Profile for B. Kent > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Kent RSS Feed (Minnesota)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Star Print Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtain Set 63"L - Navy - KDC - BOC
Star Print Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtain Set 63"L - Navy - KDC - BOC
Price: $55.50
2 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great curtains. The quality is excellent and they do ..., August 1, 2014
These are great curtains. The quality is excellent and they do a fantastic job of blocking out the light in our nursery. Finally our daughter can get to sleep when it's light outside!

iPad mini case/iPad mini Retina/iPad mini 3 case,ESR Illustrators Series Folio Case Stand Case Smart Cover with [Cute Illustration][Aesthetic Print][Auto Wake Up/Sleep Function] for for iPad mini 3/2/1(Tycoon Giraffe)
Offered by ESR Case
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really great quality product for the price, August 1, 2014
This is a really great quality product for the price. Is seems well made and fits my Ipad like a glove. The magnet works well and keeps the cover closed when not in use. The auto sleep function works great too. I love the quirky Giraffe drawing on the cover too. I would definitely recommend this cover.

Mackie PROFX12 12-Channel Compact Effects Mixer with USB
Mackie PROFX12 12-Channel Compact Effects Mixer with USB
Price: $279.99
40 used & new from $239.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, April 14, 2014
This seemed like a really good mixer for the price, but I had a lot of noise on the USB output to the computer, this was even when I had all of the controls at zero. I even found that there was noise on the analog tape outputs. I am very disappointed and this mixer was returned straight away.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended - see update, September 24, 2013
I just received this, it seems good quality and is working fine. I do not notice any discernible difference between this one and the apple one I already own. If any issues arise, I will post again.

UPDATE:
Ok, a few weeks in, I started having sporadic problems, then when I went to pull the plug from my ipad, the plug casing separated from the connector, leaving the connector in the ipad. I no longer recommend this item.

EarlyBirdSavings Retro the Union Flag the Union Jack Hard Case Cover for Apple iPhone5 iPhone 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, funny smell, August 27, 2013
This seems to be a good quality, and it was good value. The only small complaint I have is that it has a very strong unpleasant chemical smell about it. I am hoping that this will fade with use.

Tech Armor Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012 1st generation) Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protectors [3-Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best screen protector I've tried, March 25, 2013
I have tried many screen protectors for different devices in the past, but have always been disappointed with the result. The end product is usually full of bubbles that are impossible to remove. I wasn't expecting too much from this protector either, but having read the good reviews, I thought I'd give it a try.

I was actually very impressed. Any bubbles which formed when applying were very easy to remove, the only trouble I had was with bits of lint, but since I live in a house with two cats, two dogs and a two year old, this is difficult to avoid. However, the instructions provided very good instructions on how to remove lint, so with a little patience I was able to get my protector near perfect.

Tech Armor support is pretty good too. Although I had no need to contact them, the video provided on their website provides good instructions on how to apply the protector.

I chose the anti-fingerprint / anti-glare version because I can't abide having fingerprints all over the screen. This version does degrade the resolution of the screen slightly, I didn't find that it affected my enjoyment of the device.

Fintie Slim Fit Leather Case Auto Sleep/Wake for Kindle Fire HD 7-Inch Tablet - 2012 Model - Black
Offered by Fintie
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, Great Value, March 25, 2013
I only paid just over $8 for this case, so I wasn't really expecting much. However, I have to say that it exceeded my expectations. Although the main headline for this case says it is Leather, it is in fact synthetic leather (although this is not surprising for the price), but it seems well made, and the device fits perfectly. There is easy access to all the ports and buttons, and it is possible to charge the device without removing it from the cover. The stand mechanism seems to work ok, although I can see that it could be a little easy to tip over. So far The auto sleep / wake function seems to work well too.

Maximize Battery Life
Maximize Battery Life

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying Ad Screen, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Maximize Battery Life (App)
I Understand the need for Ads in free apps, but this app displays a horrible Sammy ad screen every time it enable Wi-Fi. I might have paid for the full version, but will not now because of this.

Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 2nd)
23 used & new from $84.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly love it, but there's a few flaws, March 8, 2013
What I love:
The screen is fantastic, really nice HD display, very sharp, very good contrast. The e-reader text is very clear and easy to read, and I haven't noticed any additional eye-fatigue when compared to the e-ink kindles. The only complaint is that there is a lot of glare on the screen, so I will probably get an anti-glare screen protector.

The integration with Amazon's services is really good. Easy fast streaming of videos from their instant view selection (really nice if you have prime!).

The sound is the best I have heard from a tablet, and great volume too.

Flaws:
I don't like being locked to Amazon's app store, and would like to be able to access the Google Play store. This device should also come with the stock Google applications (Mail, Maps etc...). One nice thing about Amazon's app store is that you can store infrequently used apps in the cloud and just download them to use when you need them.

The built in Mail, Calendar and Contacts apps are really sub par. It was fiddly to actually get them to sync properly with my google account. If they could just provide the official Google applications, this would be seamless.

I'm not too keen on the launcher. The carousel looks nice, but it is not easily customizable. I don't like the kindle's non standard notification bar either, would prefer one like the standard Android bar.

I do find the tablet a little on the heavy side, it can be tiring to hold for long periods.

All in all, not a bad Tablet if you use Amazon's content a lot, in fact if you are a Prime member, it is the perfect tablet. However if you are really looking for an Android experience, you'd probably be better off with a Nexus 7.

Out Of Germany - Impressions Of Special Beauty
Out Of Germany - Impressions Of Special Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Some great photos, March 6, 2013
The book is a little short, but as Amazon was giving it away free, that wasn't a problem. It contains alone really atmospheric pictures. I would recommend it to anyone with a passion for photography.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4