one of the few with hx9v explicitly stated as supported and cheaper than the other option. Now that I have it, there are a few notes to make which were things I was not able to find information on before my purchase.

1. These ARE infolithium. They display both the battery level and estimated time left (estimation is based on battery level, shooting mode, screen brightness, etc)

2. These are made in China. I don't know where the cells are from, but they are made in China.

3. From all appearances, the batteries and charger seem to be of sound construction and don't feel flimsy and cheap.

I cannot yet comment on the life of the batteries. When I return from my trip I will update my review. I can say that when I opened the package and immediately put them into the camera, they both came up with 3 (of 4) bars and 122minutes in auto mode. When charged fully, they came up at 191minutes.

**UPDATE 8-11-12**
With my 2 month vacation completed, I feel I can comment on the battery life at this point. The Progo batteries and original Sony batteries each lasted around 300 pictures (with my settings) with GPS enabled always. I took approximately 8000 pictures and used each of the batteries the same number of times (2 Progo and 1 Sony), which means that each of the 3 batteries was charged and drained about 9 times. With that all of the batteries are performing as well as they did after the first charge (about 300 pictures). At this point, for me, even if the battery life starts to degrade, for the price paid, you simply cannot beat 18 full charge cycles. That being said, I still see no indication of changes in battery life, but I will be using it far less often from here on out.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2012 2:57 PM PDT