Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for TPT > Reviews

Browse

TPT's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TPT "Terry" RSS Feed (Pacoima, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bones Bearings Reds Bearings Including Spacers & Washers
Bones Bearings Reds Bearings Including Spacers & Washers
Offered by Skateboards R Us
Price: $16.04
3 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bones make you REALLY feel on a roll, literally!, May 4, 2016
These are being used to upgrade the factory bearings from my Chicago roller skates (Model 405) and after a 45 minute exercise period, I was impressed and have become a fan of Bones Bearings, immediately. I cannot wait to try longer sessions. These were worth the try and price. Whether is you are roller skating (quads/inline) or skateboarding, you will NOT be disappointed.

The Girls of Petticoat Junction: Sixties Sound
The Girls of Petticoat Junction: Sixties Sound
Price: $11.99
53 used & new from $7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm So Glad That I Found This CD, January 7, 2014
For years on TV Land I have overlooked the sitcom Petticoat Junction until the launch of the great channel Me-TV, which featured ads featuring this groovy trio Linda Kaye Henning, Lori Sanders and the late Meredith McRae (whom I fell in love with thanks to her appearances on "Love, American Style") singing "I'm So Glad That You Found Me" (as in Me-TV), hence the headline of my review. I've only heard a few tracks so far but they sound as upbeat as expected and will encourage me to watch the show more often, especially when the girls sing. I was equally happy with the quick shipping by Amazon who had this CD delivered the day AFTER I ordered it. Kudos to Amazon and to this groovy CD!

Beautiful Planet - Germany & Austria - Blu-ray
Beautiful Planet - Germany & Austria - Blu-ray
DVD ~ Various
15 used & new from $1.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Great visuals but poor choice for music, April 20, 2013
Love the visuals of Germany and Austria but in the Germany section, visuals of a manor are set to a Latin musical piece. I almost started to bawl in laughter as it clashed to the beauty of the palaces. I expected music from Bach and other Baroque composers instead of contemporary music. I recommend if you watch this disc, provide your own soundtracks to really enjoy the visuals. Sure you won't hear the narration, but it's worth skipping the contemporary music in certain parts.

Walt Disney and the 1964 World's Fair
Walt Disney and the 1964 World's Fair
Price: $37.99
30 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Meet Me at the World's Fair with this gem!, December 18, 2009
What can I say about this? I am very impressed with it! It was great to hear the isolated scores to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and It's A Small World as well as their respective soundtracks. The two other soundtracks were excellent, too, considering I never at all got to see them as they were. The booklet had a lot of great information about the attractions and etc. This set is tops along with the 2005 box set, A MUSICAL HISTORY OF DISNEYLAND.

The Price is Right 2010 Edition - PC
The Price is Right 2010 Edition - PC
12 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Price and the Game is Right, December 18, 2009
The first PC game was fun but this one is a winner! I love the fact that you can play the pricing games without having to complete all of the challenges. Plus, 30 pricing games was worth the purchase so now I got to play the Clock Game, Lucky Seven, Grocery Game as well as Plinko, Three Strikes and the other games from the first version. The customizing of your avatar was fun, too.

And when playing the three strikes one player game, you don't lose easily as the first version where if you lost in Contestant's Row or Showcase Showdown, you get one strike. I, personally do not get the online player game, but hey, it's all fun anyways! I recommend this game to TPIR fans!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2011 4:14 PM PST

The Wiz
The Wiz
DVD ~ Diana Ross
Price: $5.00
51 used & new from $2.19

5.0 out of 5 stars THE WIZ Shines like the Emerald City, December 18, 2009
This review is from: The Wiz (DVD)
I have seen THE WIZ on various formats from VHS to the 1999 DVD release but this recent release is a treat for the eyes and ears, thanks to the restoration of the film and soundtrack. The picture looks great compared to the 1999 release, hands down and sounds fantastic with its 5.1 surround remix. Didn't care much for the CD as I have the soundtrack on vinyl and CD. Kudos for a remastered release.

Tom & Jerry: Chuck Jones Collection
Tom & Jerry: Chuck Jones Collection
DVD ~ Various
Offered by Solo Enterprises
Price: $12.49
33 used & new from $8.48

5.0 out of 5 stars More Cat and Mouse Chase Action, June 30, 2009
This collection of shorts by Chuck Jones is worthy of any DVD collection. Along with the classic Hanna Barbera shorts, I would watch these on local TV back in the 1980s and 90s. Stand-outs for this collection are: Jerry Go-Round, The Cat Above and The Mouse Below (which introduced me to Rossini's Barber of Seville), Snowbody Loves Me, Ah sweet Mouse-story of Life, Duel Personality, Matinee Mouse, Catty Cornered, O-Solar Meow, and Shuttered Bugged Cat.

The best part about these cartoons: they are UNCUT as I originally saw these edited on TV.

Goodbye Columbus
Goodbye Columbus
6 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Charles Fox's score shines, May 2, 2009
This review is from: Goodbye Columbus (Audio CD)
I haven't seen the film but being a fan of the work of Charles Fox (and The Association), I had to add this album to my collection. And while the Association's songs are good and they get top billing for the album, the real star of the soundtrack is the score by Charles Fox, which is outstanding. All of the tracks by Fox are a precursor to his Emmy-winning score for another Paramount project: a comedy anthology series for TV titled LOVE AMERICAN STYLE. I highly recommend this soundtrack to fans of the movie, The Association, and the work of Charles Fox.

Davey And Goliath: The Lost Episodes
Davey And Goliath: The Lost Episodes
DVD ~ Norma MacMillan
13 used & new from $4.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Lost Episodes Found At Last!, April 9, 2009
Originally, Starlight Home Entertainment (now defunct) planned to release this in 2007 but suffered setbacks with delays and delays until lo and behold, Celebrity Video Distribution, came to the rescue and picked up where Starlight left off. I, for one, thought this would NEVER see the light of day so all I can say is, IT'S ABOUT TIME!

These lost episodes were pulled from the airwaves and never aired again due to what they considered was politically incorrect. However, in this age of reality shows, I really don't see what the problem is with these episodes. My favorites in the set are The Gang (now known as The Jickets), Polka Dot Tie, Whatshisname, Help!, The Watchdogs and Louder Please.

While I did enjoy watching these rarities, I did have some issues with edits in episodes like Cousin Barney, Ten Pin Alley (if there were any since I have never seen this one), Down on the Farm (Davey's skinny dipping dive) and What's His Name (tar and feather dream sequence).

Overall, I enjoyed the DVD after such a LONG wait. But seriously, why give us episodes that are cut?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2009 9:17 AM PDT

Ion TTUSB Turntable with USB Record (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Ion TTUSB Turntable with USB Record (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
22 used & new from $33.33

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got my "ION" Vinyl Records, October 10, 2008
This unit was just perfect for converting LPs to mp3 files and CDs. I will admit that it was a tiny challenge setting the tone arm adjustments just right. Also, I was concerned over the fact that there is no cue function to carefully place your tone arm on a record without scratching it. Overall, it is great, especially to convert old 78 rpm records (with Audacity, of course). And of course to just sit and play your records with ease.

Now..the USB situation is fine but I choose to stick with the traditional RCA plugs to use the sound card to provide full sound. The other software was fine for the USB thing. I basically use the Analog Recorder from the Microsoft Plus software package and Audacity (when needed).

It's well worth the price and the adventure to set it up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3