Profile for C.P. in VA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C.P. in VA RSS Feed

Fringe: The Complete Fifth Season [HD]
Fringe: The Complete Fifth Season [HD]
DVD
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait., January 31, 2014
I had set my DVR to capture the final season of Fringe so that I could watch it all in one go. However, so many of the episodes were time shifted due to football, that I ended up with a mishmash of the season. I saw the Fringe Fifth Season available on Amazon instant video and patiently waited for it to be moved to the "free with Prime" category. It was well worth the wait. Was the ending perfect? No. I think that is one of the beautiful things about a series that one really likes - you become sufficiently invested that you use your imagination to play "what-ifs" regarding the characters and their world that any ending is unlikely to match the "perfect" one imagined.

Thanks, Amazon Prime for allowing me to finally see the entire last season!

Invicta Men's 6621 II Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel Blue Dial Watch
Invicta Men's 6621 II Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel Blue Dial Watch
Price: $86.99
4 used & new from $82.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with the watch, December 4, 2009
I like watches, but I would never wear something that represents a month or more salary on my wrist. I look for watches that will survive the bangs that I always give them since my wrist seems to be right at door knob level, and my watch has a way of giving the knobs a good whack as I walk by. The Invicta watch looks good and has a nice heft and feel to it. Although I have not purchased an Invicta before, the line earns generally positive reviews and the free warranty extension by purchasing through Amazon helped my decision.

Pros
Looks great - have received lots of compliments
Seems to keep very accurate time - set against time.gov
Band is of sufficient size (with removable links) so it can fit almost any wrist
The watch was only $59.99
A free 4-year extension to the warranty
Nice feel on the wrist

Cons
The bezel is not as snug as it could be around the face - it diminishes the quality feel
Removing links to re-size took more time than with other watches I have owned
MSRP for value comparison is unreasonably high, but at a $60 to $70 price on Amazon, it is a good buy
The instruction sheet mentioned by other reviewers seems cheap, but the process is intuitive

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and would buy another Invicta when a good deal appears.