Profile for suburbanfashionista > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 64

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

suburbanfashionista RSS Feed (Washington, DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Ocean City Cover-up: A Jamie August Novel
Ocean City Cover-up: A Jamie August Novel
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun summer beach read!, July 11, 2015
I think this was even better than the first Jamie August novel! It was a fun read, perfect for a weekend at the beach or lake, plenty of humor, intrigue, mystery and sexy fun!

Corduroy Bear 13" Soft Toy
Corduroy Bear 13" Soft Toy
Offered by PRIMETIME DEALS
Price: $21.13
28 used & new from $20.71

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly annoying and frustrating especially since it is to be a ..., July 6, 2015
This review is from: Corduroy Bear 13" Soft Toy (Toy)
I ordered Corduroy and received the dog from Curious George. Incredibly annoying and frustrating especially since it is to be a gift for a new baby and it will now be delayed.

City Threads Big Girls' Leggings Solid, Elf, 7
City Threads Big Girls' Leggings Solid, Elf, 7
Offered by Jolity

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 18, 2015
Not thick knit, but has kept its shape through many wears, washes, and dries in the machine.

City Threads Big Girls' Cotton Long Sleeve Dress, Striped Elf, 7
City Threads Big Girls' Cotton Long Sleeve Dress, Striped Elf, 7
Offered by Jolity

4.0 out of 5 stars but I prefer that to dresses that are more like tunics. Looks just like the picture, May 18, 2015
It runs a bit long, but I prefer that to dresses that are more like tunics. Looks just like the picture, not the heaviest weight of knit, but it's soft, comfortable, and did not shrink with washing and drying. My daughter's school color is green and it's hard to find cute green clothes for her to wear for spirit days. This does the trick!

GE Lighting 16069 200-Watt 3780-Lumen A21 Bright Reader Light Bulb, Crystal Clear
Offered by Light Bulbs International
Price: $5.50
23 used & new from $2.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright... but hot!, May 18, 2015
I worked in a cave of an office - no windows, dark mud brown/taupe walls with rust colored doors and fluorescent lights that cause headaches within five seconds. I had two lamps and under-cabinet lighting but it was still gloomy. After reading reviews, I got this bulb to put in a torchiere-style lamp that shines right up to the ceiling. It is PERFECT. It gives a clear cool light that fills half the office, enough to keep the room out of the shadows. The bulb arrived in great condition, no issues with the packaging or shipping. However know this is a HOT bulb. The lamp I have it in is a cheap metal lamp with a white plastic shade, and after two days of use there was a scorch mark on the shade and the smell of burning dust, even if the lamp is cleaned, is strong the first hour of use, especially after a weekend away. After two weeks the shade has warped a bit and has become a bit pliable. Also if you're within a foot of the bulb you can feel the heat coming off it. I plan to replace the lamp before replacing the bulb because it truly has made such a positive difference in my workspace!

Accent Metal Shade Floor Lamp - Coaster 901199
Accent Metal Shade Floor Lamp - Coaster 901199
Offered by Monoka_Racing
Price: $105.02
10 used & new from $84.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too Bad for the Nice Price, March 26, 2015
I've liked the look of this type of floor lamp for a while, but they have been out of my budget. I decided to give this one a chance. The shipping was quick - less than a week. The box was in decent shape; don't throw it away immediately as the instructions on how to put together the lamp are on the box itself. Before trying to put this lamp together, grab yourself a Phillips screwdriver and a wrench. You will use the wrench to remove the bolt and washers from the pole, then you will use your hand to unscrew the screw base they were on to elongate it. This was the most confusing part of the installation, I realized I could elongate the screw portion just by chance. You will need to remove a tiny screw from the metal pole to insert the arched part, then put the screw back in to secure it together. The lamp is heavy, good quality materials, but the shade is a bit wonky (two pieces that don't lay very well together but lucky near impossible to see once the lamp is together and upright) and the arch is not nearly as dramatic as pictured or expected. I bought a 100watt chrome-bottom bulb and it provides comfortable light for my windowless office. I was able to put the entire lamp together in about 10 minutes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lubricant - Personal Water Based Lube for Men, Women - Nooky Lubes 32ozTM natural liquid silk lubricants Made in USA - 100% Unconditional Money Back, No Risk Guarantee
Offered by Mano and Mano
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the formula - similar to Liquid Silk in consistency ..., January 13, 2015
Previously a Liquid Silk user, but found it a bit sticky. We wanted a pump, and this was cheaper than Liquid Silk so we decided to give it a try. I like the formula - similar to Liquid Silk in consistency but it lubricates longer and when it fades it doesn't feel as sticky or gummy. The bottle is awesome, the pump works great, the size is amazing for the price. I am a convert!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2015 2:45 PM PST

Lemix (LPE6) Travel Charger for specific CANON EOS models with car adapter, US and European plugs

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, January 17, 2014
My battery grip needs two batteries, so it's nice to have a charger accommodate two at the same time. I've been using this regularly for a couple months and have no complaints. It works as quickly and reliably as my Canon charger.

7" .TAB Nero x2 Dual Core Android 4.1 Multi-Touch Tablet PC (Blue)
7" .TAB Nero x2 Dual Core Android 4.1 Multi-Touch Tablet PC (Blue)

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, Total Crap, September 16, 2013
I won a smartphone in a contest and let my daughter use it to play games and apps. Sadly it broke after almost a year. I thought a tablet would be easier for her to use, and since it would only be for simple kid apps, this seemed to be a smart choice.

As soon as I charged and started the app, there were two lines on the screen, some kind of defect. Within a week, the power button got stuck and there were two more lines on the screen. I had used the tablet three times to install apps, my daughter used it once for about an hour, my watching and seeing that she didn't drop it, manhandle it, or have dirty hands.

I am not terribly knowledgeable with Google Play, but her old phone also was a Droid and used Google Play. I couldn't download a bunch of apps from Google Play, it would start and then have some sort of error. It was weird because they were apps that had been used before on other devices in our home, on different Play accounts. So it's not the app, seems to be the tablet. Also apps that never had issues with crashing on her phone crash after just a minute on this tablet.

And it's so slow, freezes easily, has trouble connecting to our wireless internet though every other device in our home (even those that belong to friends) don't have the issue. And within a week, the tablet was completely not usable. Such a waste of money.

USA Gear FlexARMOR X Tablet Cover Carrying Case with Touch Capacitive Screen Protector and Adjustable Shoulder Strap for Matricom .TAB Nero x2 7" Android Tablet PC Includes Bonus Cleaning Brush and Cloth
Offered by Beach Audio
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Kids!, September 5, 2013
My almost-five year old is quite skilled with a tablet, but sometimes she has grubby fingers... or slippery ones. This case takes care of both, with a plastic screen to protect from dirt, and a padded back for protection from low falls. The strap is also great, you can adjust it so it can be worn over the shoulder, or strapped to the back of a car seat to become a TV monitor for kids riding in back. Do know the plastic screen protector is thicker than many screen covers so it's not as easy for little fingers to swipe and open apps, but it's worth it for the protection of the tablet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7