Profile for suburbanfashionista > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

suburbanfashionista RSS Feed (Washington, DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Accent Metal Shade Floor Lamp - Coaster 901199
Accent Metal Shade Floor Lamp - Coaster 901199
Offered by Furniture Creations
Price: $128.87
9 used & new from $128.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too Bad for the Nice Price, March 26, 2015
I've liked the look of this type of floor lamp for a while, but they have been out of my budget. I decided to give this one a chance. The shipping was quick - less than a week. The box was in decent shape; don't throw it away immediately as the instructions on how to put together the lamp are on the box itself. Before trying to put this lamp together, grab yourself a Phillips screwdriver and a wrench. You will use the wrench to remove the bolt and washers from the pole, then you will use your hand to unscrew the screw base they were on to elongate it. This was the most confusing part of the installation, I realized I could elongate the screw portion just by chance. You will need to remove a tiny screw from the metal pole to insert the arched part, then put the screw back in to secure it together. The lamp is heavy, good quality materials, but the shade is a bit wonky (two pieces that don't lay very well together but lucky near impossible to see once the lamp is together and upright) and the arch is not nearly as dramatic as pictured or expected. I bought a 100watt chrome-bottom bulb and it provides comfortable light for my windowless office. I was able to put the entire lamp together in about 10 minutes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lubricant - Personal Water Based Lube for Men, Women - Nooky Lubes 32ozTM natural liquid silk lubricants Made in USA - 100% Unconditional Money Back, No Risk Guarantee
Offered by Mano and Mano
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the formula - similar to Liquid Silk in consistency ..., January 13, 2015
Previously a Liquid Silk user, but found it a bit sticky. We wanted a pump, and this was cheaper than Liquid Silk so we decided to give it a try. I like the formula - similar to Liquid Silk in consistency but it lubricates longer and when it fades it doesn't feel as sticky or gummy. The bottle is awesome, the pump works great, the size is amazing for the price. I am a convert!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2015 2:45 PM PST

Lemix (LPE6) Travel Charger for specific CANON EOS models with car adapter, US and European plugs

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, January 17, 2014
My battery grip needs two batteries, so it's nice to have a charger accommodate two at the same time. I've been using this regularly for a couple months and have no complaints. It works as quickly and reliably as my Canon charger.

7" .TAB Nero x2 Dual Core Android 4.1 Multi-Touch Tablet PC (Blue)
7" .TAB Nero x2 Dual Core Android 4.1 Multi-Touch Tablet PC (Blue)

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, Total Crap, September 16, 2013
I won a smartphone in a contest and let my daughter use it to play games and apps. Sadly it broke after almost a year. I thought a tablet would be easier for her to use, and since it would only be for simple kid apps, this seemed to be a smart choice.

As soon as I charged and started the app, there were two lines on the screen, some kind of defect. Within a week, the power button got stuck and there were two more lines on the screen. I had used the tablet three times to install apps, my daughter used it once for about an hour, my watching and seeing that she didn't drop it, manhandle it, or have dirty hands.

I am not terribly knowledgeable with Google Play, but her old phone also was a Droid and used Google Play. I couldn't download a bunch of apps from Google Play, it would start and then have some sort of error. It was weird because they were apps that had been used before on other devices in our home, on different Play accounts. So it's not the app, seems to be the tablet. Also apps that never had issues with crashing on her phone crash after just a minute on this tablet.

And it's so slow, freezes easily, has trouble connecting to our wireless internet though every other device in our home (even those that belong to friends) don't have the issue. And within a week, the tablet was completely not usable. Such a waste of money.

USA Gear FlexARMOR X Tablet Cover Carrying Case with Touch Capacitive Screen Protector and Adjustable Shoulder Strap for Matricom .TAB Nero x2 7" Android Tablet PC Includes Bonus Cleaning Brush and Cloth
Offered by Beach Audio
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Kids!, September 5, 2013
My almost-five year old is quite skilled with a tablet, but sometimes she has grubby fingers... or slippery ones. This case takes care of both, with a plastic screen to protect from dirt, and a padded back for protection from low falls. The strap is also great, you can adjust it so it can be worn over the shoulder, or strapped to the back of a car seat to become a TV monitor for kids riding in back. Do know the plastic screen protector is thicker than many screen covers so it's not as easy for little fingers to swipe and open apps, but it's worth it for the protection of the tablet.

Hanna Kay Premium 100% Waterproof Mattress Protector ,Hypoallergenic - 10 Year Warranty Queens Size
Offered by Perella's
Price: $69.95
2 used & new from $25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, September 4, 2013
I bought one of these when we bought a new mattress and liked it, so when our daughter moved to a "big girl bed" we got one for her as well. It doesn't make a crinkly sound, it's soft, and it really works. I also like that it's not thick, so it doesn't add heat or bulk to the bed and you can still feel any pillowtop. The price here is far cheaper than at the mattress store. The elastic makes it secure even on pillowtop mattresses. Our original mattress protector lasted four years until it was put in a too-full dryer on high heat and melted. But during those four years it always looked great and saved our bed from many spills. I recommend to dry this on low heat and in a large dryer or in the dryer by itself or with just a few items so it doesn't get too hot.

STK's Canon BP-511 Battery - TWO PACK 2200 mAh BP-511A BP511 BP511A Lithium Ion Battery Pack for Canon EOS 5D, 50D, 40D, 20D, 30D, 10D, Digital Rebel, 1D, D60, 300D, D30, Kiss, Powershot G5, Pro 1, G2, G3, G6, G1, Pro90 is, Optura 20, Xi, 10, PI, 200MC, 100MC
Offered by SterlingTEK
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $13.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as Good, December 3, 2012
Our batteries for our cameras were getting old and not holding charge. We bought these on a whim, figured they couldn't be worse than the old ones we had and continue to be amazed by them. They hold a charge, stay strong for hours, work great. No different from Canon batteries, fit great, work well. No complaints!

Fancy Nancy: Our Thanksgiving Banquet
Fancy Nancy: Our Thanksgiving Banquet
by Jane O'Connor
Price: $4.99
133 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Fancy Nancy!, December 3, 2012
I know the description mentions stickers but I missed it and it made for a very pleasant surprise! My daughter LOVES Fancy Nancy and is almost four and is finally understanding holidays. I felt this would be a perfect Thanksgiving present. The story is as great as other Fancy Nancy books - a great choice if you have a child who thinks she's too mature for the kids table and has to deal with "babies" at a holiday meal. I like that Nancy is real - she makes mistakes, she wears crazy mismatched clothes, her parents act like real parents and yet the pictures are pretty for my daughter, the character is appealing to her, and a lesson can be learned with each story.

My Night with George Clooney
My Night with George Clooney
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fun read!, December 3, 2012
This is a short story and a quick read - I started it on my morning train ride to work and finished it by time I got home that evening. That being said, it's a fun read and a story that stuck with me. The protagonist and her best friend take a trip to the Jersey shore and what seemed to be a low-key evening ended up being much much more. I hope there's a sequel, I'd love to see what came of her one night with George!

Little Adventures 11172 Red Winter Beauty Princess Costume (Ages 3-5) + Hair Bow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, cute dress!, October 22, 2012
I wanted to find a "princess dress" for my daughter that could be thrown in the washing machine and wasn't specific to a brand/Disney movie. Harder than you would think! I liked that this was red and not pink, and the machine washable aspect sold me (what fools make spot-clean costumes for toddlers???). The dress arrived quickly and we couldn't be more pleased.

My daughter will be 4 in January and is tall for her age, average weight. She wears a 4T in pants and the skirt of the dress skims the ground when she is in sneakers, boots, shoes with a thicker sole or slight heel. The sleeves and body are loose enough that she can wear it over another shirt. The fabric is the cheapy velvet you can find in stores, but it catches the shine, and the white trim is durable. The gold ruffle at the neck is a pretty addition. The bow that came with our dress was white and quickly was lost somewhere in the house, but the dress is a big hit with our princess fanatic. It has a nice full skirt without all the petticoats on other dresses, it's comfortable, easy to get on and off, and survived the washing machine looking exactly as purchased. As someone who has purchased commercial licensed-princess costumes that have been torn to shreds, fall apart with wear and look terrible after only a month of wear, this dress is a breath of fresh air.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6