Profile for suburbanfashionista > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 57

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

suburbanfashionista RSS Feed (Washington, DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Lemix (LPE6) Travel Charger for specific CANON EOS models with car adapter, US and European plugs

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, January 17, 2014
My battery grip needs two batteries, so it's nice to have a charger accommodate two at the same time. I've been using this regularly for a couple months and have no complaints. It works as quickly and reliably as my Canon charger.

7" .TAB Nero x2 Dual Core Android 4.1 Multi-Touch Tablet PC (Blue)
7" .TAB Nero x2 Dual Core Android 4.1 Multi-Touch Tablet PC (Blue)

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, Total Crap, September 16, 2013
I won a smartphone in a contest and let my daughter use it to play games and apps. Sadly it broke after almost a year. I thought a tablet would be easier for her to use, and since it would only be for simple kid apps, this seemed to be a smart choice.

As soon as I charged and started the app, there were two lines on the screen, some kind of defect. Within a week, the power button got stuck and there were two more lines on the screen. I had used the tablet three times to install apps, my daughter used it once for about an hour, my watching and seeing that she didn't drop it, manhandle it, or have dirty hands.

I am not terribly knowledgeable with Google Play, but her old phone also was a Droid and used Google Play. I couldn't download a bunch of apps from Google Play, it would start and then have some sort of error. It was weird because they were apps that had been used before on other devices in our home, on different Play accounts. So it's not the app, seems to be the tablet. Also apps that never had issues with crashing on her phone crash after just a minute on this tablet.

And it's so slow, freezes easily, has trouble connecting to our wireless internet though every other device in our home (even those that belong to friends) don't have the issue. And within a week, the tablet was completely not usable. Such a waste of money.

USA Gear FlexARMOR X Tablet Cover Carrying Case with Touch Capacitive Screen Protector and Adjustable Shoulder Strap for Matricom .TAB Nero x2 7" Android Tablet PC Includes Bonus Cleaning Brush and Cloth
Offered by Beach Audio
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Kids!, September 5, 2013
My almost-five year old is quite skilled with a tablet, but sometimes she has grubby fingers... or slippery ones. This case takes care of both, with a plastic screen to protect from dirt, and a padded back for protection from low falls. The strap is also great, you can adjust it so it can be worn over the shoulder, or strapped to the back of a car seat to become a TV monitor for kids riding in back. Do know the plastic screen protector is thicker than many screen covers so it's not as easy for little fingers to swipe and open apps, but it's worth it for the protection of the tablet.

Hanna Kay Premium 100% Waterproof Mattress Protector ,Hypoallergenic - 10 Year Warranty Queens Size
Offered by Perella's
Price: $69.95
5 used & new from $24.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, September 4, 2013
I bought one of these when we bought a new mattress and liked it, so when our daughter moved to a "big girl bed" we got one for her as well. It doesn't make a crinkly sound, it's soft, and it really works. I also like that it's not thick, so it doesn't add heat or bulk to the bed and you can still feel any pillowtop. The price here is far cheaper than at the mattress store. The elastic makes it secure even on pillowtop mattresses. Our original mattress protector lasted four years until it was put in a too-full dryer on high heat and melted. But during those four years it always looked great and saved our bed from many spills. I recommend to dry this on low heat and in a large dryer or in the dryer by itself or with just a few items so it doesn't get too hot.

STK's Canon BP-511 Battery - TWO PACK 2200 mAh BP-511A BP511 BP511A Lithium Ion Battery Pack for Canon EOS 5D, 50D, 40D, 20D, 30D, 10D, Digital Rebel, 1D, D60, 300D, D30, Kiss, Powershot G5, Pro 1, G2, G3, G6, G1, Pro90 is, Optura 20, Xi, 10, PI, 200MC, 100MC
Offered by SterlingTEK
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as Good, December 3, 2012
Our batteries for our cameras were getting old and not holding charge. We bought these on a whim, figured they couldn't be worse than the old ones we had and continue to be amazed by them. They hold a charge, stay strong for hours, work great. No different from Canon batteries, fit great, work well. No complaints!

Fancy Nancy: Our Thanksgiving Banquet
Fancy Nancy: Our Thanksgiving Banquet
by Jane O'Connor
Price: $4.99
129 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Fancy Nancy!, December 3, 2012
I know the description mentions stickers but I missed it and it made for a very pleasant surprise! My daughter LOVES Fancy Nancy and is almost four and is finally understanding holidays. I felt this would be a perfect Thanksgiving present. The story is as great as other Fancy Nancy books - a great choice if you have a child who thinks she's too mature for the kids table and has to deal with "babies" at a holiday meal. I like that Nancy is real - she makes mistakes, she wears crazy mismatched clothes, her parents act like real parents and yet the pictures are pretty for my daughter, the character is appealing to her, and a lesson can be learned with each story.

My Night with George Clooney
My Night with George Clooney
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fun read!, December 3, 2012
This is a short story and a quick read - I started it on my morning train ride to work and finished it by time I got home that evening. That being said, it's a fun read and a story that stuck with me. The protagonist and her best friend take a trip to the Jersey shore and what seemed to be a low-key evening ended up being much much more. I hope there's a sequel, I'd love to see what came of her one night with George!

Little Adventures 11172 Red Winter Beauty Princess Costume (Ages 3-5) + Hair Bow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, cute dress!, October 22, 2012
I wanted to find a "princess dress" for my daughter that could be thrown in the washing machine and wasn't specific to a brand/Disney movie. Harder than you would think! I liked that this was red and not pink, and the machine washable aspect sold me (what fools make spot-clean costumes for toddlers???). The dress arrived quickly and we couldn't be more pleased.

My daughter will be 4 in January and is tall for her age, average weight. She wears a 4T in pants and the skirt of the dress skims the ground when she is in sneakers, boots, shoes with a thicker sole or slight heel. The sleeves and body are loose enough that she can wear it over another shirt. The fabric is the cheapy velvet you can find in stores, but it catches the shine, and the white trim is durable. The gold ruffle at the neck is a pretty addition. The bow that came with our dress was white and quickly was lost somewhere in the house, but the dress is a big hit with our princess fanatic. It has a nice full skirt without all the petticoats on other dresses, it's comfortable, easy to get on and off, and survived the washing machine looking exactly as purchased. As someone who has purchased commercial licensed-princess costumes that have been torn to shreds, fall apart with wear and look terrible after only a month of wear, this dress is a breath of fresh air.

Ladybug Girl Dresses Up!
Ladybug Girl Dresses Up!
by Jacky Davis
Edition: Board book
Price: $4.06
222 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as deep as the other Ladybug Girls, but that can be a good thing, August 29, 2012
This is a cardboard book, and with most cardboard book, there are fewer words and more simplistic of writing on each page. This may be a disappointment to those who love the Ladybug Girl series, but my 3.5 year old daughter and I like it for that reason. While we read the longer paper books at bed or naptime together, this is a book that my daughter can "read" on her own. She carries it in the car, memorizes what my husband and I read, and thereby learns how to read a few of the words. I see it as a supplement to the other Ladybug Girls books - it's a topic and character my daughter adores and I feel good sharing with her, but it's in a sturdier and more simplistic format so she can learn how to read on her own.

Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer
Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer
Price: $9.99
29 used & new from $4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Bought a Second One for a Gift!, August 29, 2012
I read the mixed reviews but decided to try out the Misto. I honestly don't know why there are mixed reviews - I have had my Misto for almost a year, it's used almost daily and totally rocks. Always works, never clogs, nice even mist, and an elegant exterior that looks nice if left on the counter. In fact, I like it so much I keep telling friends about it and just bought one for a relative as a gift.

I have also used it with oils other than olive and it still works great. I can't honestly think of any way to improve upon this product, it does just what it claims to do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6