Profile for Joe H > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joe H RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2
Santa!: A Scanimation Picture Book
Santa!: A Scanimation Picture Book
by Rufus Butler Seder
Price: $10.37
108 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amused a Toddler, December 14, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my friend's son. He seems to really like the moving pictures. Not necessarily a toddler or much of a fan of my books moving as I read them, I am not so much a fan. I am not the intended audience, though.

Bear Growl Roar, Monster SFX, Soundscape ringtone, alarm, alert
Bear Growl Roar, Monster SFX, Soundscape ringtone, alarm, alert
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, April 25, 2013
When I get a text, the world quakes in fear. There is not a more intimidating tone one might hope to find.

MLB Philadelphia Phillies Black with White 59FIFTY Fitted Cap, 7 1/2
MLB Philadelphia Phillies Black with White 59FIFTY Fitted Cap, 7 1/2
Price: $31.51

5.0 out of 5 stars My Most Versatile Accessory, January 31, 2013
Red doesn't go well with my complexion. I want to pull it off, but I just can't. This, this I can wear with everything. I have gone through four at this point, getting a new one every time I wear one out.

A Memory of Light  (Wheel of Time, Book 14)
A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time, Book 14)
by Robert Jordan
Price: $22.78
229 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ending I Could Have Expected, January 31, 2013
While you don't really read a 14-book series just for the ending, if it had ended poorly, it would have been extremely disappointing. All of the principal plot lines are reasonably tied off reasonably well and I enjoyed the pace of it. I'm a little sad to have put down The Wheel of Time for the last time, but I'm sure

Squirrel Mask
Squirrel Mask
Offered by Green Web Inc
Price: $23.19
17 used & new from $20.89

5.0 out of 5 stars You can be a chipmunk, too!, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Squirrel Mask (Toy)
I wore this on Halloween as a part of my Alvin of Alvin and the Chipmunks costume and no one said, "Hey, isn't that a squirrel mask?" They were just like, "Dope costume, Al!" and then they would high-five me. So, 2-for-1 value, as far as I see it.

Good Omens
Good Omens
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Good Omens (Kindle Edition)
Beginning to end, a hilarious and thoughtful read. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes to think and laugh. If you don't like thinking and laughing, you probably shouldn't read it, though. If you happen to be a member of that set, just curious, but what do you do with your time? More significantly, how did you come to be reading a review of this book?

You Suck (Bloodsucking Fiends Book 2)
You Suck (Bloodsucking Fiends Book 2)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Non-Grating Modern Vampire Tale!, October 29, 2012
Okay, that's a back-handed compliment and bit unfair. Moore's vampires aren't as shiny, undersexed, and banal as his contemporaries, but I hesitated for a while before reading this because, ugh, vampires...

Of course, it was excellent. As always, Moore is witty, outrageous, endearing, and mildly poignant. I don't know that this ranks among his best work, but it's certainly fun and charming enough to be worth the read. Especially if you want a break from the "other vampires".

Lucky Brand Men's 181 Relaxed Straight Jean in Ol Neptune, Ol Neptune, 40W x 30L

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these jeans, October 2, 2012
It's not an overly manly thing to admit, but I love these jeans enough that I bought two pairs. I'll buy another two if/when the price drops again. They're wonderful.

Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time, Book 10)
Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time, Book 10)
by Robert Jordan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $8.99
187 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to believe other reviewers where cynical..., September 20, 2011
But What. The. Frick. I'm all for rising action and tensions, but literally nothing worthy of note happens. Maybe it we bear out in the rest of them (I'm clearly too invested to quit at this point), but I really could have just skipped this book. It's hard to imagine Jordan writing this and anyone at all saying, "Great job, Bob. You'll make even more fans with this one." I would have given one star but I do like the series as a whole. As long as the next book gets better.

Kinect Sports
Kinect Sports
Price: $12.90
260 used & new from $1.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but Unoriginal, June 6, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kinect Sports (Video Game)
It's fun and some of the games (ping pong sticks out) are good for what Kinect brings. However, most of the games are too disjointed (soccer particularly) and the others have been done before.

Page: 1 | 2