Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS
Profile for suburbanfashionista > Reviews

Browse

suburbanfashioni...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 83

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

suburbanfashionista RSS Feed (Washington, DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Bogs Men's Rancher Waterproof Insulated Work Boot, Black,Black,14 M
Bogs Men's Rancher Waterproof Insulated Work Boot, Black,Black,14 M
Price: $124.00
14 used & new from $103.69

4.0 out of 5 stars I find the boots quite comfortable. I've worn them in swampy and mucky conditions, January 26, 2016
Wear a 14, these fit true to size and width. These boots are heavy, heavier than my old Bogs but that is to be expected as these are insulated and my old pair was not. Once used to the weight, I find the boots quite comfortable. I've worn them in swampy and mucky conditions, in blizzards and my feet stay warm and dry with a pair of wool socks and I feel secure on slippery and uneven ground. They're easy to get on and off and there's plenty of room for thick pants or layers.

Blizzard Bay Men's Beaver Time Ugly Christmas Sweater, Red/Brown/White, XX-Large
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 26, 2016
My husband loves beavers and there's a lodge of beavers in our lake. I bought this as a gag gift for him but was surprised by the quality and style. The beaver is textured with a furry finish, the sweater is tightly woven. It has been in the washer and dryer many times now and it still looks great and didn't shrink. Not itchy, my husband loves it. Can't believe a gag gift became a holiday wardrobe favorite!

High Style 100% Lambswool Women Solid Oversized Large Scarf Shawl (S0915477,16-3823,VioletTulip)
Offered by HighStyle
Price: $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Quality for an Incredible Price, January 26, 2016
Highly impressed with this shawl! It's super thick, very soft, and the color is true (I got Violet Tulip). I'm petite but plus sized and there's plenty of fabric to wrap around my throat as a big scarf, wear as a shawl, or even use as a blanket on a flight. The quality for this price is insane; this would be a fantastic gift and a must-have for anyone who travels a lot.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ultra Bright LED Lantern - Camping Lantern - for Hiking, Emergencies, Hurricanes, Outages, Storms, Camping - Multi Purpose - Black - Divine LEDs
Offered by Divine LEDs
Price: $45.55

5.0 out of 5 stars This lantern is AWESOME!, January 26, 2016
It's really small (about the size or smaller than a can of stewed tomatoes) but gives off a ton of bright clear white light. It's easy to open, it stays open, easy to close, and is lightweight. The two metal handles are great; we attach a carabiner to them and then can hang from a hook, a tent loop, most anything. I love how easy it is to use, makes it great when there's a power failure, you can open it in the dark.

Hue Women's Ponte Shaper Legging, Black, X-Large
Hue Women's Ponte Shaper Legging, Black, X-Large
Price: $24.49

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect!, December 23, 2015
I'm 5'3, a size 14 with a belly, round rear, thick thighs, and very wide calves. Leggings are not made for my body. So many sag in the bum, are too tight in the legs, are too thin on the rear especially when you bend over, or roll under my tummy. Not these. While they're called ponte, they are thinner than the ponte you find for dresses and pants. However they're far thicker than most legging have a tight weave that does not get sheer when stretched, and holds its shape all day. I chose an XL and while they're super comfortable, I think an L would have been better for tummy shaping. The waistband goes up high on me like mom jeans, but I like that because they don't give me a muffin top and don't roll down. I find the calves super comfortable, and they do gather at my ankles because I am petite, but not so much that they affect sliding under boots or inside booties. They wash great, hold up great, and are by far the best leggings I have ever owned!

Update: Now that I have worn and washed more times I truly wish I stuck with a L and didn't size up. The leggings have stayed the same size on the legs but the rear/waist seems to have grown with wears and they now slide down. I took a star off for this because they are impossible for me to wear except when bumming around the house when I can hitch up my pants each time I get up from my seat or walk a bit. However, they have stayed rich black, no pilling, still thick and look new. I think if I went with a L I would have been happy since they would have stretched out to a comfortable but better fit.

Women's Mid Long Style Roll Up Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirt C056 Red Black US Size 3XL (Lable Size 6XL)
Offered by Nature.Z
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised!, December 23, 2015
The sizing for these shirts is INSANE. I am a busty size 14, 5'3" and bought as 6XL and it's perfection. It buttons comfortably over my chest, and is long enough (just covers the bum) to wear with leggings. I don't use the tabs for cinching up the sleeves and sides, am thinking I may remove them. This shirt does have a feminine fit, it flares out a bit at the bottom because it nips in at the waist but not in a tight way, just a more figure flattering way. The flannel is thick and soft, the sleeves are slim but not too tight for me to comfortably roll up three times. This isn't $50 shirt quality, but the quality far exceeds the pricepoint. A great shirt for casual wear. Pleasantly surprised, and totally comfortable recommending to others.

Mehron StarBlend Face Paint - Green G (2 oz)
Mehron StarBlend Face Paint - Green G (2 oz)
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $9.50
16 used & new from $9.32

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff ROCKS!, December 23, 2015
I bought this in green to make my 6 year old look like the Wicked Witch of the West. We used the makeup twice on her and once on me and I can't recommend it enough. While this is a powder compact, it works best wet. After three applications, I learned the best thing to do is buy a cheap kitchen sponge, keep it damp, rinse it often, and apply this wet. When wet, you can layer and get a more opaque finish. It really stays in place; we used it on hands and wrists, face, and I made my whole neck, collarbone, and one shoulder green and it stayed even with hugging, eating candy, and my daughter running around and rubbing her face and doing as kids do. All this, and it washed off super easy and didn't irritate either of our eyes! This picture is from the first time we used it; the second time we better mastered an even application. And we didn't even make a dent in the compact, there's plenty to use for future events!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch of The West Costume, Small One Color
Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch of The West Costume, Small One Color
Offered by Yagoozon
Price: $15.22
16 used & new from $12.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Fit, December 23, 2015
I always make my daughter's Halloween costumes but this year I was short on time. She is into The Wizard of Oz and wanted to be the Wicked Witch of the West, so I ordered this costume. Color me impressed! The costume is extremely well made, easy to get on and off, a nice stretchy fabric. The collar stayed up, the green color is perfect. We bought some reflective stickers and made a pattern on the hem, cape, and the V at the waist as well as the hat so she could be seen in the dark. This costume made me not feel bad about buying Halloween costumes and I would order from this brand again in a heartbeat.

Culver 11-Ounce Hampton Ceramic Mug, White, Set of 4
Culver 11-Ounce Hampton Ceramic Mug, White, Set of 4
Price: $22.89
9 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 23, 2015
These are perfect if you want to decorate your own coffee mugs. I used a variety of paint pens (found Sharpie brand oil-based to be the best), wiped the mugs down with rubbing alcohol before starting, and used rubbing alcohol to fix any mistakes. Put the mugs in a cold oven, set it for 350 degrees, left them in there for an hour, turned off the oven and left the mugs in there to cool off. The next day they got a second treatment because my husband preheated the oven for dinner at 350 not realizing the mugs were still in there, so they got another 15 minutes and then cooled on the counter. They have been through the dishwasher multiple times and still look great. As for these mugs, they are a standard size, were shipped carefully, each one in perfect condition upon arrival.

Skechers Kids Swift Kicks Running Shoe, Charchaol/Neon Pink,13 M US Little Kid
Skechers Kids Swift Kicks Running Shoe, Charchaol/Neon Pink,13 M US Little Kid
Price: $43.00
5 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, December 23, 2015
My daughter has to wear sneakers to school. She wanted "cool" sneakers, but isn't able to tie shoes by herself, and her school doesn't allow shoes with lights and other fancy features. These are sparkly without being too out there, are easy for a 6 year old to get on and off by herself, have good support and she says they are the most comfortable sneakers she has ever worn. Not only that, I got the Cool Mom award for giving her such "awesome" sneakers!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9